PDA

View Full Version : Schilling on campus!

Swat_Team10
08-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Just ran into "TK" (Former Tim Miles Assistant) downtown Fargo, and he said the coaching staff have Schilling in town with his parents! Lakes can you confirm this?

sambini
08-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Lakes are you in on this?

roadwarrior
08-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Is Lakes the official recruiting coordinator now?

Yo
08-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Is Lakes the official recruiting coordinator now?

Please say it ain't so!!

lakesbison
08-11-2007, 11:49 PM
yes he is on campus. yes he went down to the LAKES to visit his coaches family........ cross your fingers!!!!!!!!!!!

Im hoping he verbals before sunday, but thats just me hoping :P

Blue
08-12-2007, 01:00 AM
I know this isn't the first school he has visited:)

lakesbison
08-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Blue. I will bet you MINE and YOURS bartab at Cubbies next fall that Schilling DOESNT end up at SDSU.

Blue
08-13-2007, 05:15 PM
I already knew that ;) we only have one open schollie left for next year and are looking at using it on a big man.

lakesbison
08-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey! Just Talked To Cody.s Coach . .. TONITE IS DA DECISION . . ! IL LET U KNOW ! . .

lakesbison
08-14-2007, 02:23 AM
9.20pm. Still Waitin And THATS NOT GOOD NEWS . . DAMMIT! . . . PRAY 4 tuesday . . else im afraid the offer will be pulled. CRIEGHTON, UNI ARE OTHERS . . . HMM

lakesbison
08-14-2007, 11:45 PM
NO NEWS... I guess theres a GUY out of IOWA that NDSU is also chasing. and CODY DID NOT MAKE A DECISION YET>

SH*TTTTTT>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even heard that WINONA ST & AUGUSTANA (cuz his smoking hot GF is here) are catching his ear now. ( HOW STUPID!!!!!)

onbison09
08-15-2007, 12:22 AM
NO NEWS... I guess theres a GUY out of IOWA that NDSU is also chasing. and CODY DID NOT MAKE A DECISION YET>

SH*TTTTTT>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even heard that WINONA ST & AUGUSTANA (cuz his smoking hot GF is here) are catching his ear now. ( HOW STUPID!!!!!)

Augustana, Augustana?? Girl friends come and go but Augie has never been a quality university. She must be pretty damn hot. Got any pics??

lakesbison
08-15-2007, 01:24 AM
im sure we could facebook her.. ha ha

Tatanka
08-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Are we really having this conversation?

Really? :smh:

lakesbison
08-15-2007, 01:55 AM
ha ha..
Yea.. You're right. CMON CODY!

OnTheFifty
08-15-2007, 02:51 AM
Hmmm...it was only a couple weeks ago that I mentioned my sources told me that Schilling may be looking to go small (D2).

LakesBison's reply...."Nope, Nope Nope
SCHILLING=UNI, NDSU, SDSU in that order. take it to the bank."

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if he signed with one of those 3, but Lakes was SO SURE, no question about it. What happened???

klomp44
08-15-2007, 04:18 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he chose Augie. Just a short 45 mile drive from his hometown. I was kind of hoping that if he does go D2, he goes SMSU. He knows the arena from playing section playoff games there. Also, thats where I'm a proud student.

Yup thats right. If the Klomp moniker sounds familiar, my brother just finished his senior season at SMSU. Hes the one who scored 22/10 against Smith last year in a game we almost won (#44). I was at that game, boy was it a good one.

lakesbison
08-15-2007, 05:06 AM
On Da Fifty, . . His Very Own Coach Told Me All Of This . . And He.s SHOCKED that cody.s even contemplatin the d2 schools . .and he pushed NDSU hard. . heck cody was up here 3 times . . what can u do? ? ?

Swat_Team10
08-15-2007, 01:44 PM
I will tell you what you do...MOVE ON! Go to the next recruit and offer him...I got to imagine the Bison Staff is on some player that may be even better. Plus, with him thinkin of going to a lower level, makes you question his heart and dedication to play Division I basketball.

lakesbison
08-15-2007, 04:00 PM
they have a kid from IOWA that will get an offer this week. ive heard.

minnyme
08-22-2007, 04:43 AM
I honestly think that this kid will go to school close to home. Ellsworth, MN is only a 1/2 hour from Sioux Falls where Augie is located...otherwise I see him playing at Northwestern (IA) which is a 1/2 hour or soo south. I am not going to comment whether or not this is the right of wrong thing to do, but the kid has to be happy and from what I have heard he is beating himself up over this decision..... being close to home is what will make him the happiest in my opinion. Great to be apart of Bisonville.

