PDA

View Full Version : season tickets?

extremerouge
08-21-2007, 08:55 AM
why would you buy season tickets if you can buy single game tickets for the same amount per game?

Gully
08-21-2007, 11:26 AM
why would you buy season tickets if you can buy single game tickets for the same amount per game?

No standing in line at game time.
Ensure that you have a seat for all games.
To support the cause....I have three season tickets for this reason and even though I'm fat, but I can only sit in one of the seats.

tcbison
08-21-2007, 01:44 PM

Someday there might not be any single game tickets left. Plus you can give more money to Teamakers and help out Bison athletics.

SUfan23
08-21-2007, 01:46 PM
That's a fair question extremerouge, let me attempt to answer as best as an avid Bison supporter can.

(1) When you buy season tickets you are making an investment in the team. Obviously a football fan would feel better about watching an excellent team play then they would about watching a .500 team play. The financial resources provided to the athletic department, in the form of season tickets and Team Maker memberships, makes it possible for NDSU athletics to be successful. The University of Montana, for example, is perennial national championship contender and top #3 team. Why? Because they have a football season ticket base of 19,000 and sold out every ticket for the upcoming year on August 1st (the day individual game tickets went on sale). If NDSU is going to enjoy that type of success on a regular basis we need to increase our season ticket sales!

(2) If NDSU football keeps having the type of success they've enjoyed in recent years, it's going to be difficult to get a good seat in the Fargodome without being a season ticket holder. With membership in the Gateway Football Conference next year (2008) teams like Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, Youngstown State, and Illinois State will be regular visitors to the Fargodome. We're talking the best football conference in the NCAA FCS.

(3) By joining Team Makers, which can be done for as little as $10/month, you get priority seating for games. Also, when playoff time rolls around starting in the 2008 season, you get first chance at playoff tickets.

(4) Season tickets are tax deductible. It may not be a whole lot, but hey, anytime Uncle Sam gives you a break it's a good thing.

Tatanka
08-21-2007, 01:55 PM
That's a fair question extremerouge, let me attempt to answer as best as an avid Bison supporter can.

(1) When you buy season tickets you are making an investment in the team. Obviously a football fan would feel better about watching an excellent team play then they would about watching a .500 team play. The financial resources provided to the athletic department, in the form of season tickets and Team Maker memberships, makes it possible for NDSU athletics to be successful. The University of Montana, for example, is perennial national championship contender and top #3 team. Why? Because they have a football season ticket base of 19,000 and sold out every ticket for the upcoming year on August 1st (the day individual game tickets went on sale). If NDSU is going to enjoy that type of success on a regular basis we need to increase our season ticket sales!

(2) If NDSU football keeps having the type of success they've enjoyed in recent years, it's going to be difficult to get a good seat in the Fargodome without being a season ticket holder. With membership in the Gateway Football Conference next year (2008) teams like Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, Youngstown State, and Illinois State will be regular visitors to the Fargodome. We're talking the best football conference in the NCAA FCS.

(3) By joining Team Makers, which can be done for as little as $10/month, you get priority seating for games. Also, when playoff time rolls around starting in the 2008 season, you get first chance at playoff tickets.

(4) Season tickets are tax deductible. It may not be a whole lot, but hey, anytime Uncle Sam gives you a break it's a good thing.
Agree with your post, but are you sure about #4? ;)

lakesbison
08-21-2007, 01:56 PM
the TEAMMAKERS portion of it. I.e $500 of mine will be tax deductible

Tatanka
08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Actually, IIRC, 80% of the teammakers portion is tax-deductible if you take advantage of priority ticketing, 100% if you don't...

SUfan23
08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Isn't the actual ticket portion tax deductible as well? Correct me if I'm wrong (which is very possible) but if you use the tickets you can write off 80 % of that expense...and if you don't use the tickets (who wouldn't?) they can be written off 100%.

The point is...Joe Mays keeps a list, not unlike the one Santa keeps, of who's naughty (doesn't buy season tickets) and who's nice (season ticket holder). He's made his list and rumor has it he's currently checking it twice! :hide: :hide: I wouldn't want to be the one who has been found to be naughty by Mr. Mays. He'll be in town with the rest of his sleigh on September 8! :pan:

roadwarrior
08-21-2007, 04:35 PM
0% of the cost of the tickets can be deducted. You are not making a donation in the case of buying tickets, you are buying entertainment.

The reason that only 80% of the Teammaker dues is deductible is because the amount given is used to determine where your seats are located.

TheDoctor
08-21-2007, 04:39 PM
To support the cause....I have three season tickets for this reason and even though I'm fat, but I can only sit in one of the seats.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TheDoctor
08-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Isn't the actual ticket portion tax deductible as well? Correct me if I'm wrong (which is very possible) but if you use the tickets you can write off 80 % of that expense...and if you don't use the tickets (who wouldn't?) they can be written off 100%.

The point is...Joe Mays keeps a list, not unlike the one Santa keeps, of who's naughty (doesn't buy season tickets) and who's nice (season ticket holder). He's made his list and rumor has it he's currently checking it twice! :hide: :hide: I wouldn't want to be the one who has been found to be naughty by Mr. Mays. He'll be in town with the rest of his sleigh on September 8! :pan:

Please don't make him open fire! ;)

TheBisonator
08-21-2007, 05:15 PM
I have to point out one error: If you buy non-Team Maker season tickets ($70 endzone, $95 GA sildeline), you're paying less per game than if you bought them individually. I think it's a few dollars less, if I'm not mistaken. My suggestion to someone like the original poster would be that if you're reluctant to support Team Makers with a 50-yard line ticket, then buy one of the 70 or 95 dollar season tickets in the endzone or GA sideline that don't include a Team Makers donation. That way, you're saving money, you're supporting Bison athletics, and you don't have to dole out mucho cash on an annual basis for Team Makers. And it's good to support Team Makers anyway. It's just $100 a year to start. It's a damn good deal. You get good season tix and a lot of other goodies in the package (I don't exactly know what they are).

But like I said, if you're reluctant to join Team Makers, you still have options!:)

Bisonguy
08-21-2007, 07:49 PM

You also have the benefit of having the same seats for every game. If you buy single game seats, you could be in the front row one game, and then in row EE the next.

sambini
08-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Just signed up the Nestor for TEAMMAKERS AND TWO TICKETS TODAY.

Bison bison
08-21-2007, 08:18 PM
great work!

BisBison
08-22-2007, 01:54 AM
great work!

Hard to pay off that much debt delivering pizzas:rofl: :rofl: Seriously, though I think this has a lot to do with their overpriced aviation school.

BisonSig
08-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Just signed up the Nestor for TEAMMAKERS AND TWO TICKETS TODAY.

Good, Doug needs to do something with that money he's making. :nod::nod::nod:

Now if we could just get him to come out tailgating. He can brag about his fantastic basketball playing abilities, especially his jump shot.

bisonaudit
08-22-2007, 03:42 PM
The ticket price isn't going to be a deductible donation for tax purposes nor is the 20% paid to teammakers for priority seating, as discussed earlier.

However, there may be some circumstances where the tickets could be construed as a ligitimate business expense and a portion (50% for meals and entertainment) would be used to offset revenues on the business' return. Please consult a tax professional for further details.

I'd think the primary reason for purchasing season tickets is location, location, location.