PDA

View Full Version : scrimmage?

bisonhusker
08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Do we have a scrimmage on Saturday the 1st of September? If so, what time and where???? Thanks.

Bisonguy
08-31-2007, 09:51 PM
The report from WDAY last night said there was a scrimmage tomorrow. They said the Fargodome, but it could possibly at the practice fields (previous ones were there even though the original schedule said Fargodome).

Scrimmages usually start at 9:30 (or shortly thereafter)

TheDoctor
09-01-2007, 06:29 AM
The report from WDAY last night said there was a scrimmage tomorrow. They said the Fargodome, but it could possibly at the practice fields (previous ones were there even though the original schedule said Fargodome).

Scrimmages usually start at 9:30 (or shortly thereafter)

Heck told me today that as far as the players knew it is a "practice" in the dome where plays are called in and ran. While I am not sure if they found a different reffing crew, I know my dad's crew has a NCC game tomorrow and they have done every Bison "scrimmage" I can remember in the last 10 years. So, I would guess refs won't be used, BUT, I certainly could be wrong. Last word to players as of noon today though was that it was in the Dome for sure. ;)

Mr. Burgundy
09-02-2007, 01:45 AM
There were quite a few guys a practice today, but I will post. It was basically a controlled scrimmage, the 1's didn't go against the 1's. I walk in....and bingo. Shamen takes it to the house...without effort. He wasn't touched. Kid is silly. Next thing I see, is Tyler running for 45 yards and finishing a run HARD. He took a screen pass the house from 95 yards about 5 minutes later and outran Dbacks with angles. I honestly was in shock. He looks like a linebacker and nobody was catching him. He runs MEAN. Like he wants to hurt you. I loved it. Let me rant. The running backs were just flat awesome. This is a position of strength. They are 5 deep. Blincoe ran next and was unreal. I had written him off, but he was great. Then cam "Double P" and he was unreal too. He ran over a guy at the goal line. He brings it for a not so large kid. He doesn't go down easy and seemingly always is breaking free. Next was Brower who had a 60 yard TD run, he was amazing as well...and always moves the pile. Then you have DJ who was on scout team against the #1 defense. You can tell he will be special. His opportunity wasn't the same today as he was going against the 1's and the others weren't, I really hope he redshirts, I want him to be the MAN down the road, we are just too deep to waste his freshman year that deep on the chart. Again, I was thrilled with their play. We are BIG, DEEP, and well coached. I am pumped. Walker is ice. Nothing can affect him. He just sits back there and finds the open man with perfect accuracy. You would have had to see the Tyler runs to believe his combo of size and speed. Hey...Did Michigan play today???

Ricky Bobby
09-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Burgundy was right on about the scrimmage. The running backs are solid. I am so pumped for the home opener. I really like Brower as well on short yardage. The guy is a banger. And...I didn't think it is possible, but Joe Mays is bigger than he was last year. Looking forward to Teammakers lunch on Thursday, tailgating before game, the game, and tailgating after game.

TheDoctor
09-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Burgundy was right on about the scrimmage. The running backs are solid. I am so pumped for the home opener. I really like Brower as well on short yardage. The guy is a banger. And...I didn't think it is possible, but Joe Mays is bigger than he was last year. Looking forward to Teammakers lunch on Thursday, tailgating before game, the game, and tailgating after game.

Save me a seat on Thursday Ricky...Mr. Burgundy....will you be there as well???? ;)

Mr. Burgundy
09-03-2007, 02:46 AM
In for sure.

TheDoctor
09-03-2007, 04:03 AM
Sounds good. ;)

Bisonguy
09-03-2007, 03:24 PM
From WDAY last night, sounds like Blincoe is pushing Paschall for the backup RB spot, Washington if fully recovered, and the team is injury free.

X-Factor
09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
From WDAY last night, sounds like Blincoe is pushing Paschall for the backup RB spot, Washington if fully recovered, and the team is injury free.

This has got to be the first time in years. Sounds to me that the strength and conditioning this summer is helping out.
We did lose Colvin, but if I'm not mistaken that injury happened earlier this spring.

A fully recovered Washington and now teams kicking off from the 30 could spell a huge year for him.

AEBison1998
09-05-2007, 03:27 AM
I was at the last two scrimmages and was particularly interested in the running backs. I have to agree with the previous post. Tyler R. is really looking good. He had several collisions with #8 two weeks ago...I don't think either one gave any ground...that says a lot about both players. The speed he showed last Saturday in the dome was really amazing. The guys plays at 110% all the time so I just hope he stays healthy. He kind of reminds me of Ron Dayne...a big man shouldn't be able to run like that.

Patrick Pashcall (P squared) didn't play two weeks ago. I didn't get a chance to see his speed to much this past week but he showed some good power. He wasn't as big of a guy as I expected, so seeing some power was really impressive.

Some of you guys have been kind of hard on Pete B. since the spring game last year. You have to remember he was running against one of the toughtest run defensed in the country. He had some good games last year especially if you consider he was a true freshman. He looked solid this past week as well.

Then Brower came in and show speed and power. He could easily step in if needed.

A lot of people have commented on DJ McNorton. He had quite a few carries both weeks. This past week he was playing on the scout team against the starting defenses. He was running hard and hitting the holes. But in all honesty, there wasn't much for holes. The previous week he was playing against guys further down the depth chart. Or to say it another way...guys his his own age. Two words...he is really going to be good....no he is really good....he is going to be great. I don't think he had a run less than 20 yards. His teammates were hoot'in and holler'in for him quite a bit from the sidelines so I imagine they've seen him run like that before. He isn't a small guy like Lamar was when he came but he isn't "full sized" yet. That isn't a knock on DJ in any way. The Lord makes us all different. He'll put on some more weight this year and I think really be excellent next year. If any of you guys watched his highlight tape...where he ran into the pile and there is just a big mess...then all of a sudden he is running all by himself out from the pile...he had a run like that. Great ability I thought.

I didn't get to see Matt V. very much. He is a bigger kid than I was expecting. If he keeps getting bigger, he may end up looking like Tyler R. That will be interesting to watch.

In short, the tailback position really looks talented. I can't wait for the first game.

tony
09-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Great first post, AEBison1998!

Really curious to see how NDSU's backs do against some of the best rush defenses in the FCS (UC Davis and Cal Poly spring to mind).

Kind of weird that last year we were so thin at TB that we had to pull Blincoe's redshirt... btw, is there some tape of his long TD run against Poly someplace? I'd love to see that from an endzone angle or from the rafters... hey, it'd be cool if the FargoDome could get a video camera up there.