PDA

View Full Version : Humber out for opener

tony
08-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Steve Hallstrom reported that Ramon Humber won't be playing in the opener because of something he did on Bastille Day. I guess Steve will be reporting the details tomorrow.

Seems like we have an offensive lineman who might be suspended for the opener too for trying to get served at the West Fargo fair.

Hopefully in the future the guys will stay out of trouble in the summer.

DORMIE
08-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Things like that are going to happen. Young guys feeling a little bullet proof and full of piss and vinagar. Obviously we have team rules though, something that UND Hockey lacks. Still waiting for the game suspension for the Judy's Bar incident. Obviously the team ruled are "Win at all costs." Could be worse though. Did anyone read the 5 page article in Sports Illustrated on Montana State. Not pretty.

X-Factor
08-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Steve Hallstrom reported that Ramon Humber won't be playing in the opener because of something he did on Bastille Day. I guess Steve will be reporting the details tomorrow.

Seems like we have an offensive lineman who might be suspended for the opener too for trying to get served at the West Fargo fair.

Hopefully in the future the guys will stay out of trouble in the summer.

the offensive lineman is Ryan Foster.

lakesbison
08-16-2007, 04:20 PM
foster missing a game becuz he TRIED to get a beer at the fair is KINDA WEAK.

Humber being a drunk dumbass probably deserves a 1 game suspension, (maybe we should wait til AFTER the season to punish him. or just forget about it at all huh Haukstol??)

NDSUFREAK
08-16-2007, 04:41 PM
You can always count on Bohl to have the best decision in this. This is why i love to see Bohl as the head coach on the sidelines. I wish these guys luck but we can still get it done at the linebacking position for SFA.

imabison
08-16-2007, 05:08 PM
foster missing a game becuz he TRIED to get a beer at the fair is KINDA WEAK.

Humber being a drunk dumbass probably deserves a 1 game suspension, (maybe we should wait til AFTER the season to punish him. or just forget about it at all huh Haukstol??)
I figure you would chime in Lakes.

1. Trying to BUY beer, and trying to buy beer and getting busted for it are 2 different things. The young man I think was prosecuted for the attempt to purchase.

2. Don't even try to think the NDSU and that school up north should be similar in anyway. Not evening Jokingly!!!

onbison09
08-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Dumba$$es!! Why would you do that when you know you will get suspened?? Suppose they think they're football players and nothing can happen to them. I think we should be OK at LB though. Maybe we should just be like UNDuhhhhh and not care at all or like Bobby Bowden and just make them run. Why was he doing something on Bastille Day? Isn't that the French independence day or something??

Bison06
08-16-2007, 05:53 PM
I realize most of the posts in this thread have been pretty realistic, but for the others, let's not forget these guys are young men with a lot to learn. Mistakes our bound to happen. Yes we hold these guys to a much higher standard and they are being punished for what they've done. It doesn't make them stupid, it doesn't make them any different than most of us when we were in college. They got caught, I can't say I didn't do the same things when I was that age. I was just luckier than them.

Gully
08-16-2007, 06:20 PM
I did the same things AND got caught. The difference is no one really cares about it unless you're an athlete. I can tell you from experience that these minor issues will have no long term ill effects on their lives.

Now if they turn into Joe Toth....that's another story entirely.

lakesbison
08-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Yea. I chimed in.

The Fair is a freakin joke alcohol wise, so Im really surprised that he got busted.

Humber was Dumber. ha ha.. A RYHME!!

Im not casting stones, I was in jail in G Forks after the 1996 NDSU game for 1 hour, til I got a lawyer and threatened to SUE the SUE P.D!!!

onbison09
08-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Why did you get picked up Lakes? Did the UNDUHHH rent a cops get you??

SDbison
08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
The two current issues with NDSU players are minor (and they will happen again to others in future years) but they have to be punished, much as it seems such a high standard. The alternative is to be like UND and ignore it, and then all of the sudden there are bigger and bigger issues that are overlooked. That kind of environment over several years can result in a situation like Montana State.

IL_Bison
08-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I did the same things AND got caught. The difference is no one really cares about it unless you're an athlete. I can tell you from experience that these minor issues will have no long term ill effects on their lives.

