PDA

View Full Version : Bison game cancelled?????

56BISON73
08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
My Mom was up at the cabin outside DL about a week ago and she heard on the radio that a Bison game got cancelled and people were upset about it. Anybody here have any idea what the heck she is talking about because she didnt know what it was about either??? PL

CaBisonFan
08-26-2007, 09:26 PM
My Mom was up at the cabin outside DL about a week ago and she heard on the radio that a Bison game got cancelled and people were upset about it. Anybody here have any idea what the heck she is talking about??? PL

Could it be about future games with Minnesota....or just talk about da coach at Minnesota wanting to stop having the game? Not sure at all.

heymch86
08-26-2007, 11:58 PM
It might have been the game against Montana State that was supposed to be in the dome this year

TransAmBison
08-27-2007, 12:59 AM
It might have been the game against Montana State that was supposed to be in the dome this year
I bet that is it. Good call!

TheDoctor
08-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Funny that got mentioned - with our solid home schedule now, we hardly remember the stunt that MT St. pulled. Classy orginization there. ;)

56BISON73
08-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Thanks guys. Next time I talk to her I will see if any of that will ring a bell with her. PL

NDSUFREAK
08-27-2007, 03:51 AM
Funny that got mentioned - with our solid home schedule now, we hardly remember the stunt that MT St. pulled. Classy orginization there. ;)
then we have msu next year AND Georgia Southern, verdad?

Hammersmith
08-27-2007, 02:17 PM
then we have msu next year AND Georgia Southern, verdad?

Georgia Southern: Yes.
Montana State: Unknown.

Apparently, Gene Taylor and MSU's AD are talking, but nothing has been announced. There have been rumors of a single game in Fargo just to complete the contract so MSU doesn't have to pay the buy-out(on top of the $10k nusiance fee they've already paid). Also, MSU's AD has indicated that he's intrested in a new multi-year contract with the owed Fargo game wrapped up in it. I think the MSU AD proposed a F/B/F while Taylor wanted a F/F/B. Nothing has been said recently because I think the Gateway invitation might've killed any chance of a multi-year deal. If I had to guess, I'd predict MSU in Fargo for the 2009 season. We've already got 5 home games scheduled for 2008, but only 4 for 2009.

Bison Dan
08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Georgia Southern: Yes.
Montana State: Unknown.

Apparently, Gene Taylor and MSU's AD are talking, but nothing has been announced. There have been rumors of a single game in Fargo just to complete the contract so MSU doesn't have to pay the buy-out(on top of the $10k nusiance fee they've already paid). Also, MSU's AD has indicated that he's intrested in a new multi-year contract with the owed Fargo game wrapped up in it. I think the MSU AD proposed a F/B/F while Taylor wanted a F/F/B. Nothing has been said recently because I think the Gateway invitation might've killed any chance of a multi-year deal. If I had to guess, I'd predict MSU in Fargo for the 2009 season. We've already got 5 home games scheduled for 2008, but only 4 for 2009.

It'd be great to have them in 2009.