PDA

View Full Version : Western Illinois - SDSU

Scooter1
08-31-2007, 03:46 AM
Western Ill just beat SDSU 29-26. That has to be kind of an upset. What the heck happened Jacks?

X-Factor
08-31-2007, 04:33 AM
Jacks don't do all that well on the road, so I dunno if its an upset?

NWNDBison
08-31-2007, 12:08 PM
This was the longest game in the history of both schools.

Jackrabbits: It doesn't help your cause any when your quarterback is intercepted 3 times, the first one leading to a touchdown and the third ending your final drive in 4th OT.

Here's a surprising statistic from the Leathernecks' website:

"(The Leathernecks) limited South Dakota State to 227 yards of total offense through four quarters - the lowest total by a Championship Subdivision team since Tennessee-Martin gained 87 yards in 2003."

BisonCountry
08-31-2007, 01:24 PM
This was the longest game in the history of both schools.

Jackrabbits: It doesn't help your cause any when your quarterback is intercepted 3 times, the first one leading to a touchdown and the third ending your final drive in 4th OT.

Here's a surprising statistic from the Leathernecks' website:

"(The Leathernecks) limited South Dakota State to 227 yards of total offense through four quarters - the lowest total by a Championship Subdivision team since Tennessee-Martin gained 87 yards in 2003."
I assume they were saying lowest total against WIU's defense and not all of FCS. I remember against MVSU last year they barely got over 100 yard's on us.

bisonmike2
08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't know why but they don't start season well. Give them 1 more game to get into the swing of things and they'll start rattling off wins. I wonder how many performances like that before they yank Berry. My last impression of him is 2 years ago in Fargo, he was rolling out to his right and Mays (I think) drilled him as he was throwing the ball. I remember they would show the clip on the craig bohl show intro. He wasn't the same QB in that game after that hit.

onbison09
08-31-2007, 11:27 PM
THey got beat by D3 (ha ha) Wisconsin- La Crosse and had a pretty decent year. Leathernecks is a really badass nickname.

56BISON73
09-01-2007, 01:15 AM
THey got beat by D3 (ha ha) Wisconsin- La Crosse and had a pretty decent year. Leathernecks is a really badass nickname.

LaCrosse traditionally has a VERY GOOD football team and play better than many Div 2 schools. PL

sambini
09-01-2007, 03:12 AM
Didn't LaCrosse win the national championship last year? Or was it another Wisconsin school?

56BISON73
09-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Didn't LaCrosse win the national championship last year? Or was it another Wisconsin school?

It was Wisc-Whitewater. Another traditional powerhouse. Same conference. PL

onbison09
09-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Wasn't slaming LaCrosse by any means!! Just saying if you play D3 teams you beat them. (that is from the department of the obvious) LaCrosse has produced Bill Schroeder and maybe a couple other pros I don't know about. SDSU traditionaly starts slow so we'll see.

56BISON73
09-01-2007, 03:55 AM
Wasn't slaming LaCrosse by any means!! Just saying if you play D3 teams you beat them. (that is from the department of the obvious) LaCrosse has produced Bill Schroeder and maybe a couple other pros I don't know about. SDSU traditionaly starts slow so we'll see.

Tom Newberry longtime O-Tackle with the Rams. Gregg Mattison coach with the Florida Gators and a few others I cant rmember. But there are a bunch that had try outs in NFL but didnt make it.
Schroeder if Iam not correct was a track man and didnt play football in high school or college. Cant remember the story on him but he was a heck of a receiver with the Packers. PL

Scooter1
09-01-2007, 05:41 AM
It was Wisc-Whitewater. Another traditional powerhouse. Same conference. PL

Your information is incorrect. Wisconsin Whitewater made it to the championship, then got blown out by Mount Union 16-35. Mount Union is going for their third straight NC this year and Championship #10.

56BISON73
09-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Your information is incorrect. Wisconsin Whitewater made it to the championship, then got blown out by Mount Union 16-35. Mount Union is going for their third straight NC this year and Championship #10.

Scooter
You are correct. All I could remember was Whitewater was in the championship game.

On another note are you coming to the pizza party??? :hungry: PL

onbison09
09-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Billy was a trackster.

Scooter1
09-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Scooter
You are correct. All I could remember was Whitewater was in the championship game.

Probably not, to much crap going on around the house and at work. But, thanks for the invite.

TheDoctor
09-06-2007, 06:52 AM

Should be fun! Will you be there??????? ;)