PDA

View Full Version : Can The Bison??

PantherHawk
08-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Its this simple, can the Bison beat the Big 10's last place, bottom-dweller of the '07 season?

http/p218.ezboard.com/Sports-Illustrated-CF-Preview/fthehole84398frm7.showMessage=3ftopicID=3d17941.to pic

With yet another prognosticator picking the little goofers to finish 0-8 and 4-8, the gang over at gloryhole.com is seething more than if Lakes had been there all day! lol

Did you guys play anyone last year who ran the spread?????

tony
08-17-2007, 12:43 AM
Its this simple, can the Bison beat the Big 10's last place, bottom-dweller of the '07 season?

Impossible. NDSU doesn't play Iowa this year.

:hide:

PantherHawk
08-17-2007, 12:52 AM

Its not that hard, Tony, Iowa is NOT the team picked to go 0-8 in the Big 10 by almost every sports publication in America. If x = 4 and y = 2 then x + y must = 6.............its really that simple.

SirHinn
08-17-2007, 12:56 AM

Agree with ya Tony, soon enough Iowa will get their whoopin soon though.

56BISON73
08-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Agree with ya Tony, soon enough Iowa will get their whoopin soon though.

University of Iowa Or Iowa State??? PL

NDSUFREAK
08-17-2007, 02:40 AM
lets beat minnesota first

SirHinn
08-17-2007, 03:15 AM
University of Iowa Or Iowa State??? PL

I'd say the chances are higher that the Bison would play the Hawkeyes before they would play Iowa State in football.

BisonCountry
08-17-2007, 03:26 AM
I'd say the chances are higher that the Bison would play the Hawkeyes before they would play Iowa State in football.
I'll take that bet.
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2009

sambini
08-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Iowa athletic department is run by former Bison Gary Barta. But we do play the Cyclones . And PL I'll see you there.

SirHinn
08-17-2007, 04:16 AM
I'll take that bet.
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2009

Hmmm, interesting. Guess the Bison will be able to whoop up on the whole state of Iowa soon. Who's next after that, Northern Iowa or the Hawkeyes?

BisonCountry
08-17-2007, 04:22 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Guess the Bison will be able to whoop up on the whole state of Iowa soon. Who's next after that, Northern Iowa or the Hawkeyes?
We already own Wisconsin in Basketball...maybe we'll choose to conquer Iowa in football. Iowa St. in 2009. We'll get No. Iowa in conference play. I'll say we'll get Iowa signed on for 2011 in case the Wisconsin rumor in 2010 pans out. For good measure we'll bring Drake into the Dome for an opener. :D

56BISON73
08-17-2007, 05:02 AM

I was thinking it was alittle early in the week to have so many people hitting the bottle. But I looked at my watch and realized it is Friday. :D :D :D :D PL

SirHinn
08-17-2007, 06:25 AM
I was thinking it was alittle early in the week to have so many people hitting the bottle. But I looked at my watch and realized it is Friday. :D :D :D :D PL

It is quite simple though with all 3 Iowa schools though. NDSU practically defeated the Gophers, destroying them in every aspect of the game. Iowa then clearly got dominated by the Gophers. Iowa then in turn whooped up on ISU who nearly lost to UNI. UNI then lost to a D-2 school who NDSU would crush any day of the week. So clearly NDSU is already superior to all the Iowa schools :D :D.

Scooter1
08-17-2007, 06:26 AM
The University of Northern Iowa is a Gateway member. I would bet the farm, my house and your house that we would play them before Iowa.

Scooter1
08-17-2007, 06:33 AM
It is quite simple though with all 3 Iowa schools though. NDSU practically defeated the Gophers, destroying them in every aspect of the game. Iowa then clearly got dominated by the Gophers. Iowa then in turn whooped up on ISU who nearly lost to UNI. UNI then lost to a D-2 school who NDSU would crush any day of the week. So clearly NDSU is already superior to all the Iowa schools :D :D.