No long term consequences if they remember to disclose the violation. Public Service Announcement....a friend of mine got a 70K+/yr job offer rescinded because of failure to disclose a minor on the premises incurred during college. This friend paid the fine, no court appearance, but ended up with a simple misdemeanor on criminal record, and simply didn't think the question on the form referred to this type of violation. Bad, unfortunate situation.

onbison09
08-16-2007, 09:23 PM
No long term consequences if they remember to disclose the violation. Public Service Announcement....a friend of mine got a 70K+/yr job offer rescinded because of failure to disclose a minor on the premises incurred during college. This friend paid the fine, no court appearance, but ended up with a simple misdemeanor on criminal record, and simply didn't think the question on the form referred to this type of violation. Bad, unfortunate situation.

Damn I didn't know people were that strict. It's not like college students aren't :cheers: and :bong: . If every student that did that got caught it would be scary. NDSU has to nip this in the butt now or all of a sudden it turns into Montana State.

TransAmBison
08-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I know that is why I never partook in alcoholic beverages in college. Never. Honest. :hide:

56BISON73
08-16-2007, 09:32 PM

What I find surprising is they suspend players for certain conduct when school isnt even in session.
There was a time when small crap like that wasnt worth repeating. But with news agencies sensationalism of anything remotely negative it has come down to some kid getting suspended for trying to have a beer at the fair is news. Sad. PL

56BISON73
08-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Damn I didn't know people were that strict. It's not like college students aren't :cheers: and :bong: . If every student that did that got caught it would be scary. NDSU has to nip this in the butt now or all of a sudden it turns into Montana State.

Yeah ya gotta watch out. First its just sneaking a beer at the fair then lord help us it turns into dealing cocaine and murder charges. LOL PL

Bisonguy
08-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I'd much rather have this information disclosed than swept under the rug.

If they're convicted, it's a matter of public record, anyhow.

Gully
08-16-2007, 10:22 PM

Well I don't doubt that is a true story but I have to believe that is very rare. Job applications typically ask about felonies but I have never seen one asking about misdemeanors.

SDbison
08-16-2007, 11:33 PM
What I find surprising is they suspend players for certain conduct when school isnt even in session.
There was a time when small crap like that wasnt worth repeating. But with news agencies sensationalism of anything remotely negative it has come down to some kid getting suspended for trying to have a beer at the fair is news. Sad. PL
One reason the players are held to such a high standard is the publc sees all the attention and benefits (scholarships, personal tutors, etc.) they get as a student athletes and expect perfect conduct. The little stuff could be overlooked if bad apples like Montana State didn't exist.

heymch86
08-17-2007, 12:41 AM
80% of the team is doing what those 2 did. Its just that they aren't getting caught. Its not a big deal, they're getting punished the proper way.

Tatanka
08-17-2007, 03:28 AM
I know that is why I never partook in alcoholic beverages in college. Never. Honest. :hide:
:rofl:
Now THAT is funny, and I know a thing or two about funny. :)

IL_Bison
08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Well I don't doubt that is a true story but I have to believe that is very rare. Job applications typically ask about felonies but I have never seen one asking about misdemeanors.

I agree. This company wouldn't of cared about the misdemeanor it was the fact it wasn't disclosed. They mentioned something about "falsifying documents"

BisonNeil
08-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I think the point that is being dismissed here is that the Bison are down two starters for our first game of the season against a team that played us very tough last year. I know all you homers think we will crush SFA, but that is simply ignoring that they are a solid team and I don't think it is good to lack respect for an opponent.

Humber was arguably our best defender/tackler last year, outside of Mays. Without Foster, who started a few games due to injury, we are left with an inexperienced RFr who hasn't taken any meaningful snaps. And, if indeed it is true that players and teams make their best improvement from the first game to the second, these two guys and their units will be playing their first game of the season against a nationally ranked team on Sept 15. A game the entire team will have to play well to win.

Their violations may be minor misdemeanors, and you all seem to be more than willing to ignore them, but alcolhol abuse is a big problem on today's campuses and I think the effect on the team could be more than most of you are willing to discuss. I for one cannot dismiss this behaviour as "boys will be boys".

tony
08-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Actually, I think Ryan Foster is going to play in the opener. He's just not going to start.

Bison06
08-17-2007, 04:41 PM
I think the point that is being dismissed here is that the Bison are down two starters for our first game of the season against a team that played us very tough last year. I know all you homers think we will crush SFA, but that is simply ignoring that they are a solid team and I don't think it is good to lack respect for an opponent.