Minnyme.

tony
08-22-2007, 06:27 AM
I honestly think that this kid will go to school close to home. Ellsworth, MN is only a 1/2 hour from Sioux Falls where Augie is located...otherwise I see him playing at Northwestern (IA) which is a 1/2 hour or soo south. I am not going to comment whether or not this is the right of wrong thing to do, but the kid has to be happy and from what I have heard he is beating himself up over this decision..... being close to home is what will make him the happiest in my opinion. Great to be apart of Bisonville.

Minnyme.

Thanks, Minnyme. I hate to hear that he's having a tough time but if staying close to home it important, then he should stay close to home (and have a great time, I hope).

lakesbison
08-22-2007, 06:38 AM
well i was right about the ft dodge IOWA kid. that WAS Cody's scholly that he passed up last week DAMMIT!

I know Cody's coach and A.D etc are pushing NDSU on him bigtime.. its just gonna be a waste if he follows his GirlFriend. to augustana.. eww

tony
08-22-2007, 06:52 AM
I know Cody's coach and A.D etc are pushing NDSU on him bigtime.. its just gonna be a waste if he follows his GirlFriend. to augustana.. eww

It'd be a bigger waste, from my perspective, if a kid came to NDSU without being fully committed and later transferred to a DII school.

Of course, it could happen the other way - a person could come to NDSU, love it, and never look back.

SDbison
08-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Was this kid really DI caliber if he will settle for a DII or DIII school? Can't believe in today's world that a guy would think being a 3 or 4 hour drive from home would be too far. Hmmm, doesn't sound very grown up to me.
Flame away, but if he has that big of concerns about the little stuff then he isn't ready to travel around the country like a DI schedule will require.

Swat_Team10
08-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Might as well get my two cents in on this one too.....drop the kid...sounds "soft". The ultimate worst thing to be labeled by a fan, coach, teamate, etc. No way in hell NDSU would have had such a nice start to DI basketball if it had soft kids like this. This crew playing, has been very committed to each other and the program. That makes me wonder if the kid is even a good fit. I say we get the kid from Killdeer and call it a done class. Once that is done the staff will need to get out and find the next PG for the program!

SirHinn
08-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Might as well get my two cents in on this one too.....drop the kid...sounds "soft". The ultimate worst thing to be labeled by a fan, coach, teamate, etc. No way in hell NDSU would have had such a nice start to DI basketball if it had soft kids like this. This crew playing, has been very committed to each other and the program. That makes me wonder if the kid is even a good fit. I say we get the kid from Killdeer and call it a done class. Once that is done the staff will need to get out and find the next PG for the program!

If only getting the "kid" from Killdeer were that easy. Hopefully sooner versus later they address the point guard situation because if Woody goes down, it is kind of scary.

minnyme
08-23-2007, 01:03 AM
I wonder what Richmond and the boys are thinking. Richmond recruited this kid non-stop 24/7. I have heard through the grapvine that they told Cody that their biggest fear was him telling them no. They love this kid and want him awfully bad. Lets hope he decides to wear the Green and gold. Would love to see it.

NDSUstudent
08-23-2007, 01:19 AM
I don't know if I would be calling a kid soft because he is taking his time in making a decision on where he wants to go school. Its a big decision in a kids life. Hopefully he finds a place that he is most comfortable going to, even if it might mean not going to the place his coach or girlfriend want him to go.

onbison09
08-23-2007, 03:47 PM
What happens if they break up?? I don't mean that as a slam but if you go somewhere just b/c your gf is there and something happens then what do you do?

Swat_Team10
08-23-2007, 04:07 PM
NDSUstudent...are you his mom or what??? The kid has been on campus and been offered a free education since his junior year. Kids at the division I level are commtiting earlier and earlier, its not a big deal. He has been around and sounds like he does know what he wants actually. There must be more to the storie...because at this point of over a year of looking at NDSU and other schools, you would think a person at least can make a yes or know decision on a place. I am sure he will make a decision soon. However I would think we can all agree, that you want athletes that WANT to be at NDSU. To see the quotes of the Nagel kid that just committed are very exciting...he is fired up to be a Bison!

