PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Fuel on the Fire.

Blue
08-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Thought I'd add my take on Summit League volleyball for the upcoming season.
This is an article scheduled to appear in the SDSU Collegian in the first edition of the school year.
http://www.freespaces.com/rabbitdenreader/microsoft%20word%20-%20mid-con%20volleyball%20preview.pdf

North Dakota State

17-13 last year

When to see them: September 16 in Frost Arena, or October 20 in Fargo, ND.

Overview of team: The Bison found themselves in close matches last fall going 3-5 in five set matches, as first year Coach Erich Hinterstocker brought life into a program that has struggled since moving up to Division 1. Independent newcomer of the year setter Mattie Johnson and all-independent middle blocker Christy Stuewe return to a Bison team that lost a lot of talent to graduation.

What to expect: A lot is unknown coming into the season after losing most of the team to graduation. A lot of young talent is here but relatively new to the college game. It should take half of the year for everything to come together and be a competitive team in the Summit League. Three of the returning key players will be looked at to bring the team through the tough times.

Who to watch: Kari Fagnan should shatter the NDSU career digs record this fall. She has 1464 in three years and is only 97 away from tying the current career mark. Christy Stuewe was all-independent first team last year. Kelly Lopez should be a big help after redshirting last year due to injury. She can flat out kill a volleyball with power.

My prediction: This will be a middle of the pack team. The Bison will win around twelve games this year.

silkamilkamonico
08-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I've had some insight on the progress of the volleyball team this year since the start of late summer practice.

People are going to be pleasantly surprised at just how good this team will be by the middle of the season.

sambini
08-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Thanks Silk I like your insight ++++

TheDoctor
08-25-2007, 05:40 AM
Silk is a GREAT volleyball mind! ;)