PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota game after ASU upset

NDSUFREAK
09-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Seeing that the biggest upset in the history of Football was unveiled today in Ann Arbor this poses some questions/comments for our game on the 20th of October.

Minnesota will be more than ready for the game and maybe even more ready for us than OSU or Michigan themselves.
NDSU will take the momentum from ASU and kick the goofers ass.
Will we be overlooked by the fan base of the U as well?
Will we continue the upsets for the FCS?Those are just my two cents

CaBisonFan
09-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Seeing that the biggest upset in the history of Football was unveiled today in Ann Arbor this poses some questions/comments for our game on the 20th of October.

Minnesota will be more than ready for the game and maybe even more ready for us than OSU or Michigan themselves.
NDSU will take the momentum from ASU and kick the goofers ass.
Will we be overlooked by the fan base of the U as well?
Will we continue the upsets for the FCS?Those are just my two cents

It speaks well for the caliber of football being played in the FCS. Some of the upper-tier FCS teams will be able to play with almost any program on any given Saturday. The exceptions would probably be playing teams like Florida, LSU, and USC. To me, this wasn't a major upset, after watching ASU in the championship game last year. Both teams had their breakdowns, miscues, etc. I think that all of the above (from your list) will be the result...but probably not the ass kicking. We'll be confident, and Minnesota will be ready. It should be very intense, competitive, and fun.

TAILG8R
09-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Will we be overlooked by the fan base of the U as well

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl.gif Excellent!!!

onbison09
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
FCS football at the top quality programs is not that much different than at the lower to middle tier of FBS on the FCS's elite's best games. Of course ASU played out of their mind but they are a damn good football team. I thought they could maybe score a few points on Michigan but not win. I wonder what the folks on "Gameday" think of the "cupcakes" now.

56BISON73
09-02-2007, 12:26 AM
MN isnt looking too good right now against BG. PL

X-Factor
09-02-2007, 12:49 AM
LMAO

Bowling Green (WTF?!)- 14

Minnesota- GOOSE

KC_Hats
09-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Minnesota looks worse than last season and Brewster looks more lost than Mason did.

On another note Kansas is taking Central Michigan to the woodshed it was 35-0 last score I saw.

Both FBS games look winnable to me.

No_Skill
09-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Sagarin Rankings as of 10:11 Saturday Night

Minnesota - 35

Bowling Green - 87

NDSU - 82

This game is definately closer than Minnesota wanted. 21 - 21 with 6:00 to go. Gopher ball

No_Skill
09-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Check out this poll:

http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=209

BisonNeil
09-02-2007, 03:49 AM
It will take Brewster a few games to get the Sue out of the Goophers (not misspelled)!!!

No_Skill
09-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Gophers lose in OT to a two point conversion. BG 32 Minn 31

Brewster after the two point conversion was on his knees slapping the turf! Priceless.

Minnesota Gophers...Rose Bowl Bound. :D :D :D

56BISON73
09-02-2007, 03:55 AM
MN isnt looking too good right now against BG. PL

MN looked much beter in the second half. BG had some balls to go for 2. PL

KC_Hats
09-02-2007, 03:58 AM
Gophers lose in OT to a two point conversion. BG 32 Minn 31

Brewster after the two point conversion was on his knees slapping the turf! Priceless.

Minnesota Gophers...Rose Bowl Bound. :D :D :D

Why stop at the Rose Bowl? Punky Brewster thinks they should only play USC, Texas and LSU. Goophers for the National Championship.:nod: :p

I wonder if that loss will shut him up. I kind of doubt it.

BisonNeil
09-02-2007, 04:43 AM
The team, and more importantly the fan response, will be really interesting to watch.

The Miami (Ohio) game is critical for the Goophers (not misspelled).

KC Bison
09-05-2007, 01:33 PM
On this week's Gopher show on FSN, Brewster had already analyzed their problems and was ready to solve them. They're still on track to get to the Rose Bowl. Dream on Punky.

stpaulbison
09-05-2007, 02:32 PM
PA and Dubay are talking about NDSU on their show right now. Don't know how much longer they will talk about the FCS division but here is a link to listen online. Their bit runs from 9-12 weekdays on KFAN 1130 AM. For those of you who don't know who they are, KFAN is a sports talk radio station based in the twin cities which plays on other stations in the midwest.

http://www.kfan.com/main.html

exdaryl3rd
09-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Minnesota is staring a non-bowl season dead in the face right now. They should blow out FAU, but the rest of their "gimme" games are not looking real great. They are only 6 spots ahead of Miami (OH) in the Sagaring rankings, Purdue and Illinois at home, Northwestern and Indiana away, not to mention the NDSU game. I think that these were all games they counted on winning, but I'm not sure they win more than 2 or maybe 3 of them.

NDSUstudent
09-05-2007, 03:43 PM
On this week's Gopher show on FSN, Brewster had already analyzed their problems and was ready to solve them. They're still on track to get to the Rose Bowl. Dream on Punky.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/bisonfan2008/brewster.jpg

Tatanka
09-05-2007, 11:02 PM
:rofl:

Beautiful, NDSUstudent. Simply beautiful.:nod:

EagleBison
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Brewster didn't get much leftover from the Mason Regime. They need to give him a couple years to see if he can improve. Weber does look like he might turn out to be a good QB. Even if the Gophers are ready, the Bison still have a great chance to win this one.

WildBill
09-07-2007, 12:17 AM
The spread will take away from the Bison's strength,ie the linebackers.

tcbison
09-07-2007, 01:37 AM

Will Minnesota know how to run the spread by the time they play the Bison? :hide:

SlickVic
09-07-2007, 04:24 AM
will the gophers be able to stop tyler rohl???

X-Factor
09-07-2007, 05:04 AM
or Steve Walker? man, if you thought the Bowling Green stats were ugly...

NDSUstudent
09-07-2007, 05:08 AM

Your forgetting the whole part of needing to be able to run the spread effectively first. For this year at least I have some big doubts if the Gophers have the tools to run that kind of offense.

Bison53
09-07-2007, 07:27 AM
WTF is it?

74BisonFan
09-07-2007, 02:13 PM
please tell me if I am wrong, but I thought the new o-cordinator came from Cal and the reason he left Cal was because the head coach would not let him pass as much as he wanted to?

bisonmike2
09-07-2007, 02:28 PM

if our d-line gets pressure we don't have to worry about the spread. After all, if he doesn't have time to throw the ball, we don't have to worry about who's covering the recievers.