PDA

View Full Version : Bison Illustrated

SUfan23
08-20-2007, 07:21 PM
What a way to start the week! Stopped by the BSA today (had to buy more tickets for the Stephen F. game) and saw copies of Bison Illustrated sitting in the lobby. This type of publication will be of tremendous benefit to NDSU as we begin to compete full-time at the Division 1 level. The illustrated features a glossy cover with Joe Mays and Steve Walker on the cover. Inside the magazine are articles previewing all fall sports, an interview with Mays and Walker, tailgating features, a one-on-one with Nicole Phillips (men's bb coach Saul Phillip's wife), and a where are they now article featuring Jeff Bentrim. The Bentrim article brought tears to this old Bison fan's eyes. What a great way to tell the story of Bison athletics. :)
Also featured is what I'm assuming will be a monthly letter from Gene Taylor.

Go Bison!

tcbison
08-20-2007, 07:24 PM
What a way to start the week! Stopped by the BSA today (had to buy more tickets for the Stephen F. game) and saw copies of Bison Illustrated sitting in the lobby. This type of publication will be of tremendous benefit to NDSU as we begin to compete full-time at the Division 1 level. The illustrated features a glossy cover with Joe Mays and Steve Walker on the cover. Inside the magazine are articles previewing all fall sports, an interview with Mays and Walker, tailgating features, a one-on-one with Nicole Phillips (men's bb coach Saul Phillip's wife), and a where are they now article featuring Jeff Bentrim. The Bentrim article brought tears to this old Bison fan's eyes. What a great way to tell the story of Bison athletics. :)

Go Bison!

Thanks for the update! I will be checking my mail. I was thinking NDSU should look at sending this out to alumni as a sample and maybe some people would buy it. Just an idea.

TheDoctor
08-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the update! I will be checking my mail. I was thinking NDSU should look at sending this out to alumni as a sample and maybe some people would buy it. Just an idea.

I was right! I had Walker #1 and Mays #2. They BOTH made it! ;)

onbison09
08-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks. Can't wait to get the issue!! Good to see all of the sports get covered. How long is it??

SDbison
08-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I was right! I had Walker #1 and Mays #2. They BOTH made it! ;)
Good call B1SON! I will buy you a beer, make that two beers, at the first tailgate.

Bisonguy
08-20-2007, 10:26 PM
I just had two issues hand delivered to my house from the editor. :D

Wow, this is a great product from Bison Illustrated. Truly something that a DI institution like NDSU needs for promotion.

SDbison
08-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Can't wait to get my copy of Bison Illustrated. With snail mail will have to probebly wait until at least Wednesday. :ranting: :( You local so and so's get to see the product days before me. :banghead: Anyone want to give a couple details on what was said about tailgating or what Gene had to say? Maybe a couple quotes from the player interviews? I am sure that should be OK as long as we credit Bison Illustrated :nod: Please, don't make me beg...........:praying:

NDSUFREAK
08-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Teammakers get it, verdad?

Bisonguy
08-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Teammakers get it, verdad?

Yes they do, verson.

bisonmike2
08-22-2007, 09:03 PM
has anyone outside of the F/M metro recieved theirs in the mail yet? I feel like the little kid from A Christmas Story waiting for his little orphan annie secret decoder ring to come in the mail.

TheDoctor
08-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Good call B1SON! I will buy you a beer, make that two beers, at the first tailgate.

I'll hold you to that! ;)

TransAmBison
08-22-2007, 09:05 PM
has anyone outside of the F/M metro recieved theirs in the mail yet? I feel like the little kid from A Christmas Story waiting for his little orphan annie secret decoder ring to come in the mail.
Haven't gotten mine yet. :(

TheDoctor
08-22-2007, 09:06 PM

:D D-R-I-N-K-M-O-R-E-O-V-E-L-T-I-N-E :D ;)

bisonmike2
08-22-2007, 09:07 PM
:D D-R-I-N-K-M-O-R-E-O-V-E-L-T-I-N-E :D ;)

If it will get my bisonillustrated here earlier I will!