Humber was arguably our best defender/tackler last year, outside of Mays. Without Foster, who started a few games due to injury, we are left with an inexperienced RFr who hasn't taken any meaningful snaps. And, if indeed it is true that players and teams make their best improvement from the first game to the second, these two guys and their units will be playing their first game of the season against a nationally ranked team on Sept 15. A game the entire team will have to play well to win.

Their violations may be minor misdemeanors, and you all seem to be more than willing to ignore them, but alcolhol abuse is a big problem on today's campuses and I think the effect on the team could be more than most of you are willing to discuss. I for one cannot dismiss this behaviour as "boys will be boys".

I guess I don't understand what more you would like to be done. They have been punished, we are on a message board that has nothing to do with the attitude of the team. Whether we choose to overlook an opponent or not has no bearing on the outcome of the game. I don't know if you are too far removed from college or you just never broke the law, but this is boys will be boys. It cannot be stopped, no matter how much a player has to lose they will still find a way to drink. All that we can do as fans is hope they don't put themselves in bad situations that make the program and themselves suffer.

Scooter1
08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I know that some feel that there is an alcohol problem on todays campus. WTF, it couldn't possibly be any worse than when I went to school in the 80's. I seam to remember friends drinking themselves into a stupor on a weekly basis. You know, we do have laws on the books already that prohibit drunk driving and public drunkeness, and they aply to all. The only differense is that we could drink at the age of 19. When are the adults in this world going to finally wise up and do one of two things. First, acknowlege that someone who is eighteen is an adult and should be accorded all the priveleges of an adult so they wouldn't have to slink around trying not to get caught on the stupid little restrictions we place on them. Or, just break down and say that a kid is not an adult until the age of 21. And, you can't be charged as an adult until the age of 21. Make up your damn mind and move on.

It's the same bull shit that goes with the government saying "don't smoke here don't smoke there...but we don't really want you to quit cause we need your tax dollars, smokers."

02Bison
08-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I know that some feel that there is an alcohol problem on todays campus. WTF, it couldn't possibly be any worse than when I went to school in the 80's. I seam to remember friends drinking themselves into a stupor on a weekly basis."

It is a problem and has always been a problem. The problem is being aided with complacent attitudes about it just like you've conveyed above. That's all I'm going to say. I think BisonNeil hit the bull's eye with his post.

02Bison
08-17-2007, 05:46 PM

Well said BisonNeil!

Bison06
08-17-2007, 06:47 PM
It is a problem and has always been a problem. The problem is being aided with complacent attitudes about it just like you've conveyed above. That's all I'm going to say. I think BisonNeil hit the bull's eye with his post.

I find it interesting that "adults" look down at younger "adults" for doing the same things they did at that age. What more would you who disagree with how this is being handled like to see being done? If the alcohol "problem" you are referring to is kids drinking themselves to death then I would say the problem is lack of experience and knowing your own body's limits. With little exception the deaths that occur from overconsumption of alcohol are young men and women who are having their first experience with alcohol at college. I am not advocating drinking in high school, but the point I am making is still valid. I really don't see what the problem is, we have just as many adults getting behind the wheel after a few then we do young men and women. This high and mighty attitude that some people have about alcohol is getting old.

BisonNeil
08-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I find it interesting that "adults" look down at younger "adults" for doing the same things they did at that age. What more would you who disagree with how this is being handled like to see being done? If the alcohol "problem" you are referring to is kids drinking themselves to death then I would say the problem is lack of experience and knowing your own body's limits. With little exception the deaths that occur from overconsumption of alcohol are young men and women who are having their first experience with alcohol at college. I am not advocating drinking in high school, but the point I am making is still valid. I really don't see what the problem is, we have just as many adults getting behind the wheel after a few then we do young men and women. This high and mighty attitude that some people have about alcohol is getting old.

Unfortunately, we are not simply talking about drinking and alcohol abuse. Besides the minor in possession, he also got hit with disorderly conduct and they dropped charges on public urination. These are not things that anyone should do in today's society, or in 80's. Simply dismissing this adds to the problem, regardless of whether the format is one on one or on a blog. Given that Drago posted his dance, obviously players read this stuff, and much of what you and others have said could make them feel that what they do is appropriate and that only getting caught is inappropriate.

Bison06
08-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I understand what you are saying, but If players are being punished for what they have done by the authority in thier life, do you really think them reading what we write makes them think it is ok?

