PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. SFA

NDSUguy
08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I received an email from NDSU stating the following:

** Attention Bison in the Minneapolis / St. Paul: Joe Sensor’s is the only place in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area that will carry a live feed of the NDSU/SFA football game. Fox Sports Net North may broadcast the game at a delayed time on home networks.

Basically, Fox Sports North hasn't announced yet whether this game will be available to the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro area..... So, if you want to see the game and live in the Twin Cities you might want to get to Sensor's early....

Hammersmith
08-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if the game will be blacked out in Fargo? I was planning on recording it, but this could throw a kink in my plans.

stpaulbison
08-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Doesn't that only happen when games don't sell a certain amount of tickets? Last year that almost happened down here in the cities for a Vikes game since they hadn't sold enough tickets. That's my take.

NDSUguy
08-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Doesn't that only happen when games don't sell a certain amount of tickets? Last year that almost happened down here in the cities for a Vikes game since they hadn't sold enough tickets. That's my take.

I don't think that the game is "blacked out". I think that Fox Sports Net is just choosing to NOT air the game live. Since the game is NOT in the MSP market, I think that they are going to run it as a tape delay.

stpaulbison
08-28-2007, 11:31 AM
So are you saying that the game will not be live in Fargo?

I don't understand who's question you are trying to answer.

NDSUguy
08-28-2007, 12:33 PM
So are you saying that the game will not be live in Fargo?

I don't understand who's question you are trying to answer.

I am not saying that the game will not be live in Fargo. I am not sure of that. What I am saying is that it will NOT be live in Minneapolis/St.Paul.

Hammersmith
08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
The game will be live and on the air in Fargo. I just saw a commercial for it on ESPN2. I really don't know what I was thinking when I asked that question. I plead lack of sleep.

NDSUFREAK
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
hopefully my recording of it as well works out

Scooter1
09-02-2007, 03:05 PM
SFA had two injuries to runningbacks in the last game. The starter only played the first quarter then was out. The backup RB left with an injury as well. I do not know the status of either back as of yet.

onbison09
09-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I was looking ahead on my guide on Direc TV and for 6:00-9:15 for Saturday it said Texas @ Texas Christian. Is that b/c I live in Texas? If this game is blacked out I will be so pissed I will.........

TAILG8R
09-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Usually you will only get1 regional Fox Sports Net channel. Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_Net#Regional_FSN_networks) is a list of the regional channels and what areas they cover. So unless you have a sports package that offers multiple FSN channels you may be out of luck. Don't take my word for it though.

onbison09
09-02-2007, 03:49 PM
I have the sports pack so I should get the game but I can see the call already.
DirecTV: Hello
Pissed off me: Yeah I'm trying to watch the North Dakota State-Stephen F. Austin game and it's blacked out.
D: I'll see what I can do.
Me: Thanks
D: Well since you live in Texas we can't let you watch the game because of distribution rules.
Me: *(%*%&* *Click*
Can see it already. Does Bison in Texas and others have this same problem?

Bisonguy
09-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Does DirectTV have the three Fox College Sports Networks??

There's a chance the feed might get picked up there.

onbison09
09-02-2007, 09:47 PM
It doesn't have FCS to my knowledge.

BisonInTexas
09-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I was looking ahead on my guide on Direc TV and for 6:00-9:15 for Saturday it said Texas @ Texas Christian. Is that b/c I live in Texas? If this game is blacked out I will be so pissed I will.........

On Verizon over here in Highland Village, it is showing at 5:00 AM on Sunday Morning on Fox Sports Central. Already got my DVR set. Now, to listen to the WDAY crew live or not...

Craig

BisonAccountant44
09-02-2007, 10:49 PM
I received an email from NDSU stating the following:

** Attention Bison in the Minneapolis / St. Paul: Joe Sensor’s is the only place in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area that will carry a live feed of the NDSU/SFA football game. Fox Sports Net North may broadcast the game at a delayed time on home networks.

Basically, Fox Sports North hasn't announced yet whether this game will be available to the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro area..... So, if you want to see the game and live in the Twin Cities you might want to get to Sensor's early....

Will it be on live at all Sensors locations?

onbison09
09-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Anybody have the same problem with DirecTV?? Lakes?? I could watch it on All Access but it wouldn't be the same.

NDSUFREAK
09-03-2007, 12:03 AM
ummm......
http://www.tvguide.com/listings/default.aspx
that shows TCU vs Texas at the same time of the BISON game that is being showed...

Bisonguy
09-03-2007, 12:12 AM
ummm......
http://www.tvguide.com/listings/default.aspx
that shows TCU vs Texas at the same time of the BISON game that is being showed...

That's why teh TV Guide is teh <<suXXorz>>

They don't typically update the more local listings. This is why this game is so big on TV. They're taking off a fairly decent game to showcase an even better Bison game!!

No_Skill
09-03-2007, 03:29 AM
Hmmm...The DirecTV website and my onscreen guide both show the TCU game.

I'm not too worried, it'll be updated.

onbison09
09-03-2007, 04:20 PM
I for one am nervous. I'm having flashbacks of the K-State B Ball game when it was on for literally one second and then it was blacked out.

chris56317
09-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Here in St. Cloud it shows up on both my local TV guide (SC Times) and on my Dishnetwork on screen Guide as being on live on FSN North.

Herd
09-03-2007, 08:35 PM
The SFA/NDSU game shows as being on live on FSN North on Comcast cable channel 52 in MPS/St. Paul, and it shows being live in MSP/St. Paul on Direct TV central channel 641. It's also shown as being on live on the one of upper level FCS sport channels on comcast channel 725 in St. Paul. I also see the game in live in Ausin and Houston Texas on different FSN channels.

I'm not sure why everyone is saying that it is blacked out in MN and can only be see recorded.

No_Skill
09-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Mine still isn't updated. Which receiver do you have, Herd?

Herd
09-03-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm just using the tv guide website that was posted earlier. I see the game being live in St. Paul on Comcast and Directv. It is also show as being live at various locations in Texas. I just tried the Austin and Houston zip codes.

In Madison WI, the game is not live on FSN North channel 26 (Brewers vs. Reds), it is however being shown live on FCS channel 406 (probably a sport package channel). It looks like the game will be shown live in many areas throughout the country if you have the sports package on directv or your local cable.

I don't think the game is blacked out in MN on FSN North from what I can see. FSN north has two primary regions, Minnesota and Wisconsin. It looks like the game in on in Minnesota on the standard FSN north channel, while the Brewers/Reds will be shown in Wisconsin. I'm sure that ND/SD will just be follwing the Minnesota region programming.

I would be watching the game on Charter communications Channel 30 in Mankato (game on live), but I will be in Fargo.

http://www.tvguide.com/listings/setup/localize.aspx#changezip

NDSUFREAK
09-03-2007, 09:26 PM
I've got the recording set on the computer and tv