Bisonguy
08-22-2007, 09:08 PM

I just received mine in the mail today, and I live in Fargo.

SDbison
08-22-2007, 09:15 PM
I have not received mine yet and I only live 240 miles south of Fargo.

87Bisonfan
08-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Haven't received mine yet either. Mail time to/from Fargo is typically two days for me. Hopefully tomorrow.

SDbison
08-22-2007, 09:28 PM
I'll hold you to that! ;)
No problem, I will follow through on my promise. I will even ask you if you have a preference of any kind of beer within reason.

99Bison
08-22-2007, 09:41 PM
As Bisonguy stated it appears that most fargoans received theirs today, so hopefully the out of area will be quickly next. Let us know when you get them as it should be interesting to compare as to what the mailing dept has provided as guidelines.

CaBisonFan
08-22-2007, 10:04 PM

Go Bison!

How much is a subscription? Is it sent out by mail? Thanks.

bisongirl
08-22-2007, 11:02 PM
How much is a subscription? Is it sent out by mail? Thanks.

All Team Makers automatically receive a subscription with their membership. If you're not a Team Maker than a 1 yr. subscription via standard mail is $19.95 and via first class mail is $39.95.

BisBison
08-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Still no BISON Illustrated :( :( :(

RedRiver
08-23-2007, 12:21 AM
I live in Fargo and just got mine today in the mail. What an awesome publication!! My copy is on the conference table at work, for everyone to see.

Bison
08-23-2007, 12:32 AM
They both look like models in this magazine

lakesbison
08-23-2007, 01:16 AM
sitting at the bar at ZORBAZ in BRAINERD (cross lake) and OH YEAH, I see a STACK of Bison Illustrated and everyone was grabbing one on their way by!!

HELLZ YA!

bisongirl
08-23-2007, 02:10 AM
sitting at the bar at ZORBAZ in BRAINERD (cross lake) and OH YEAH, I see a STACK of Bison Illustrated and everyone was grabbing one on their way by!!

HELLZ YA!

Thanks for the update Lakes. We knew you'd be at Zorbaz eventually and would let us know how fast they were going. They weren't even at Pelican 5 minutes on Sunday and someone had already grabbed one!

4mcruenomore
08-23-2007, 02:25 AM
Went to Scheels in bismarck, no luck. Anybody in bismarck get one yet?

TransAmBison
08-23-2007, 02:30 AM
The magazine is awesome! Well done! I am very impressed!

Scooter1
08-23-2007, 02:35 AM

"Drink more Ovalteen??!? Son of a ....."

aces1180
08-23-2007, 03:38 AM
I got mine at Zorbaz in DL on Monday after work...I'm already looking forward to the next issue (for personal reasons ;))

bisonmike2
08-23-2007, 04:06 AM
my bison illustrated might not have come yet but at least the first of Chris Kelly's "The Bottom Line" is out.

sambini
08-23-2007, 04:14 AM
I loved it +++++++++++++++++++++

87Bisonfan
08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Received mine in the mail today. Great articles! Love it. Can't wait until the next issue!

Bison bison
08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Got mine yesterday.

I could not be more impressed.

A thoroughly professional publication focusing on a subject I cannot get enough of!

It is going right next to my Utne Reader and Highlights magazines next to my La-Z-Boy.

(notice to the publishers, I will be sending you a photo of an 18-month-old snorting in a bison jersey, if you don't print it in a subsequent edition, my opinion might change......)

onbison09
08-23-2007, 08:37 PM
When do you think they would get to Texas??

Gully
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Man, this sounds great, I can't wait to read mine. Maybe I'll calm down and get over the Johnny Holmes things a bit.

Bison bison
08-23-2007, 09:12 PM
When do you think they would get to Texas??

Don't know.