BisonNeil
08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
I understand what you are saying, but If players are being punished for what they have done by the authority in thier life, do you really think them reading what we write makes them think it is ok?

Perhaps not okay, but acceptable behaviour due to a high level of tolerance among fans/society, which is obvious what you and Scooter are advocating.

TransAmBison
08-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I here that public urination charge is a big one! I for one have NEVER done that and I find it HORRIBLE!!!!! I would never stand for such criminal behavior!!!!! AAAARRRGGGhhhhhh!!!!!!

Bison06
08-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I can't throw someone under the bus for doing things that I did. If I hadn't done things like this when I was younger then maybe I would feel differently, but I did. Can you honestly say you never had a beer before you were of legal age?

TransAmBison
08-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I can't throw someone under the bus for doing things that I did. If I hadn't done things like this when I was younger then maybe I would feel differently, but I did. Can you honestly say you never had a beer before you were of legal age?
I already had this discussion with 02Bison. He had a wine cooler once.

56BISON73
08-17-2007, 07:24 PM
My thoughts are--
Was he in school at the time??? Was he receiving money from school at the time.
If not you let the justice system take its course. NDSU should have NO say in what this person does outside of school over a summer vacation.

I have never understood the high and mighty attitudes that players must pay with there blood for a bad decision. Its because of the continual crying of such people that have led to the admin people to think THEY have to do something when in fact they shouldnt even be involved if the incident had nothing to do with NDSU.
But I tell you what. Why doesnt NDSU and any institution of higher learning for that matter run checks on all of the students. Then if they find an infraction they can suspend them ?????? OHHhhhh I dont think that would fly would it??? PL

Scooter1
08-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Perhaps not okay, but acceptable behaviour due to a high level of tolerance among fans/society, which is obvious what you and Scooter are advocating.

Hey, all I'm saying is if they are adults, give them adult rights. If you want to wait with the adult rights and concequences until the age of 21, I'm OK with that, too. Never once did I say that kids should be breaking the law. I'm saying if you are required to serve the penalty of a crime as an adult, you should have all of the adult benefits. I never said that I think underage drinking was acceptable, I mearly stated that I don't think the problem is any worse than when I went to school.

Bisonguy
08-17-2007, 07:37 PM
How many days until kickoff? :confused:

56BISON73
08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
"""I never said that I think underage drinking was acceptable, I mearly stated that I don't think the problem is any worse than when I went to school."""

I have to agree. They were talking about that when I was in school and I am sure before that also and have been beating that drum ever since.
Hey some people just have to have a drum to beat.PL

Bison06
08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I think too many. Everyone is a little on edge, I love it.

heymch86
08-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Bottom Line: Booze, urinating in public, not remembering things- its college

56BISON73
08-17-2007, 07:53 PM
:D
Bottom Line: Booze, urinating in public, not remembering things- its college:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :D

Bisonguy
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM

Humber is arguably the best defensive player on the field.

Sam Houston State's first two games are creampuffs that the Bison have rolled over in recent history. The extra game they have might be a wash. Neither game will test the mettle of the Bearkats, and may actually be a detriment to their preparation versus NDSU.

X-Factor
08-17-2007, 09:33 PM
both of those players have backups that are absolutely capable of starting any game on the schedule this year.

The SFA game was close last year, but remember we were coming off of a big win at Ball State. Walker also threw 20 for 24, not to shabby. A couple of timely fumbles kept this game closer than it might have been otherwise.

02Bison
08-18-2007, 12:10 AM
I already had this discussion with 02Bison. He had a wine cooler once.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Why do I always get brought up in these discussions. I had a beer or two before I was 21 too, but not out in public and I was not even close to being intoxicated. Unlike some of you, I find more important things to do with my time than make booze an entertainment priority. There is nothing more moronic than listening to people talk about how they got so sloppy drunk and then talk about what they remembered doing while intoxicated (let us not forget, what they don't remember)...I think BisonNeil is a voice of reason on this thread and board. This isn't a problem that should be discounted, ignored or swept under the rug. Its negative press for the Bison community and its not something that should be happening given the team-makers that donate money to fund scholarships for these players. Like it or not, players are in the limelight because they are atheletes given a scholarship and they have a responsibility to follow the code of conduct for the team. By doing such activities and getting in trouble, these players are putting themselves before the team and letting their teammates down as well as fans. You can obviously tell we live in the number one binge drinking state given the indifferent attitude toward its negative consquences here.

