PDA

View Full Version : Gopher Non-Conf Sagarin

Herd
08-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Who's their best game? Tough call at this point.

Florida Atlantic 149
Bowling Green 87
NDSU 82
Miami OH 79

SDbison
08-25-2007, 04:32 AM

Florida Atlantic 149
Bowling Green 87
NDSU 82
Miami OH 79
NDSU of course!

SDbison
08-25-2007, 04:35 AM

Florida Atlantic 149
Bowling Green 87
NDSU 82
Miami OH 79
Might want to change your question to; " Which non-conference team is most likely to beat Minnesota"?

sambini
08-26-2007, 03:43 AM
Might want to change your question to; " Which non-conference team is most likely to beat Minnesota"?
NDSU of course.....

cbline
08-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Easier question to answer: Which non-conference game will have the highest attendance and the best atmosphere??

sambini
08-28-2007, 04:54 AM
NDSU of course. Thats all I hear about at work etc... There is a hell of a buzz aboout that game.

Goldy93
08-28-2007, 04:19 PM
I would not put much stock in the Sagarin ratings, guys. Afterall, you are knocking them in another thread for putting the Gophers in the top 40. Are they right, or are they wrong? If they are right ....

BisonSig
08-31-2007, 09:42 PM
I would not put much stock in the Sagarin ratings, guys. Afterall, you are knocking them in another thread for putting the Gophers in the top 40. Are they right, or are they wrong? If they are right ....

I couldn't agree with you more Goldy :nod:

Ratings like Sagarin improve the deeper in the season you go. The first one is a crap shoot. By the end of the year, they will have it right. NDSU ranked somewhere around 50. UofM somewhere near 60 :D

Herd
08-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Goldy . . . the Sagarin's point out that NDSU is as strong as any of your non-Conf opponents.

Most/All gopher fans assume that FCS opponents are inferior, and that a loss to an FCS opponent would be a disgrace compared to non-conf FBS opponents on their schedule. The Sagarin's say NO, your FCS opponent could beat some and complete well with all your FBS non-conf opponents.

Not an opinion, just a fact Goldy. When the Bison play you closer than FL Atlantic, Bowling Green and Miami OH, you'll know why. Don't keep this little nugget in the dark! While some gopher fans would think it a disgrace to lose to any of these 4, I'm sure the Bison would top that list to most fans.

I think the Bison need to educate the average gopher fan on 10/20.