SDbison
08-23-2007, 06:34 PM
NDSUstudent...are you his mom or what??? The kid has been on campus and been offered a free education since his junior year. Kids at the division I level are commtiting earlier and earlier, its not a big deal. He has been around and sounds like he does know what he wants actually. There must be more to the storie...because at this point of over a year of looking at NDSU and other schools, you would think a person at least can make a yes or know decision on a place. I am sure he will make a decision soon. However I would think we can all agree, that you want athletes that WANT to be at NDSU. To see the quotes of the Nagel kid that just committed are very exciting...he is fired up to be a Bison!
As I posted earlier, something is wrong with this kid if his decision about where he wants to play basketball is limited because of where his girlfriend is going to college and his desire to stay within an hours drive from home. Two things are most important. Will the school provide him with a good education in the field of his interest and does the athletic program fit his likes. Period. Hopefully this whiny baby crap we have been hearing about this kid is not really true.

bisonhusker
09-14-2007, 05:45 PM
I am officially sick of Schilling. He is brutal. He is really close to going to Augie or Northwestern, the DIII school in Iowa....not the Big 10 school in Chicago. Anyway, if he really wants to be that close to his girlfriend and skip the opportunity to play at this level....then, I don't want him. I want kids who want to play at the highest level. Even though I thought he would be a stud for NDSU, I am officially sick of his wait and see attitude. I hope the coaches decide to go another way, as there are a ton of kids that would love a schollie offer to play for the Bison. It isn't like NDSU is across the country from his family. Just make up your mind. Frustrating.

lakesbison
09-14-2007, 06:31 PM
DUDE.. you're about 2 months late on this!!

YES ... his coach indicated that he might stay "HOME" to be with his stupid "HOT" girlfriend and because his family went to those schools.

My GOD... you live ONCE SON!!! get to the NCAA BIG DANCE !!!

I agree.. im officially done with him... until his coach calls me. haha

bisonhusker
09-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Actually Lakes, this is up to the minute news, and not "speculation." There is a difference between the two. Frustration has set in. I think I could play at D3 Northwestern.

SlickVic
09-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Actually Lakes, this is up to the minute news, and not "speculation." There is a difference between the two. Frustration has set in. I think I could play at D3 Northwestern.

...doubt it

bisonhusker
09-14-2007, 09:11 PM
..........you are probably right. I am more of a D2 player than D3. Classic.

Mr. Burgundy
09-18-2007, 02:50 AM
"Yeah...Dad...I think I am going to pass up a D1 scholarship offer to a team that is going to the dance. Instead, I would like to follow my girlfriend to a D3 school that you will have to pay for.....as they don't offer scholarships. What do you think?"

Ivy
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Give the kid a break. Only he can decide what school is best for him. And he shouldn't be bashed for not doing what you all want regardless of what his reasons are!

SirHinn
09-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Give the kid a break. Only he can decide what school is best for him. And he shouldn't be bashed for not doing what you all want regardless of what his reasons are!

Agreed completely. Perhaps his priorities aren't for playing divison one basketball. Perhaps its not his dreams to potentially be able to play in the big dance. Perhaps we shouldn't actually speculate on his reasons unless we've heard it directly from the man himself.

lakesbison
09-19-2007, 12:48 AM
im still gonna bash him, since I know the whole situation.. hope thats allright with some of you, you can coddle him.. but NDSU IS BIG TIME BBALL NOW!

we can get tough on recruits, goto USC or FLORIDA message board, THEY SAVAGE, DIG UP DIRT, everything to these kids.

husker and I are merely stating FACTS and expressing our disappointment

SirHinn
09-19-2007, 05:12 AM
im still gonna bash him, since I know the whole situation.. hope thats allright with some of you, you can coddle him.. but NDSU IS BIG TIME BBALL NOW!

we can get tough on recruits, goto USC or FLORIDA message board, THEY SAVAGE, DIG UP DIRT, everything to these kids.

husker and I are merely stating FACTS and expressing our disappointment

Just cause they savage and dig up dirt on recruits doesn't mean its right. It's called having some class.

OnTheFifty
09-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Speaking of "speculation"

LakesBison quotes

Yesterday -
"DUDE.. you're about 2 months late on this!!"

2 months ago (on the speculation of going D2)
...."Nope, Nope Nope
SCHILLING=UNI, NDSU, SDSU in that order. take it to the bank."

What's going on??? I am still wondernig what Bank that was?

SDSUJack3031
09-26-2007, 03:55 PM

No, you probably could. They're not good. Good for NAIA, but they couldn't beat any decent DII teams...

02Bison
09-27-2007, 01:42 AM
If the kid wants to go to Northwestern, let him. If the kid wants to be with his girlfriend, let him. Its his choice. Belittling him over speculation about his choice is uncalled for.

Notorious
09-28-2007, 02:22 AM
If he wasn't leaving $50M on the table, it would be easier to understand him wanting to follow his girlfriend....hard to pass up a free education???

minnyme
09-28-2007, 04:10 AM
I believe that he will become a Bison in a matter of days. Just a hunch, but all of his buddies from AAU have committed. I truly believe that his decision will be playing ball for NDSU.