Thank you BisonNeil for being a refreshing opinion on a board that has become a place of groupthink only.

sambini
08-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Coach Bohl and the Team Unity council will take care of it. I have the utmost faith in Coach and his staff to handle this manner. KNOW WHEN TO SAY WHEN.

Gully
08-18-2007, 03:46 AM
Yadda, yadda, yadda. Why do I always get brought up in these discussions. I had a beer or two before I was 21 too, but not out in public and I was not even close to being intoxicated. Unlike some of you, I find more important things to do with my time than make booze an entertainment priority. There is nothing more moronic than listening to people talk about how they got so sloppy drunk and then talk about what they remembered doing while intoxicated (let us not forget, what they don't remember)...I think BisonNeil is a voice of reason on this thread and board. This isn't a problem that should be discounted, ignored or swept under the rug. Its negative press for the Bison community and its not something that should be happening given the team-makers that donate money to fund scholarships for these players. Like it or not, players are in the limelight because they are atheletes given a scholarship and they have a responsibility to follow the code of conduct for the team. By doing such activities and getting in trouble, these players are putting themselves before the team and letting their teammates down as well as fans. You can obviously tell we live in the number one binge drinking state given the indifferent attitude toward its negative consquences here.

Thank you BisonNeil for being a refreshing opinion on a board that has become a place of groupthink only.

Well, I'm a team-maker that donates money and I'm hardly outraged that some football players drink beer before they're 21. If you choose not to drink.........I'm happy for you.

KC_Hats
08-18-2007, 04:20 AM
As long as Coach Bohl handles it by punishing the players that do something wrong I don't have a problem with it. I am also a Team Maker. Coach Bohl runs a tight ship and a clean program. The coaching staff and the team leaders will handle it. The media and other people that don't matter whining about it does nothing positive. If it was someone other than a football player we wouldn't even hear about it.

Everyone is contrasting how UND did nothing to their hockey players that did the same thing to what Coach Bohl did and I have to agree. The program has much more honor when the problems are dealt with.

02Bison
08-18-2007, 01:55 PM
As long as Coach Bohl handles it by punishing the players that do something wrong I don't have a problem with it. I am also a Team Maker. Coach Bohl runs a tight ship and a clean program. The coaching staff and the team leaders will handle it. The media and other people that don't matter whining about it does nothing positive. If it was someone other than a football player we wouldn't even hear about it.

Everyone is contrasting how UND did nothing to their hockey players that did the same thing to what Coach Bohl did and I have to agree. The program has much more honor when the problems are dealt with.

The problem I see with it is that it could be just a symptom to a bigger problem. Many of these players are friends both on and off the field and do lots of stuff together. Given this, I don't think its unrealistic to infer that there are probably more players doing the same thing, just not getting caught. That's a big issue and potential future black-eye to the Bison reputation. Attitudes that this kind of stuff is okay, are why its a problem in the first place.

56BISON73
08-18-2007, 02:08 PM
The problem I see with it is that it could be just a symptom to a bigger problem. Many of these players are friends both on and off the field and do lots of stuff together. Given this, I don't think its unrealistic to infer that there are probably more players doing the same thing, just not getting caught. That's a big issue and potential future black-eye to the Bison reputation. Attitudes that this kind of stuff is okay, are why its a problem in the first place.

People have been saying that since time memorial. Geeez :banghead: PL

westriver bison
08-18-2007, 03:41 PM
I think it's an argument for 18 year old legal drinking. When I was a freshman at NDSU we went to the bars in Moorhead every night for the first two weeks of college, slowed down a little after that. Still graduated in four years as did most of the people I hung out with. The difference is when the bar closed we went home, when you have to drink at a house party the bar never closes. You are also more likely to get stupid drunk because you end up chugging beers or shots. At least in a bar we had to wait for the und grads to deliver our next round.

My two kids in college agree. They told me they get a lot more out of control at a house party than at a bar.

Don't have a problem with college kids drinking. College is for learning things that aren't included in school. I know a lot of people that imbided a lot in college and then grew up. I also know a lot of people that didn't drink in college who now don't miss a day in the bar. Maybe I got it out of my system.

BisonNeil
08-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I think it's an argument for 18 year old legal drinking. When I was a freshman at NDSU we went to the bars in Moorhead every night for the first two weeks of college, slowed down a little after that. Still graduated in four years as did most of the people I hung out with. The difference is when the bar closed we went home, when you have to drink at a house party the bar never closes. You are also more likely to get stupid drunk because you end up chugging beers or shots. At least in a bar we had to wait for the und grads to deliver our next round.

