PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 jaw droppers in 2006

BisonNeil
08-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Forgive me if this has already been posted and I missed it. My son brought this to my attention.

On the last page of the Athlon College Football Guide-2007 is a section referred to as "The Back Page", where they posted the "top 10 jaw-droppers from the 2006 season", i.e., those scores and games that elicit a stunned double-take. Two I-A vs I-AA games (FBS vs FCS) made the list, Montana St over Colorado and:

Minnesota 10, North Dakota State 9
Oct. 21 at Minnesota

This was far from a vintage Minnesota club, but you had to figure that the Gopers would have little trouble rolling up a ton of yards on the ground against Division I-AA North Dakota State. Well, that was hardly the case. The Gophers managed a paltry 99 yards rushing and were outgained 380-to-249 in a much, much, much closer-than-expected 10-9 win at the Metrodome. The Bison had a chance to win it on the final play of the game, but their 42-yard field goal was blocked as time expired.

In other news from Athlon, they rank Bison foes Central Michigan #59 and Minnesota #78 out of 119 FBS teams (FIU last). CMU is predicted to once again win the West division of the MAC, Minnesota is predicted to be dead last in the Big 10. Both are predicted to beat NDSU in the 2007 schedule and for the Goophers it will be one of only 4 victories with two other swing games.

So, it appears based on Athlon that the Bison's biggest challenge will be in Mt. Pleasant, MI.

onbison09
08-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Forgive me if this has already been posted and I missed it. My son brought this to my attention.

On the last page of the Athlon College Football Guide-2007 is a section referred to as "The Back Page", where they posted the "top 10 jaw-droppers from the 2006 season", i.e., those scores and games that elicit a stunned double-take. Two I-A vs I-AA games (FBS vs FCS) made the list, Montana St over Colorado and:

Minnesota 10, North Dakota State 9
Oct. 21 at Minnesota

This was far from a vintage Minnesota club, but you had to figure that the Gopers would have little trouble rolling up a ton of yards on the ground against Division I-AA North Dakota State. Well, that was hardly the case. The Gophers managed a paltry 99 yards rushing and were outgained 380-to-249 in a much, much, much closer-than-expected 10-9 win at the Metrodome. The Bison had a chance to win it on the final play of the game, but their 42-yard field goal was blocked as time expired.

In other news from Athlon, they rank Bison foes Central Michigan #59 and Minnesota #78 out of 119 FBS teams (FIU last). CMU is predicted to once again win the West division of the MAC, Minnesota is predicted to be dead last in the Big 10. Both are predicted to beat NDSU in the 2007 schedule and for the Goophers it will be one of only 4 victories with two other swing games.

So, it appears based on Athlon that the Bison's biggest challenge will be in Mt. Pleasant, MI.

I agree. I think that's been posted but no worries.