As long as the day of the week didn't happen in the 1990's. Something that my relatives are so fond of pointing out.:blush:

So, you are saying that the D2 school that beat UNI could beat Iowa?:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :D

tony
08-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Hehe, I'm sure most of you know I was teasing PantherHawk by giving him a mild taste of his own medicine because I HATE IT when people say how crappy our opponents are. If they are that bad, why are we playing them in the first place?

Beating Minnesota would be a huge accomplishment for the Bison but, regardless of the game's outcome, I want the Gophers to do well in the Big 10. If NDSU beats them and they tank in the Big 10, then the focus of the headlines will be variations of "Gophers Program in Shambles". Personally, I'd rather open up the Sunday paper as read "NDSU Stuns Big 10 Leading Gophers."

Besides, only weaklings delight in (or hope for) off-the-field problems of their opponents.

Dang it, I need an icon for stepping off my soapbox.

sambini
08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Respect your opponenets.

Goldy93
08-17-2007, 12:45 PM
An Iowa troller posting anti-gopher crap on an NDSU board. Looks like they are still licking their wounds from last year. Get a life and go back to the Iowa board or to a team that Iowa actually plays this year.

PantherHawk
08-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Stop talking like a goofer fan.

PantherHawk
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
An Iowa troller posting anti-gopher crap on an NDSU board. Looks like they are still licking their wounds from last year. Get a life and go back to the Iowa board or to a team that Iowa actually plays this year.
Last year......last year......last year! After the way the goofs ended last year, its strange you keep bringing it up. I guess when you FLUKE out your first win in 6 years over a border rival, you don't want to let it go?! In case you are unaware, this is 2007 and BlowHard Brewster and his groundrats play in Kinnick THIS November.

Goldy93
08-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Last year......last year......last year! After the way the goofs ended last year, its strange you keep bringing it up. I guess when you FLUKE out your first win in 6 years over a border rival, you don't want to let it go?! In case you are unaware, this is 2007 and BlowHard Brewster and his groundrats play in Kinnick THIS November.

An Iowa troll here, as I said before. I rest my case.

X-Factor
08-17-2007, 02:24 PM
The University of Northern Iowa is a Gateway member. I would bet the farm, my house and your house that we would play them before Iowa.

I would be careful with that. There is still a roundabout very slim outside chance we could sign an Iowa to the 2008 schedule in one of those early season openings. We play UNI later in the season. Of course, we have heard rumblings about a BCS team other than Iowa in 2008, but until it's posted....

Scooter1
08-17-2007, 02:40 PM
I would be careful with that. There is still a roundabout very slim outside chance we could sign an Iowa to the 2008 schedule in one of those early season openings. We play UNI later in the season. Of course, we have heard rumblings about a BCS team other than Iowa in 2008, but until it's posted....

Really, that would be F..A..N..T..A..S..T..I..C..! Not to imply that the refs fix the games like in NBA

PantherHawk
08-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Iowa still has an opening on 8/30/08, however, we already have Florida International scheduled the following week. No disrespect, but I doubt they go with a I-AA game and follow-up with FIU the next week. This is something the goofers would be all over!!!! In '09, we already have UNI on the schedule, so again, its doubtful if we pull a minisooooDUH and go with 2 I-AA teams in the same season.

2010 is probably the earliest as we have 2 open dates and Arizona & the ISU SuckClowns already on our OOC schedule.

56BISON73
08-17-2007, 02:58 PM

Youve had more to drink than I thought.:nod: :D
I believe you need to retrace the above theoritical events as the game schedules are chronologically incorrect.
I will give you a hint Iowa Played ISU in the beginning of the season.
There is nothing the matter with dreaming. But at least be accurate. :bow: :D PL

BisonNeil
08-17-2007, 02:58 PM

Man, you are really out to lunch. Who are you? How closely do you really follow the Bison?

SirHinn
08-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Youve had more to drink than I thought.:nod: :D
I believe you need to retrace the above theoritical events as the game schedules are chronologically incorrect.
I will give you a hint Iowa Played ISU in the beginning of the season.
There is nothing the matter with dreaming. But at least be accurate. :bow: :D PL

What relevance does that have to ISU losing to Iowa? It doesn't matter on the order of events, especially considering I never said in chronological order. The end result is still the same no matter how you get there.
I think you need to have a little faith in the Bison, you were probably one of those doubters that thought the Bison never had a chance against the Gophers.