My two kids in college agree. They told me they get a lot more out of control at a house party than at a bar.

Don't have a problem with college kids drinking. College is for learning things that aren't included in school. I know a lot of people that imbided a lot in college and then grew up. I also know a lot of people that didn't drink in college who now don't miss a day in the bar. Maybe I got it out of my system.

I don't believe that lowering the drinking age will solve issues of disorderly conduct and public urination. You're missing the point of how serious this lack of maturity speaks volumes about the individual involved, and I don't think we should be complacent about it. Obviously Bohl and his staff are doing the right thing, but I also think we, as fans and TeamMakers, need to be a little less cavalier about it.

westriver bison
08-18-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't believe that lowering the drinking age will solve issues of disorderly conduct and public urination. You're missing the point of how serious this lack of maturity speaks volumes about the individual involved, and I don't think we should be complacent about it. Obviously Bohl and his staff are doing the right thing, but I also think we, as fans and TeamMakers, need to be a little less cavalier about it.

I too think Bohl is handling it the right way. I don't think pissing on the street is an indicator of a bad person. If it is I guess I'm a bad person because I pissed on a few streets in the day. Kids get arrested for disorderly conduct for doing things my generation did at Boy Scout camp, with advice from the leaders. Times are a changing, I think for the worse. That said, Bohl is still handling it right. I guess we disagree on the maturity thing. I can agree on that.

56BISON73
08-18-2007, 11:34 PM

""""but I also think we, as fans and TeamMakers, need to be a little less cavalier about it.""""

Why???? PL

02Bison
08-19-2007, 01:32 AM
""""but I also think we, as fans and TeamMakers, need to be a little less cavalier about it.""""

Why???? PL

Do you really have to ask why we should be less accepting of this kind of behavior PL? C'mon. BisonNeil is right. Fans shouldn't be accepting of this behavior. Its not fair to teammates when they have a teammate do something stupid and get suspended.

KC_Hats
08-19-2007, 01:56 AM
People make mistakes all the time in their life and hopefully they learn from them. This is a chance for Coach Bohl and the staff to teach Humber a life lesson and I'm sure they are using it. There are far worse crimes than minor in possession that I would be more concerned with. The leaders of the team are probably dolling out some form of punishment for the suspension as well.

56BISON73
08-19-2007, 02:41 AM
Do you really have to ask why we should be less accepting of this kind of behavior PL? C'mon. BisonNeil is right. Fans shouldn't be accepting of this behavior. Its not fair to teammates when they have a teammate do something stupid and get suspended.

It happened over summer vacation. This really shouldnt be an issue IMO. I find it absolutely ridiculous the way people are reacting to this.
As a fan then be a fan not the moral police. I realize that these attitudes are a sign of the times. But I find those attitudes absurd.
Plus to be truthful I dont feel its anyones business. PL
PL

X-Factor
08-19-2007, 02:57 AM
I'll have to agree here and say this thread is making way to big of a deal out of a minor situation. Let's all be thankful we are talking about a silly minor in consumption instead of a rape charge or murder like some of our neighbor schools have dealt with in the last year. (Minnesota, Montana, SDSU just to name a few) Bohl dealt with the issue in an acceptable manor and now it's time to move on and let these guys play some ball.

56BISON73
08-19-2007, 02:59 AM
I'll have to agree here and say this thread is making way to big of a deal out of a minor situation. Let's all be thankful we are talking about a silly minor in consumption instead of a rape charge or murder like some of our neighbor schools have dealt with in the last year. (Minnesota, Montana, SDSU just to name a few) Bohl dealt with the issue in an acceptable manor and now it's time to move on and let these guys play some ball.

Well said. PL

Bisonguy
08-19-2007, 03:01 AM

Very well stated.

sambini
08-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Very well stated.++++++++++++++

roadwarrior
08-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Now Tyler Henry caught at Playmakers on tuesday night with minor in possession.

Gully
08-30-2007, 05:04 PM

Road, do you have any eligibility left? I think you'd look good at LB....they might wonder why you are wearing a yellow T-shirt though!!

Scooter1
08-30-2007, 06:50 PM

Maybe it's time for the seniors to start showing some of the leadership skills that we think they have and sit these little shits down for a heart to heart.:ranting: