PDA

View Full Version : Possibly only one redshirt will be pulled

KC_Hats
08-23-2007, 02:16 AM
According to Jeff Kolpack in the Bison Media blog

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/ (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/)

The only redshirt that MAY be lifted (this isn't a certainty) is

linebacker Eddie Beson

onbison09
08-23-2007, 03:43 PM
looks like DJ is gonna redshirt. Sorry Lakes.

TheDoctor
08-25-2007, 05:29 AM
Can you wait a year Lakes??? ;)

lakesbison
08-27-2007, 09:13 PM
IT AINT OVER TIL THE FAT OL BALL COACH SINGS!!!

He's really beefing up on those Crocodile on a Stick things down in mississippi with Vicki Valencourt!!

Mr. Burgundy
08-27-2007, 11:03 PM
I wish someone with some insider info could let us know if DJ is unhappy about this or if he understands that most of the guys are going to be in school for 5 years andway, and this gives him the best opportunity to be a total stud in the future. Redshirting is a plus. I really hope this works out, his film is just too good.

TransAmBison
08-27-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm guessing the ol' ball coach is the one that is upset, not DJ.

KC_Hats
08-28-2007, 02:49 AM
My guess is the Ol' Ball Coach is having a tough time believing a Texas football player would have to sit behind a player from any other state, let alone North Dakota.

BISON Thunder
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
My guess is Ol Ball Coach is like every other father, and wants what he thinks is best for his child.

Greenie
08-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Ol Ball Coach is one of LakesBison's aliases

Flintstone
08-28-2007, 05:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

ol' ball coach
08-29-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm not the father, just the one that helped with the decision to come to NDSU.
I'M the coach. Look, I know that redshirting is not a bad thing; and DJ is not up set about it. For one thing coach Bohl has not said anything to DJ about redshirting him, so I guest that Kolpack knows more than DJ does. DJ is every coaches dream; not for what he does on the field, but for who he is. The kid is a true leader and what ever coach Bohl's ask him to do, he'll do it with a smile. If DJ does not get a chance to play this year; all I can say is, watch out this spring. PLAY-OFF BOUND 2008

HANG IN THERE LAKESBISON THE OL' FAT BALL COACH AINT singing just yet.

SDbison
08-29-2007, 02:10 AM
I'm not the father, just the one that helped with the decision to come to NDSU.
I'M the coach. Look, I know that redshirting is not a bad thing; and DJ is not up set about it. For one thing coach Bohl has not said anything to DJ about redshirting him, so I guest that Kolpack knows more than DJ does. DJ is every coaches dream; not for what he does on the field, but for who he is. The kid is a true leader and what ever coach Bohl's ask him to do, he'll do it with a smile. If DJ does not get a chance to play this year; all I can say is, watch out this spring. PLAY-OFF BOUND 2008

HANG IN THERE LAKESBISON THE OL' FAT BALL COACH AINT singing just yet.
ol'ball coach, thanks for your passion about Bison football! I really hope DJ gets to play as soon as possible. I have watched his high school videos many times and showed them to several people at work who follow Iowa and Nebraska football. They think he looks awesome. I am torn by this issue with DJ getting play time. For one thing I can't wait to see him play, but if there are others who somehow edge him out at this time I am very excited about the depth of Bison runningbacks. Wow, I can't wait for the first game. Hope to meet you in the tailgate area on the west side of the dome. Bisonguy, TransAmBison and several others are all in a big group just to your left and towards the back as you enter the west lot. come over, introduce yourself, and enjoy some of what we have on the grills. I will have plenty of cold beer to share. Oh yeah....and Go Bison!