Goldy93
08-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Its not that hard, Tony, Iowa is NOT the team picked to go 0-8 in the Big 10 by almost every sports publication in America. If x = 4 and y = 2 then x + y must = 6.............its really that simple.

This is what is called "Hawkeye logic". Use high school algebra to prove the Gophers will finish on the bottom of the B10. PH is right, because every publication is supposedly picking the Gophers to finish in the bottom of the B10, they will. I guess they should just forfeit the games. What a knucklehead.

PantherHawk
08-17-2007, 05:08 PM
This is what is called "Hawkeye logic". Use high school algebra to prove the Gophers will finish on the bottom of the B10. PH is right, because every publication is supposedly picking the Gophers to finish in the bottom of the B10, they will. I guess they should just forfeit the games. What a knucklehead.
Bro, do you take stupid pills in the AM? The whole point of that post was to indicate MN and not IA was picked to finish last, not that anyone in particular WILL! Sorry the simplicity confused you........

SirHinn
08-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Bro, do you take stupid pills in the AM? The whole point of that post was to indicate MN and not IA was picked to finish last, not that anyone in particular WILL! Sorry the simplicity confused you........

How did Iowa do against Minnesota last year? I'm sure last year Iowa was predicted to actually finish the season with a winning record, glad that worked out for them. Hate to break it to ya, but preseason polls mean absolutely nothing. Sorry for the confusion, but most people do care about records at the end of the season not the beginning

Scooter1
08-17-2007, 05:56 PM
My book has Illinois finishing at the bottom. Hmmm, must have been a misprint. I'll call the magazine editor asap.

Never have I seen a more irrational hatred for a school than yours for the gophers. Good luck with that. Goodbye, troll.

Blue
08-17-2007, 06:15 PM
I find it slightly funny goldy and pantherhawk are arguing about what big 10 team is better on the bison board. Personally, I hope the Bison get out on the field, get rid of the hype about how good the team is, and show everyone that they are for real by beating a middle of the pack Big 10 school. Hype is one thing outperforming it is another. I hope the Bison can outperform the hype. I look forward to November 17th.

56BISON73
08-17-2007, 06:35 PM
What relevance does that have to ISU losing to Iowa? It doesn't matter on the order of events, especially considering I never said in chronological order. The end result is still the same no matter how you get there.
I think you need to have a little faith in the Bison, you were probably one of those doubters that thought the Bison never had a chance against the Gophers.

You have totally misinterpreted my posts if you think that. I have posted here before than I couldnt understand why the Bison waited so long to make the move to D1. Does that sound like a person of little faith?
But Iam a realist.
I was hoping for a good game and it was. Up until that point the Bison really hadnt played anyone of Big Ten caliber. And I will say that MN wasnt exactly representative of a good Big Ten team.
And you do have to put it in chronological order to be truthful. Why? Because the same Iowa team that beat ISU wasnt on the field for the MN game. I would say almost 50% of the team was in the tank(injured).
But since you like analogies---Iowa almost beat TX(defending national champs) in there bowl game. Just think of the possible sceinarios I could draw from that? LOL But I wont because they lost.:banghead: :D PL

PantherHawk
08-17-2007, 09:46 PM
You have totally misinterpreted my posts if you think that. I have posted here before than I couldnt understand why the Bison waited so long to make the move to D1. Does that sound like a person of little faith?
But Iam a realist.
I was hoping for a good game and it was. Up until that point the Bison really hadnt played anyone of Big Ten caliber. And I will say that MN wasnt exactly representative of a good Big Ten team.
And you do have to put it in chronological order to be truthful. Why? Because the same Iowa team that beat ISU wasnt on the field for the MN game. I would say almost 50% of the team was in the tank(injured).
But since you like analogies---Iowa almost beat TX(defending national champs) in there bowl game. Just think of the possible sceinarios I could draw from that? LOL But I wont because they lost.:banghead: :D PL
"Because the same Iowa team that beat ISU wasnt on the field for the MN game. I would say almost 50% of the team was in the tank(injured).
But since you like analogies---Iowa almost beat TX(defending national champs) in there bowl game."

