PDA

View Full Version : Subscriptions???

56BISON73
08-15-2007, 01:33 AM
What does it mean that Iam subscribed to a thread????
Also in my public profile there is a box that says----""Group Memberships""
How do I enter that information??? PL

Hammersmith
08-15-2007, 02:32 AM
What does it mean that Iam subscribed to a thread????
Also in my public profile there is a box that says----""Group Memberships""
How do I enter that information??? PL
The software for the board allows you to create a list of threads you are interested in and want to follow. These are your subscribed threads. Since it is assumed that any thread you post in is a thread you want to keep track of, the software automatically subscribes you that thread as a default setting. You can subscribe to a thread you haven't posted in by clicking the "Thread Tools" dropdown located just below the page number area at the top of each thread and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread". You can see all your subscribed threads by clicking the "User CP" button in the main bar. Only subscribed threads that have been posted to recently will show up in the main section, though all subscribed threads can be viewed by clicking the "View all Subscribed Threads" link.

Subscribed threads are nice on really large message boards where a thread can be pushed to the second or third page within a day, or for a thread where you ask a question and really need the answer. For example, you decide that you're going to lead a group to an away game and you ask who's interested. Everytime someone posts in the thread, it pops to the top of your subscribed threads and you can even set your profile up to have it send you an email. Personally, I don't think Bisonville is large enough to need subscribed threads except for those special times, so I disabled the automatic subscribing when posting. You can do that by going to "User CP>Edit Options>Messaging and Notification" and selecting "Do not subscribe" from the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" pulldown.

I don't think there are any Groups on Bisonville except for moderators. Some examples of the Groups setting on other boards is the Conk and Donk Caucuses on AGS or The Sauna over on Championshipsubdivision. In the case of AGS, if you show that you are either Dem or Rep and want to join the appropriate caucus, the members of that group will vote on whether or not to let you in. The caucuses can be read by anyone, but only members can post. The Sauna is an adults only section of CSD. Anyone can join(as long as they're 18+), but you can't even enter unless you're a member of the group. Again, since Bisonville doesn't have any public groups, you don't have to worry about it.

56BISON73
08-15-2007, 04:59 AM
Hammer
Thanks man!!! PL

TheDoctor
09-18-2007, 04:47 AM
Hammer
Thanks man!!! PL

Hammer always come through 110%! ;)