PDA

View Full Version : Power Bowl

bisonmike2
09-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Did anyone see the write up by McFeeley ripping the MSUM coach. If it's true, I'm actually going to side with McFeeley.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=177053&section=Columnists&columnist=Mike%20McFeely

TransAmBison
09-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Did anyone see the write up by McFeeley ripping the MSUM coach. If it's true, I'm actually going to side with McFeeley.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=177053&section=Columnists&columnist=Mike%20McFeely
Wow! Kinda looks like he got what he deserved.

NorthernBison
09-02-2007, 03:04 PM
There is a history between those two. McFeely was critical of the hiring in the first place and Tomeo took it personally and publicly lashed out at our favorite columnist. He had the last laugh a year ago when the Dragons did better than expected.

Now Mr. Tomeo is getting some payback. The old adage about arguing with people who buy ink in barrels is true here.

Tomeo, in this case, really is showing a lack of class. I have a hard time feeling sorry for McFeely but, Heath Hotzler is a reporter who covers the small colleges in the area and Tomeo is a "douche" for ducking him.

onbison09
09-02-2007, 04:04 PM
"Man, You are one pathetic loser" Lloyd Christmas to Tomeo.

Tatanka
09-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Must.... fight.... urge to agree with..... McFeely.:banghead:

As for Coach Tomeo:

http://www.mlive.com/cgi-bin/prxy/weblog_photos/nph-cache.cgi/cache=3000;/mtlogs/mlive_projectmayhem/images/renstimpy.jpg

Damon, you eeeeeeeeeeeeeeediot!!! RUN THE FRANKING BALL when you're up late in the fourth quarter and the other team doesn't have any timeouts!!!:banghead: :ranting:

Shawn-O
09-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Tough loss, Coach Tomeo. Don't lose any more hair over it. :D

56BISON73
09-02-2007, 04:56 PM
He passed three times and went for it on forth down. 4 vital errors in a row.
That wasnt a melt down. His brain just turned to baby shit. No doubt about it. PL

SUfan23
09-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow! Talk about some baaaaaaaaaaadd coaching! I was watching the Power Bowl and stared in disbelief as that idiot handed the game to Concordia. Perhaps the best Coach on Horan's staff yesterday was Tomeo. If I were a senior on that MSUM team I would be irrate. Three calls like that....it's arrogance, plain and simple. I think the moron was trying to run up the score. Concordia needed every single last ounce of energy to march 52 yards! Why not punt and make them go 70, 80, 90 yards? Then to top it off this bush league hack shows his players what a true man does in defeat.....puts his tail between his league and runs and cries....what a hack!!! Tells his QB not to talk to the media, because no doubt the media would have asked, and rightfully so, what the QB thought about his brain dead coach's decision to pass three times.....then go for it on 4th down and take an 11 yard sack!!!! To make matters worse, he has his players find their own means of transportation to get back to MSUM's campus...I know it's a short walk, but to run and hide and leave your team high and dry?!?!

It's small wonder this jerk Tomeo was 3rd or 4th on the search committee's list of guys to hire, even after his 6 win season. I'll say it right now. That idiot isn't going to be in town next year.

Bison Dan
09-02-2007, 08:23 PM
It looked to me that the MSU players were looking for a fight after the game. I thought for a second it would break out but the Concordia players just let it go. Good.

onbison09
09-02-2007, 09:53 PM
If you don't have your teams respect you don't have jack.

NDSU1980
09-03-2007, 03:10 AM
This is a first. I agree with McFeely. I didn't see the game, but I read about it this morning, along with McFeely's comments. Any coach who would push his QB in the chest and order him not to talk to the media. I'd say Moorhead will slip back into their old habit of winless seasons.

Bisonguy
09-03-2007, 03:17 AM
LOL- All this on the heels of speculation about much longer the Power Bowl will last, due to Concordia not being able to be competitive anymore. :rofl: :rofl:

NorthernBison
09-03-2007, 03:22 PM
It should end now with a Concordia victory and MSUM's coach showing no class. I don't see any future for MSUM athletics in general and football in particular. They should cut their losses and let Concordia handle the smaller college market in FM and NDSU keep the rest of the attention. Nobody cares about MSUM athletics including the students. MSUM would probably improve themselves financially if they just cut the whole athletic department. A compromise would be to drop football if the NSIC would let them.

roadwarrior
09-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Didnt they already agree to play in 2008?

sambini
09-04-2007, 03:49 AM
Yes one more year. But both teams leagues could be expanding. In turn it could end this game. I see the coach on WDAY tonite said he made a mistake.