My, my, my, my.......are you going to be in trouble with the goofernation!!! None of that is supposed to matter...........even if it does! lol In their delusional little world, they still believe they "stomped"----by 10 points----the same team that opened the season by crushing I-AA power Montana and then finishing the year by giving Texas all they wanted. I was at the Montana game, and it is not an exaggeration to say Iowa could have laid 60 on the Griz that day had they wanted to do so.

WildBill
08-18-2007, 04:34 PM
"Because the same Iowa team that beat ISU wasnt on the field for the MN game. I would say almost 50% of the team was in the tank(injured).
But since you like analogies---Iowa almost beat TX(defending national champs) in there bowl game."

My, my, my, my.......are you going to be in trouble with the goofernation!!! None of that is supposed to matter...........even if it does! lol In their delusional little world, they still believe they "stomped"----by 10 points----the same team that opened the season by crushing I-AA power Montana and then finishing the year by giving Texas all they wanted. I was at the Montana game, and it is not an exaggeration to say Iowa could have laid 60 on the Griz that day had they wanted to do so.

And still no one cares because this is a Bison board

PantherHawk
08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
And still no one cares because this is a Bison board
You care, my little puppet, because you tap dance every time I pull your string..........

WildBill
08-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Not really.

KC Bison
08-19-2007, 11:25 PM
I realized why its so important to a Gopher and a Hawkeye fan as to where their teams place in the pre-season polls. They play in the division in which all that ever counts are your poll standings. The gutless bowl teams are too chicken to ever play in a real tournament to settle their championships.

PantherHawk
08-20-2007, 12:59 AM
I realized why its so important to a Gopher and a Hawkeye fan has to where their teams place in the pre-season polls. They play in the division in which all that ever counts are your poll standings. The gutless bowl teams are too chicken to ever play in a real tournament to settle their championships.
Didn't know you had a med school there @ NDSU?! This guy is a real brain surgeon...........

Goldy93
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM

Get a clue, pantherfinch. Your high school algebra lesson did not make any point whatsoever which really shows your "hawkeye logic". That is what I was saying, your post was completely nonsensical. Just because the preseason prognosticators have picked the Gophers to finish last does not make them the cellar dweller of the big ten. BTW, using that good ol' "hawkeye logic", I determined that e=2.71828183, so clearly the prognosticators are wrong.

PantherHawk
08-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Get a clue, pantherfinch. Your high school algebra lesson did not make any point whatsoever which really shows your "hawkeye logic". That is what I was saying, your post was completely nonsensical. Just because the preseason prognosticators have picked the Gophers to finish last does not make them the cellar dweller of the big ten. BTW, using that good ol' "hawkeye logic", I determined that e=2.71828183, so clearly the prognosticators are wrong.

Well then here, this 10th place prediction should make you feel much better:

http://www.theozone.net/football/2007/Fallcamp/minnesotapreview.htm

This might help too:

"Best Reason They Will Be Undefeated

Remember in "Days of Thunder" when Robert Duvall tells Tom Cruise that he put "special tires" on his car so that he could take corners faster than normal? Brewster is a lot like Duvall's character in the sense that he tells his team a whole lot of half-truths. The scary part, however, is that Brewster actually believes it."

admin
08-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Well then here, this 10th place prediction should make you feel much better:

http://www.theozone.net/football/2007/Fallcamp/minnesotapreview.htm

This might help too:

"Best Reason They Will Be Undefeated

Remember in "Days of Thunder" when Robert Duvall tells Tom Cruise that he put "special tires" on his car so that he could take corners faster than normal? Brewster is a lot like Duvall's character in the sense that he tells his team a whole lot of half-truths. The scary part, however, is that Brewster actually believes it."

PantherHawk, please stop this type of post.

PantherHawk
08-20-2007, 02:06 PM
PantherHawk, please stop this type of post.
OK, I will, but once again I was only responding to an attack................

WildBill
08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
always the victim,lol

yeah,right