View Full Version : SDSU in OT Battle

NWNDBison
08-31-2007, 02:36 AM
The Jackrabbits are in their 3rd OT at Western IL. 23-23
13-13 end of regulation
16-16 end of first OT
23-23 end of 2nd OT
SDSU pulls ahead 26-23 in 3rd OT

Tried to listen to W IL webcast, but couldn't get it in.
Their bandwidth was used up I think.

X-Factor
08-31-2007, 02:40 AM
this game is in the 4th OT.

crazy

X-Factor
08-31-2007, 02:43 AM
WIU scores a tre

29-26 western in the 4th OT, SDSU's on the plate and swingin'

X-Factor
08-31-2007, 02:44 AM
wow. SDSU int. game over WIU wins

tcbison
08-31-2007, 02:45 AM
Damn. I was hoping the Jacks would win.

sway1331
08-31-2007, 02:46 AM
Did anyone catch the first 4 quarters? Was it two strong defenses facing off or a couple of struggling offenses?

WYOBISONMAN
08-31-2007, 02:50 AM
Bummer....... would have loved a Jack win.....SDSU will be tough as nails this year!

X-Factor
08-31-2007, 02:51 AM
sounds like SDSU had the advantage but had two turnovers that led to some points for WIU. Berry was rattled.

Hammersmith
08-31-2007, 02:52 AM
Did anyone catch the first 4 quarters? Was it two strong defenses facing off or a couple of struggling offenses?

Yes.

SDSU's offense struggled mightly with the pass. SDSU's defense was pretty good. Overall, SDSU was the better team, but turnovers, over/underthrown passes, and stupid penalties cost them the game. The also lost one of their top-two RB's - knee injury - on crutches.

NDSU should demolish WIU, but SDSU could be a problem if their QB figures out how to complete a pass.

rabidrabbit
08-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Yes.

SDSU's offense struggled mightly with the pass. SDSU's defense was pretty good. Overall, SDSU was the better team, but turnovers, over/underthrown passes, and stupid penalties cost them the game. The also lost one of their top-two RB's - knee injury - on crutches.

NDSU should demolish WIU, but SDSU could be a problem if their QB figures out how to complete a pass.

It was a very good game. SDSU lines were definitely better than Western's. Western's QB Barr is a RS-Fr who will remind Bison of Steve Walker's first year. And an outstanding running back in Donaldson.

Ryan Berry needs to hit his open receivers. And not force throws into a crowd. Trevor Hohn's knee injury is the only concern coming away from game (injury wise).

WIU has won 31 in a row at home. NDSU may not succeed in waltzing out with a win in Macomb.

But I do like Bison's chances as better than Rabbits if get into a OT battle with Western.

KC_Hats
09-01-2007, 03:13 AM
No Steve Walker's first season at NDSU he was lights out and only threw one interception the whole season. I've seen Berry play and I've seen Steve Walker play there is no comparison. Steve Walker is one of the top QB's in the FCS and Berry is a QB.:banghead:

X-Factor
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
No Steve Walker's first season at NDSU he was lights out and only threw Zero interception the whole season. I've seen Berry play and I've seen Steve Walker play there is no comparison. Steve Walker is one of the top QB's in the FCS and Berry is a QB.:banghead:

fixed it for ya!

BTW, I think rabbit was comparing Walker and Barr, not Walker and Berry. HUGE difference.

Still, the comparison is far from accurate. Walker as a freshman was a significantly better passer. Barr has some athleticism and can make runs, at least against SDSU.