If you live out of state and follow NDSU or the Bison, this magazine is a must.

onbison09
08-23-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm becoming impatient.

Swany
08-23-2007, 10:03 PM
I am hoping mine arrives in Omaha today. I've been anxiously awaiting its arrival all week. Glad to hear everyone loves it. On top of that, how great was the news that NDSU passed UND in enrollment this week?!! As I like to say, Damn it feels good to be a Bison.

BisBison
08-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Got mine today WOOHOO.:D :D :D :cheers: :cheers: What a great publication.

SDbison
08-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Got mine today WOOHOO.:D :D :D :cheers: :cheers: What a great publication.
:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: Guess what, I didn't get my copy today! Would be faster to have my stepdaughter pick one up at NDSU and send it to me. Gee, this is Thursday and they mailed them last weekend? Teammakers are not worth anything better than bulk 3rd class rate? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

tcbison
08-24-2007, 12:35 AM
:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: Guess what, I didn't get my copy today! Would be faster to have my stepdaughter pick one up at NDSU and send it to me. Gee, this is Thursday and they mailed them last weekend? Teammakers are not worth anything better than bulk 3rd class rate? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I didn't get mine yet either. :banghead: Very surprising that is hasn't come yet. My parents can send me something from western ND and I get it in 2, 3 day at the most in the Twin Cities. :smh: I am tempted to drive to St. Cloud and pick up a copy.

99Bison
08-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Went to Scheels in bismarck, no luck. Anybody in bismarck get one yet?

Hmmm...
This was sent to Scheels in Bismarck Saturday via UPS. It should have gotten there by Tuesday at the latest (all the bulk locations in fact).

They even got to central MN via UPS at least by Wednesday...

Gully
08-24-2007, 01:38 AM
I live in the twin cities and mail from ND seems to take forever...mine hasn't arrived yet either.

eddie
08-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Considering what newsletter TM members used to get, compared to this one, and the cost to ship the BI (Bison Illustrated) any other way. I think I can wait a few extra days.

sambini
08-24-2007, 01:51 AM
SDBISON I live in south Fargo. We got ours yesterday. My brother in DesMoines got his today. We love it. Also met the publisher at a Teammaker outing tonite. Everyone at the Teammaker function Give it a +++++++++++++++++

Flintstone
08-24-2007, 02:38 AM
I live in Horace and got mine today.

onbison09
08-24-2007, 03:03 AM
I live in Plano and haven't gotten mine yet. Are they having actual snails carry it.

99Bison
08-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Yes that was part of the deal, additionally only snails with 1 millimeter legs or shorter were able to tryout for the carrying team. :D

Really though it has been interestingly sporatic even locally so we'll see. I think the post office "suggested probable" timeframe to the further most areas from Fargo in the US was 3-4 days.

(Note USPS doesn't guarantee hardly any times)

4mcruenomore
08-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Picked it up today at Scheels, finally. Awesome to say the least, can't believe how cool it is. The article on Bentrim was great, the last bit about the old field drew a tear. Excellent!!

onbison09
08-24-2007, 03:21 AM
Just kidding about the snails.

99Bison
08-24-2007, 03:37 AM
Yes that was part of the deal, additionally only snails with 1 millimeter legs or shorter were able to tryout for the carrying team.

So was this :-)

THEsocalledfan
08-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Got my copy finally in the mail yesterday and I am in Duluth, MN. I would think the Twin Cities folks should have it. I am tired this morning as I read too late last night. I couldn't keep my hands off of it. These bozos on the sports here never talk about the Bison and I am getting darn sick of that. It is the second closest D1 school and never a mention. If I could, I would have a Bison crap on their heads. I know some of the folks on the news here went to the school that must not be named....

Thank goodness for this or I would go insane. Or am I already?

