PDA

View Full Version : Montana guarantees

Herd
08-19-2007, 06:00 PM
A Montana poster on AGS defends their weak OOC schedule by saying, There are no FCS teams that will pay Montana the > $450,000 guarantee that they would require to travel.

Obviously, there are no FCS team that can play close to that guarantee, so it looks like Montana will play conference games and all the rest at home. The only exception will be going the on the road for FBS guarnatees, and those losses hurt chances for playoff home games. None for Montana in 2007. FCS teams take note, good luck with that Montana. IMO, no self respecting FCS top level team will play them without a return trip.

What do you think? It looks like Montana should go independent and get a contract with NBC to carry all their games and just play the USC's and Notre Dames. They are really full of themselves. What about playing top FCS teams in home and homes, wouldn't you think that would be a priority? I hope the playoff selection committee wakes up to Montana's ridiculous formula and arrogance in avoiding FCS competition.

sambini
08-19-2007, 06:08 PM
my oh my who do they think they are?

onbison09
08-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Their OOC slate is Southern Utah (3-8), Fort Lewis (7-4), and Albany (7-4). Not exactly murderer's row. This confirms my suspecions that they think they are Notre Dame. One they didn't get it done in the playoffs. (when you think you are that good you need to win it all) Two they think everyone should worship on the ground they walk on. God they disgust me!!! $450,000 guarentee. You have got to be kidding me!!!

Herd
08-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Again, this was a fans statement, not a university statement. But it seems to be reflected in what is going on with their scheduling.

sambini
08-20-2007, 03:13 AM
At least Notre Dame plays some tough teams USC ETC..

TheDoctor
08-20-2007, 05:49 AM
USC is a cup cake! :D :D :D :D ;)