PDA

View Full Version : Any Comments on Jeff Kolpacks post??

imabison
08-21-2007, 10:56 PM
I just read Kolpack's post on the area media.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

I do not go to volleyball games to much, but on occasion. I hope the Bison Ladies prove Kolpack wrong on this one.

roadwarrior
08-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Coach H was well aware of this situation when he took the job. Last year there were 5 seniors that graduated, and he knew the ranks were pretty thin when he took the job. The good thing is that this season isn't the first for Coach H. Hopefully the freshmen will step it up and help out this season.

sambini
08-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Coach H. will get it done.

KC_Hats
08-22-2007, 02:30 AM
He runs at great system that seems to be fairly easy to learn (they improved a ton in their first year in it last year). I think they improve on last years record.

Blue
08-22-2007, 04:03 AM
The comments look pretty close to accurate and in line with what I'm expecting and what other coaches have said about the Bison.

Greenie
08-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Fagnan (L), Johnson (S), and Stuewe (MH) return

Parrish (OH), Rogers (MH), and Quirk (OH) are big shoes to fill

A healthy Kelly Lopez and an emerging freshman or two are the key. It may take a few matches, but this team will be good by mid-September when Summit league starts.

cabis
08-22-2007, 05:30 PM
This is one of the key skillsets for a college coach; the ability to reload when seniors graduate. There will always be a transition time but the most succesfull coaches keep it as short as possible. I think thats the main reason that conference schedules are always at the end of the season. The way coach H turned things around his first season leads me to believe he can make the transition with this year's team as short and painless as possible.

BisonSig
08-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Having watched a few Bison matches the last few years, the biggest concern for this edition of Bison Volleyball will be health / depth. The really down year that led to the change in coaching was largely due to injuries. Last years team would have been even better with a healthy Kelly Lopez.

Secondly, the matches I watched the Bison play the most recent few years, there biggest problem was their poor passing. The pass is the most crucial part of a successful attack. If the pass is in the proper place the setter can pick any of the 4 players attackers. That means the opponents block can't cheat.

The last thing I noticed was they at times can be really inconsistent at their serves. Go for the big serve if you can hit it 75% of the time, if you can't do that, it's a point for the other team. Way to costly.

The key to Bison Volleyball, even if they aren't winning, they are damn fine looking in those shorts. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Good Luck ladies, we'll be cheering for you.

lakesbison
08-24-2007, 02:44 PM
PASSING = JENNIFER LOPEZ word is SHE & COACH want her to Set 4 years straight starting next year.

Kelly needs a big year, I'm growing impatient. I think a newcomer is going to surprise us as well... WHO IS # 9!!!! she was the best at Photo Day!! ha ha

tcbison
08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
The women should be playing in 30 minutes. I got the gametracker on.

SDbison
08-24-2007, 04:53 PM
The women should be playing in 30 minutes. I got the gametracker on.
Any updates tc?

tcbison
08-24-2007, 05:02 PM
I must be missing something because the gametracker doesn't show anything. I thought the game was on at 10:30 today...

Hammersmith
08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
I must be missing something because the gametracker doesn't show anything. I thought the game was on at 10:30 today...

The game against UTPA started at 9:30 CST(the host site is MST). Our ladies won 3-0. They will face Marist late this afternoon at 5:00 CST, Texas Southern tomorrow afternoon at 2:30, and UTEP at 7:30.

tcbison
08-24-2007, 06:06 PM
The gametracker never did work but the ladies won! Nice start to the season. Good job ladies!

KC_Hats
09-15-2007, 04:08 PM
He runs at great system that seems to be fairly easy to learn (they improved a ton in their first year in it last year). I think they improve on last years record.

Like I said Coach H runs a great system that must be easy to pick up. Bison are on their way to another winning season. Hopefully they can continue to play well and win the Summit League.

TheDoctor
09-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Like I said Coach H runs a great system that must be easy to pick up. Bison are on their way to another winning season. Hopefully they can continue to play well and win the Summit League.

One down after last night! ;)

silkamilkamonico
09-15-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure it's an easy to learn system so much as it is Coach H's and his staff's ability to teach it to them.

He's a great coach who's incredibly meticulous about putting the kids in an oppurtunity to make great plays on the ball and they do it. I don't think that's as much of a simple scheme as it is teaching the kids how to play within that scheme.

They are very disciplined, they play within themselves, and they did a great job just flat out beating IUPFW out of the middle.

And the amazing thing is they are doing it with a core of kids that are young and will only get better.