SDbison
08-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Got my copy finally in the mail yesterday and I am in Duluth, MN. I would think the Twin Cities folks should have it. I am tired this morning as I read too late last night. I couldn't keep my hands off of it. These bozos on the sports here never talk about the Bison and I am getting darn sick of that. It is the second closest D1 school and never a mention. If I could, I would have a Bison crap on their heads. I know some of the folks on the news here went to the school that must not be named....

Thank goodness for this or I would go insane. Or am I already?

Hopefully I will get my Bison Illustrated copy today as this is getting ridiculous. I want to be enjoying the articles too. How long does it take the frickin USPS to move a magazine 200 miles?

TransAmBison
08-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Hopefully I will get my Bison Illustrated copy today as this is getting ridiculous. I want to be enjoying the articles too. How long does it take the frickin USPS to move a magazine 200 miles?
Insert punchline here_________________________

tony
08-24-2007, 04:58 PM

Not to make you go completely crazy, but I got mine today.

:hide:

56BISON73
08-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Got mine also. PL

bisonmike2
08-24-2007, 07:32 PM
in the cities here and still haven't gotten mine yet.

Gully
08-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Just checked my mail....still no BI!!!! How long can it possibly take?

tcbison
08-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Just checked my mail....still no BI!!!! How long can it possibly take?

Gully at this point I am thinking about driving up to Scheel's in St. Cloud and grabbing one there. However, it would just be my luck that they don't have any either.

onbison09
08-25-2007, 12:46 AM
BI is great. I live in Plano (metroplex) and got mine. Great articles, great "where are they now" feature. Way to go BI.

SDbison
08-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Whoopppeeeeeeeeeeee! I got my copy today. I am starting to read it right now. Nice to be on the other side.

99Bison
08-25-2007, 01:06 AM
BI is great. I live in Plano (metroplex) and got mine. Great articles, great "where are they now" feature. Way to go BI.

Thanks onbison09 and everyone else for the comments!

SlickVic
08-25-2007, 09:00 AM
yeah that magazine is looking pretty slick def gonna fill out some subscriptions for a few bison haters i know hahaha but did anybody ever see that open magazine that did the article on miles? it was real sweet had like his little coaching list from 6th grade i just bursted out laughing miles had made this list of things they needed to do to win and its so funny here it is it was such a good article for a free magazine but anyways heres miles coaching list from his 6th grade team the super jocks

1. double team
2. team work
3. throw the ball to timmy and karl
4. get a big lead and keep on scoring if you can
5. get the rebound
6. get opened
7. dont always shoot if there's someone else open

i mean if tim miles is not just the man i dont know who is i honestly dont...bohls pretty slick tho if you look at that pic on the magazine that belt he is wearing is raw wonder where you can get those at i def want one bohl is the defination of slick

Tatanka
08-25-2007, 12:36 PM
yeah that magazine is looking pretty slick def gonna fill out some subscriptions for a few bison haters i know hahaha but did anybody ever see that open magazine that did the article on miles? it was real sweet had like his little coaching list from 6th grade i just bursted out laughing miles had made this list of things they needed to do to win and its so funny here it is it was such a good article for a free magazine but anyways heres miles coaching list from his 6th grade team the super jocks

1. double team
2. team work
3. throw the ball to timmy and karl
4. get a big lead and keep on scoring if you can
5. get the rebound
6. get opened
7. dont always shoot if there's someone else open

i mean if tim miles is not just the man i dont know who is i honestly dont...bohls pretty slick tho if you look at that pic on the magazine that belt he is wearing is raw wonder where you can get those at i def want one bohl is the defination of slick
Damn, dude. I think I agree with what you're saying but to be honest I can't be sure. What I do know is that I'm nearly cross-eyed after your posts! :eek: :p

99Bison
08-27-2007, 04:07 PM
All please let us know if you find any of the distribution locations have run out. We have had to refill a few already - a couple after just 1 day.

stpaulbison
08-27-2007, 04:25 PM
where are some of the locations they put it?

99Bison
08-27-2007, 04:33 PM
To name a few: Stop N Go, Scheels, Bw3, Gate City Bank, State Bank & Trust...

