PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Manifesto

Tatanka
08-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Random thoughts on Game Day from the mind of Tatanka:

19th Avenue streetlight poles should have Bison Game Day banners on them. Or NDSU banners. Or Green and Yellow Banners. Or all three. Get people jacked up for the game as soon as possible.
The poem that ends "For the strength of the herd is the Bison, and the strength of the Bison is THE HERD" should be read before teh intro video with all the lights out. Can you imagine a more fitting way to start the game?
Pre-game video with Craig Bohl or Joe Chapman reminding the fans to make some noise. Now that the dome has a speaker system worth a crap you'll actually be able to understand them. For example, prior to every St Louis Blues (teh hockies, I know...) home game, the PA announcer reminds the fans of the code of conduct (watch for flying pucks, be courteous to your neighbors, etc.) but ends the speech with a reminder to have fun, support the home team and MAKE SOME NOISE.
Speaking of said speaker system, use it. BUT don't flood the game with continual canned music clips. LET THE BAND BE THE BAND.
Wear teh yellow. Acceptable alternatives include Bison jerseys and green NDSU apparel. Wearing red, blue, purple, etc. should be outlawed.
NDSU athletic dept should coach the dome nazis as to what is acceptable behavior. Which is pretty much everything. LET THE CROWD BE THE 12th MAN.
Bring back teh freaking cannon for when we score.
Live bison on field prior to shutting down lights... No excuses.
Bougie on motorcycle is ok as long as it's a LOUD cycle.
Thundar rappels from ceiling a la Army National Guard with gameball with lights out.
Sound like too much? it's the biggest show in ND. It should be too much.Alright. Flame away or add to the list.

Bisonguy
08-28-2007, 02:11 AM

19th Avenue streetlight poles should have Bison Game Day banners on them. Or NDSU banners. Or Green and Yellow Banners. Or all three. Get people jacked up for the game as soon as possible.
The poem that ends "For the strength of the herd is the Bison, and the strength of the Bison is THE HERD" should be read before teh intro video with all the lights out. Can you imagine a more fitting way to start the game?
Pre-game video with Craig Bohl or Joe Chapman reminding the fans to make some noise. Now that the dome has a speaker system worth a crap you'll actually be able to understand them. For example, prior to every St Louis Blues (teh hockies, I know...) home game, the PA announcer reminds the fans of the code of conduct (watch for flying pucks, be courteous to your neighbors, etc.) but ends the speech with a reminder to have fun, support the home team and MAKE SOME NOISE.
Speaking of said speaker system, use it. BUT don't flood the game with continual canned music clips. LET THE BAND BE THE BAND.
Wear teh yellow. Acceptable alternatives include Bison jerseys and green NDSU apparel. Wearing red, blue, purple, etc. should be outlawed.
NDSU athletic dept should coach the dome nazis as to what is acceptable behavior. Which is pretty much everything. LET THE CROWD BE THE 12th MAN.
Thundar rappels from ceiling a la Army National Guard with gameball with lights out.
Sound like too much? it's the biggest show in ND. It should be too much.Alright. Flame away or add to the list.

As long as Thundar doesn't go Australian style. His head might fall off and freak the kids out.

I'll add one:
The FPD should use their tasers on anyone that hasn't left the west lots 20 minutes prior to kickoff.

TransAmBison
08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
As long as Thundar doesn't go Australian style. His head might fall off and freak the kids out.

I'll add one:

The FPD should use their tasers on anyone that hasn't left the west lots 20 minutes prior to kickoff.
20 minutes???!!!! There's still time for a couple more beers! How about 10 minutes?

NDSUFREAK
08-28-2007, 02:25 PM
ASU has Laws that their fans go by. Sun Devil Laws. Here are some of them..

• Honor those who came before you.

• Anyone can be a champion. Few are.

• Scare the opponent with the size of your heart.

• When opponents look you in the eye, they see a winner.

• 4,000 passing yards to Pasadena.

• Wanted: Lunatic, face-painting, 110-degree-loving fans.

and here is the video showing some of the laws. i went to a bball game in feduary and man was it a fun atmosphere!!..indoors of course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0bNFdKdxVE

aces1180
08-28-2007, 02:55 PM

I would enjoy having some beers during the game...It was nice to have a few at the Metrodome last year.

Bisonguy
08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
20 minutes???!!!! There's still time for a couple more beers! How about 10 minutes?

No. The intro starts before that. There's absolutely no excuse not to be in the stands to cheer the team on when the enter the field. :mad:

roadwarrior
08-28-2007, 08:57 PM
No. The intro starts before that. There's absolutely no excuse not to be in the stands to cheer the team on when they enter the field. :mad:

I agree with you 100% Bisonguy.

Ivy
08-28-2007, 09:19 PM
No. The intro starts before that. There's absolutely no excuse not to be in the stands to cheer the team on when the enter the field. :mad:

The team running in has always given me chills. (not to mention the cool new intro videos.)

TAILG8R
08-28-2007, 09:32 PM
I also think having the stands as full as possible when the visiting team walks out for the first time is a legit argument. And while I am thinking about it, what's with some apposing coaches keeping their teams in the locker rooms during the opening ceremonies?

Bison06
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Couldn't they have one of the National Guard guys put Thundars suit on just for the beginning and then go back into a hallway and change. Takes the danger out of it for Thundar.

bisonmike2
08-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Personally I like being there for the anthem. Yeah national pride is good and all but when we sing the last line and the whole crowd yells "and the home of the BISON". Always loved that part.

SDbison
08-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Heck if the crew from Jamestown (Bisonfan1 and company) would just get to the lot 5 hours before game time they would have just as much time to drink as they do when they arrive a half hour late and get into the game a half hour late. :confused: :confused: :confused: What say you Bisonfan1?

Bisonfan1
08-29-2007, 02:27 AM
FYI SDBISON - I made it to every Intro last year, and furthermore stayed until the final gun. I will not admit to that for any past years though. If i can just get the rest of my crew to show up on time, remember their tickets and their dip n dots i will be there right at lot opening. Nothing more frustrating then sitting in the RV in the driveway waiting on somebody. I am giving everyone a hour earlier departure time so they show up ON TIME this year. GOOOOOOOOOO Bison !!!!!

NDSUFREAK
08-29-2007, 02:00 PM
a week from saturday......

TheDoctor
09-06-2007, 06:37 AM
We drive two vehicles! I tell my family we are ALL there together at the start and anyone who wants to stay with Dad is there when it's over! ;)