PDA

View Full Version : NDSU--Gopher game

56BISON73
08-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Is anybody going to go to the NDSU Alumni party after the game???? How about the pregame party????
I got an email about these events and didnt know if any here will attend them or not.
If nobody here is going to it what is everyone going to do before and after the game? PL

TransAmBison
08-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Is anybody going to go to the NDSU Alumni party after the game???? How about the pregame party????
I got an email about these events and didnt know if any here will attend them or not.
If nobody here is going to it what is everyone going to do before and after the game? PL
Our crew will be tailgating. Where that will be will be decided by a steel-cage match between Lakes and the #1 contender. The #1 contender will be decided by whomever gives me the most "rep" points! :D

roadwarrior
08-21-2007, 12:29 PM
The pre-game alumni party last year was overflowing, so they moved it to a new much larger location, although a little farther from the dome. You definitely will not be alone if you attend this year.

Last year, I was at Hubert's bar before the game from the minute they opened, and the place was packed with Bison fans. Only about 10-20% of the crowd were gopher fans.

aces1180
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
The pre-game alumni party last year was overflowing, so they moved it to a new much larger location, although a little farther from the dome. You definitely will not be alone if you attend this year.

Last year, I was at Hubert's bar before the game from the minute they opened, and the place was packed with Bison fans. Only about 10-20% of the crowd were gopher fans.

And those Gopher fans had nothing but good things to say about the Bison and nothing but bad things to say about Mason. At least the folks I talked to.

lakesbison
08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Washington & Chicago On Top Of The Hill By Trees!!

Last Year Was A Riot!!! Lets Actually Win This Time And Riot!!

bisonmike2
08-21-2007, 03:51 PM
they moved it to the Depot if I remember correctly. Great place, I've stayed there many times. Still w/in walking distance of the dome and a great place to stay if you have kids b/c of the indoor waterpark.

TAILG8R
08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Exactly how far away are they moving the pregame party? I thought part of the overwhelming excitement last year was being in a crowd of fellow Bison fans right in front of the Dome overshadowing any Gophers fans near. I also felt pride in knowing that the Gopher fans couldn't help but notice the excitement we have for our school.

NDSUguy
08-21-2007, 08:21 PM
They moved it to an indoor facility about 6 blocks from the dome off of Washington Ave. There will be less buzz this year because all of the NDSU fans will be a considerable distance from the dome.

roadwarrior
08-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Just because the alumni association event is at a certain location, does not mean that all Bison fans will be there. There is no way that the number of Bison fans that were at the game last year would fit into the depot location either, so the streets around the dome will be filled with fans in green once again! It was awesome to watch the Gold Star Band playing on Kirby Puckett Place while I was walking into the dome last year!

NDSUguy
08-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Just because the alumni association event is at a certain location, does not mean that all Bison fans will be there. There is no way that the number of Bison fans that were at the game last year would fit into the depot location either, so the streets around the dome will be filled with fans in green once again! It was awesome to watch the Gold Star Band playing on Kirby Puckett Place while I was walking into the dome last year!

You are right... The depot can not hold 18k-20k fans. The location however CAN hold around 2k-3k people. There will be people all over downtown but the "buzz" will NOT be the same when there is a significant percentage of fans that are not by the dome.

bisonaudit
08-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I think there may be a bit of a buzz if/when the people at the depot depart for the dome, lead by the gold star band and close Washington Ave to traffic on their way into the dome for the game.

bisonmike2
08-22-2007, 04:00 PM
You are right... The depot can not hold 18k-20k fans. The location however CAN hold around 2k-3k people. There will be people all over downtown but the "buzz" will NOT be the same when there is a significant percentage of fans that are not by the dome.

Or can it? That sounds like a challenge!

bisonmike2
08-28-2007, 03:02 PM
And those Gopher fans had nothing but good things to say about the Bison and nothing but bad things to say about Mason. At least the folks I talked to.

I think we will see a much different Gopher fan this year. I'm expecting them to not be as accomadating as last year. 1. Mason's gone. He was the scapegoat for everything. Team played like crap, Mason's fault. Somebody fumbled the ball, Mason's fault. Vikings fail to make the playoffs, Mason's fault. I'm telling you, if he was still at the U, he would have been blamed for the bridge collapse. Gopher fans almost expected him to lose a game like the NDSU game. 2. Brewster. I swear some gopher fans think that Brewster is a football jesus that will take them to the rose bowl in 1 year. This guys has never been a college head football coach, but whatever he put in the kool-aid all the U fans are drinking it. They will be arrogant, loud and will blow off last years game as a fluke (see #1). 3. Bison confidence. You don't go 10-1 and not have it put a little swing in your step. This will annoy the Gopher fans even more when they are constantly reminded how they were outplayed in every aspect but still ecked out a win (see #1).

TheDoctor
09-06-2007, 06:39 AM
It's the one game the fans can get excited that should be close game. They should be jacked! ;)