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/locations.shtml

stpaulbison
08-27-2007, 04:59 PM
thanks for the help

Bisonfan1
08-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Recieved my issues last week in Jamestown. Got the old "road trip grill" featured in the tailgating article. My chicken drummies and SDBISON'S chicken and beef on the sticks were on the menu that day. BISONGUY can only dream of having his ribs pictured in Bison Illustrated . "maybe if he was in section 21?" ---

tony
08-27-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't think I've commented on Bison Illustrated yet...

FANTASTIC!

I love every single thing about it. My hat is off to everybody involved!

Bisonguy
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Recieved my issues last week in Jamestown. Got the old "road trip grill" featured in the tailgating article. My chicken drummies and SDBISON'S chicken and beef on the sticks were on the menu that day. BISONGUY can only dream of having his ribs pictured in Bison Illustrated . "maybe if he was in section 21?" ---

The ribs were already gone at that time. :nod: :p

tcbison
08-28-2007, 12:50 AM
I got my copy today in the mail. Very nicely done. Good work to all involved.

Tatanka
08-28-2007, 01:28 AM
Picked one up at teh Scheels. Very well done, and a good read!

Gully
08-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Finally received my copy. EXCELLENT JOB! They've set the bar high, I wonder how they're going to come up with that much good stuff each month? I'm looking forward to the next copy.

Are they a for profit organization?

KC Bison
08-28-2007, 01:50 PM
The Bison Illustrated finally made it to Kansas City. Well worth the wait. IT'S GREAT!!

Swany
08-28-2007, 02:35 PM
I think you will all enjoy the second issue as much as the first. From a writers standpoint, without giving too much away, the stories I worked on for the September edition were not only exciting to write but focus on issues and players near and dear to Bison fans. I cannot wait for the September issue to hit the shelves. The Where Are They Now will take many old and new Bison fans back to the days of ... opps, don't want to give too much away ...

Can't wait to Tailgate!!! Only 11 days, 3 hours, and 25 minutes until the tailgate lots open according to the countdown set on my notebook.

aces1180
08-28-2007, 03:00 PM
I think you will all enjoy the second issue as much as the first. From a writers standpoint, without giving too much away, the stories I worked on for the September edition were not only exciting to write but focus on issues and players near and dear to Bison fans. I cannot wait for the September issue to hit the shelves. The Where Are They Now will take many old and new Bison fans back to the days of ... opps, don't want to give too much away ...

Can't wait to Tailgate!!! Only 11 days, 3 hours, and 25 minutes until the tailgate lots open according to the countdown set on my notebook.

I agree...The story that I produced was fun to write and hopefully Bison fans get a glimpse into something few have seen.

99Bison
08-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Finally received my copy. EXCELLENT JOB! They've set the bar high, I wonder how they're going to come up with that much good stuff each month? I'm looking forward to the next copy.

Are they a for profit organization?

Yean, however not much profit to be had here, just hope to be able to pay ourselves something for doing it in the future.

Yo
08-28-2007, 11:44 PM

Just one question. Do Dave & Denise know what you're doing? I thought you were suppose to be studying. See you at tailgating.;) ;) ;)

imabison
08-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Just one question. Do Dave & Denise know what you're doing? I thought you were suppose to be studying. See you at tailgating.;) ;) ;)
Hey Yo! What is this about a chair for me? Yah gotta love it!!!!!

99Bison
08-29-2007, 04:01 AM
Need some letters to editor for the next issue!

The first one was great, anyone else care to join the party?

Swany
08-29-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm always studying :D But during my scant few minute breaks during the day I try to keep busy, you know, idle hands and all. I can't wait to Tailgate!!

SDbison
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Need some letters to editor for the next issue!

The first one was great, anyone else care to join the party?