SirHinn
09-04-2007, 04:35 AM
It should end now with a Concordia victory and MSUM's coach showing no class. I don't see any future for MSUM athletics in general and football in particular. They should cut their losses and let Concordia handle the smaller college market in FM and NDSU keep the rest of the attention. Nobody cares about MSUM athletics including the students. MSUM would probably improve themselves financially if they just cut the whole athletic department. A compromise would be to drop football if the NSIC would let them.

It kind of sounds like complete ignorance all together in regards to your entire statement. Nobody cares about MSUM athletics? Someone must care otherwise they would get zero media coverage and literally wouldn't be able to afford to give any scholarships. The students don't care about MSUM athletics? I find that statement yet again to be completely ignorant on your part. If no students cared, literally no one would come to any games. Do people care about NDSU women's soccer, NDSU softball, or mens baseball? Based on your previous statements, you'd figure your assumption would be no. So should they just drop those sports since these sports aren't really making a lot of money for the school? Believe it or not in a community like Fargo Moorhead, there are more then enough people to support these 2 small schools.

You also mention Tomeo showing zero class, what about McFeeley? The man personally attacks Tomeo and that's acceptible? Atleast Tomeo issued an apololgy for his actions, I've yet to see McFeeley show any class and do the same for his.

NorthernBison
09-04-2007, 12:55 PM
It kind of sounds like complete ignorance all together in regards to your entire statement. Nobody cares about MSUM athletics? Someone must care otherwise they would get zero media coverage and literally wouldn't be able to afford to give any scholarships. The students don't care about MSUM athletics? I find that statement yet again to be completely ignorant on your part. If no students cared, literally no one would come to any games. Do people care about NDSU women's soccer, NDSU softball, or mens baseball? Based on your previous statements, you'd figure your assumption would be no. So should they just drop those sports since these sports aren't really making a lot of money for the school? Believe it or not in a community like Fargo Moorhead, there are more then enough people to support these 2 small schools.

You also mention Tomeo showing zero class, what about McFeeley? The man personally attacks Tomeo and that's acceptible? Atleast Tomeo issued an apololgy for his actions, I've yet to see McFeeley show any class and do the same for his.

I apologize for the tone of my statement. I knew it was over the top when I posted it but wanted to see what type of reaction it got. Of course there are people that follow MSU sports and they support the programs with real dollars. They have a long way to go in building up the support and this probably won't help.

As for supporting Tomeo, never. I seriously doubt that the apology was his idea. Actaully, it sounded pretty clear from his interview with Hallstrom last night that it was more likely that the push came from the Ad or higher. MSUM issued an official press release apologizing for his actions. I'm not a big McFeely supporter but I didn't see anything wrong with his column. I know there is a history between McFeely and Tomeo. Furthermore, Tomeo's refusal to talk to Hotzler was really bad because that guy is the biggest cheerleader the small schools have on the Forum staff.

I checked out the D2 message board and they are really getting blasted over there. There are some former players and even some parents of players on there calling for him to be fired right now. It looks like he will get a second chance and I hope he appreciates it because it wouldn't happen at every school.

WYOBISONMAN
09-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Tomeo needed to apologize. Stupid coaching followed by a no-class act like he pulled is pretty sad.

sambini
09-04-2007, 11:56 PM
They made an public statement yesterday.

Tatanka
09-07-2007, 02:51 AM
This just in... (http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/?blog=12327)

According to some rambling intellectual, Concordia would beat NDSU 1 time out of 3 and UND would beat NDSU 2 times out of 3.:uhyeah:

Thank God I work at a place that conducts mandatory drug screening. Otherwise I might have a football-related workplace conflict as well...:)

Scooter1
09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
This just in... (http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/?blog=12327)

According to some rambling intellectual, Concordia would beat NDSU 1 time out of 3 and UND would beat NDSU 2 times out of 3.:uhyeah:

Thank God I work at a place that conducts mandatory drug screening. Otherwise I might have a football-related workplace conflict as well...:)

Took me a while to get to the quote but....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

God I just love dillusional UND fans. No Concordia fan is that stupid.