Are you open to most any topic? How about an opinion on how dome security needs to lighten up on harassment of fans that want to be, well, real fans. Standing up and yelling for your team (PC correct stuff only) should be OK. We need a dome full of involved fans. Hopefully someday when the dome sells out consistently the "want to be entertained" crowd will thin out and become a real small minority.

99Bison
08-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Are you open to most any topic? How about an opinion on how dome security needs to lighten up on harassment of fans that want to be, well, real fans. Standing up and yelling for your team (PC correct stuff only) should be OK. We need a dome full of involved fans. Hopefully someday when the dome sells out consistently the "want to be entertained" crowd will thin out and become a real small minority.

Yes we are open to most any topic. Of course in order to be printed it should be voiced professionaly... Your concept sounds good :-)

imported_Bisongold
08-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I was totally impressed with the magazine!! Great job. Very classy job!

99Bison
08-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I was totally impressed with the magazine!! Great job. Very classy job!

Thanks and I'll pass this along!

mn-bison
08-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Is the first issue still available in Fargo? I will be traveling through town this weekend and would like to pick up a copy.

Tatanka
08-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Scheels on 45th had quite a few left as of Monday.

99Bison
08-30-2007, 12:53 AM
We should have some available at tailgating for the first game also.

bisongirl
08-30-2007, 12:55 AM
I was in Scheels today and they still had a couple of stacks.

scottheck
08-30-2007, 01:42 AM
I received my box of door prizes for next weeks game today. An extra surprise in the box was not 1, not 10, but a stack of 40 or 50 Bison Illustrateds. What an excellent publication!
The Bentrim article put a lump in my throat as the memories came washing over me like golden waves of grain.
Haven't gotten to all the articles yet but good writing by all. Well done Swany!!
I'm filling out the subscription right now.

tcbison
08-30-2007, 02:09 AM
I received my box of door prizes for next weeks game today. An extra surprise in the box was not 1, not 10, but a stack of 40 or 50 Bison Illustrateds. What an excellent publication!
The Bentrim article put a lump in my throat as the memories came washing over me like golden waves of grain.
Haven't gotten to all the articles yet but good writing by all. Well done Swany!!
I'm filling out the subscription right now.

That is great to hear. I see you are hosting one of the satellite parties. Good deal!

heymch86
09-13-2007, 03:22 AM
When's the next issue?

TheDoctor
09-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Tomorrow I believe or maybe Friday. ;)

99Bison
09-13-2007, 04:21 AM
Anxious are we :D, it'll be out early next week sometime.

99Bison
09-13-2007, 04:22 AM
The site is up and being started ic, looks good.
http://www.bisongamedaymemorabilia.com/

TheDoctor
09-13-2007, 05:13 AM
Yes the site is up but will get a MAJOR face lift in the next few days. Ok-Ok, next week with the BI. We squeezed out of one of your boys last week at your booth when you were not there who was on the cover. I promise I won't tell. ;)

I will PM you just to prove I know :D.

Bisonguy
10-13-2007, 01:30 AM
I know who is on the cover of the October issue, and a certain somebody who also has a feature in this issue. :D :D :D

bisongirl
10-13-2007, 02:10 AM
I know who is on the cover of the October issue, and a certain somebody who also has a feature in this issue. :D :D :D

If Everyone else would like to know what Bisonguy knows, I'll let you in on a little secret...Scheels on 45th and Buffalo Wild Wings North got their copies late today!!!

TheDoctor
10-13-2007, 04:13 AM
If Everyone else would like to know what Bisonguy knows, I'll let you in on a little secret...Scheels on 45th and Buffalo Wild Wings North got their copies late today!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I am in Pittsburgh for work until Sunday! ;)

TheDoctor
10-13-2007, 04:16 AM

Come on BG, cough it up who is on the cover? ;)

56BISON73
10-13-2007, 04:27 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I am in Pittsburgh for work until Sunday! ;)

I thought you were a teacher at SU??? PL

TheDoctor
10-13-2007, 05:13 AM
Were D1 now, so we all have to travel across the US doing presentations and getting published, as well as teaching. I left for a Physical Education Teacher Education conference in Pittsburgh on Thursday and I'll get home Sunday. ;)

SUfan23
10-13-2007, 03:36 PM
John "The Magic Man" Majeski is on the cover.
Where are they now features former SU volleyball stud Janet Cobbs
A lot of Minnesota articles

This is a great publication!

56BISON73
10-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Were D1 now, so we all have to travel across the US doing presentations and getting published, as well as teaching. I left for a Physical Education Teacher Education conference in Pittsburgh on Thursday and I'll get home Sunday. ;)

Cool!!! PL

TheDoctor
10-13-2007, 10:05 PM
John "The Magic Man" Majeski is on the cover.
Where are they now features former SU volleyball stud Janet Cobbs
A lot of Minnesota articles

This is a great publication!

What if any pictures are used in the article about me? ;)

Bisonguy
10-13-2007, 10:19 PM
What if any pictures are used in the article about me? ;)
There's a couple photos of your mug in there. ;)

TheDoctor
10-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Big thumbs up on the newest issue of BI. This issue was the best yet (not being biased:D). Dave's editorial at the beginning hit home for me, the Goofer game, the homestretch for Volleyball and Soccer and of course a "can the Men's bball team pull off another big upset?". Thanks as well for the 2 page spread, hopefully it generates some traffic on the website as well. Great job Dave, Jamie and all the BI staff. Keep up the hard work. We all appreciate it. ;)

aces1180
10-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Big thumbs up on the newest issue of BI. This issue was the best yet (not being biased:D). Dave's editorial at the beginning hit home for me, the Goofer game, the homestretch for Volleyball and Soccer and of course a "can the Men's bball team pull off another big upset?". Thanks as well for the 2 page spread, hopefully it generates some traffic on the website as well. Great job Dave, Jamie and all the BI staff. Keep up the hard work. We all appreciate it. ;)

Glad you like the magazine!

Thanks for the kudos.

TheDoctor
10-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Glad you like the magazine!

Thanks for the kudos.

No problem and more specifically to you and Bison Guy, great articles, layout and photos on my feature. ;)

onbison09
10-15-2007, 11:38 PM
When did they mail out?

Moonstar
10-16-2007, 12:31 AM
I keep seeing pictures of an issue with Coach Bohl on the cover. I have picked up 3 of these magazines...Volume I issues 1, 2, and 3. None of these have Coach Bohl on the cover. Did I miss an inaugural issue or something? I enjoy the magazine and have now subscribed to it so as not to miss any issues.

roadwarrior
10-16-2007, 12:33 AM
I keep seeing pictures of an issue with Coach Bohl on the cover.

That picture was just a mockup prior to the first issue.

Bisonguy
10-16-2007, 12:34 AM
I keep seeing pictures of an issue with Coach Bohl on the cover. I have picked up 3 of these magazines...Volume I issues 1, 2, and 3. None of these have Coach Bohl on the cover. Did I miss an inaugural issue or something? I enjoy the magazine and have now subscribed to it so as not to miss any issues.
You didn't miss an issue.

Covers so far are the mockup (collector's edition :D ), Mays/Walker, Drago, and Majeski.

bisongirl
10-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Ok, for a little more clarification; The picture of the magazine with Bohl on it was just a graphic that was used for marketing materials.

So, there are just the 3 issues.

TheDoctor
10-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for dropping off a pile of copies for me bisongirl....I already auto'd a couple for you, I've been carrying a Sharpie on me lately :rofl:. ;)

99Bison
10-18-2007, 06:58 AM
When did they mail out?

Monday and Tuesday.

THEsocalledfan
01-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Recycling old thread. Just wanted to post RSS feed for the podcasts:

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:267201299/sounds.rss

Not sure why Soundcloud tries to "hide" the RSS feeds. Great tool to find them is: http://getrssfeed.com/

Works for itunes, too.