Blue
09-28-2007, 04:36 AM
09-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Cadsev (http://sdsufans.com/board/member.php?u=511) http://sdsufans.com/board/images/sdsuicon/user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_63390", true);
Sophomore
http://sdsufans.com/board/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

http://sdsufans.com/board/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: 2008-09 Recruits
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo22 http://sdsufans.com/board/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?p=63370#post63370)
Cadsev might be the best guy to answer this but anybody could...
Whats the deal with Cody Schilling? I remember seeing that he had all of these offers this summer and now he has seemed to fall off of the table and haven't heard one damn bit about his recruiting..
Does SDSU have any offers or looking at anybody or do they plan on holding it over for a year? or a JC transfer?

He's down to Augustana, Winona and Northwestern (IA, where his brother plays). He turned down NDSU and I'm sure other DI's (including UWGB) for his own reasons. Not sure where he'll end up but it appears it will be close to home.

The problem with the offers rumor mill is that they are rumors. Kid gets a call or a letter from a school and by the time the information passes from one person to another the kid has offers from many schools. Internet message boards add fuel to the fire and in the end everyone seems surprised by the decisions made.......in many cases it's due to limited solid offers.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=777&page=37 bottom of the page.
Cadsev is the director of the Dakota Schoolers summer league basketball team. For some reason I believe this.:hide:

lakesbison
09-28-2007, 05:53 PM
NDSU pulled the offer for god's sake about a month ago when all this went down.. and Cody couldn't make a decision.....how do I know? cuz I know the coach.

thats all I need to say to SDSU fans that think they can DOG OUT NDSU BBALL.

whatever CADSEV!! you're full of $hi!!!

on the fifty- i was right with UNI, NDSU SDSU, UWGB. however, the kid is chasing tail and being a baby and staying near home. thats the bottom line and its a shame, but OH WELL!!

tcbison
09-28-2007, 06:02 PM
I am fine passing on Schilling as long as we can get Austin Dufault!

Blue
09-29-2007, 07:20 AM
lakes seems a little bitter today. someone pee in your lake?

TheDoctor
09-29-2007, 03:04 PM
lakes seems a little bitter today. someone pee in your lake?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ;)

sambini
09-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I am fine passing on Schilling as long as we can get Austin Dufault! We want a western North Dakota young man playing for the BISON++++

SDSUJack3031
09-30-2007, 08:24 PM
NDSU pulled the offer for god's sake about a month ago when all this went down.. and Cody couldn't make a decision.....how do I know? cuz I know the coach.

thats all I need to say to SDSU fans that think they can DOG OUT NDSU BBALL.

whatever CADSEV!! you're full of $hi!!!

on the fifty- i was right with UNI, NDSU SDSU, UWGB. however, the kid is chasing tail and being a baby and staying near home. thats the bottom line and its a shame, but OH WELL!!

Cadsev knows what he's talking about. He knows more about the recruiting than anyone from the SDSU board (by FAR!!). Maybe NDSU did pull it, but Schilling still didn't accept so maybe that counts as turning them down. Maybe he'll go to one of these schools, still get a free education, and be really successful. Either way, it's his decision and I think he'll be ok. The real question is: will you?

Bryan
10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
New story on Arizona State Scout site today on Dufault.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=685668

Here are a couple little tidbits for those that can't read it

The 6-8 210 Austin Dufault visited Arizona State, North Dakota State and Colorado in the month of September. A third school may or may not receive a visit from him, and that it is contingent on the program recruiting him.

”If I’m going to visit any other schools, it’s just gonna be Minnesota,” said Dufault. “That’s gonna be my last (visit). Maybe I’m gonna visit them this weekend, we’re still talking.

Dufault added that he’s probably going to wait “a week at the most” until the Golden Gophers settle one way or another on a resolution.

During this time of waiting, Dufualt isn’t trying to sort out a leader among the schools he already visited. “I’m not sure which of the three I like the best,” he said. “They’re all very even. I’m talking to my parents about this, and we’re gonna wait until we hear back from Minnesota before we make a decision on them (three schools).” He expects to make a decision in the next few weeks.

sambini
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks Bryan for the update.

BisonSig
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM
New story on Arizona State Scout site today on Dufault.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=685668

Here are a couple little tidbits for those that can't read it

The 6-8 210 Austin Dufault visited Arizona State, North Dakota State and Colorado in the month of September. A third school may or may not receive a visit from him, and that it is contingent on the program recruiting him.

”If I’m going to visit any other schools, it’s just gonna be Minnesota,” said Dufault. “That’s gonna be my last (visit). Maybe I’m gonna visit them this weekend, we’re still talking.

Dufault added that he’s probably going to wait “a week at the most” until the Golden Gophers settle one way or another on a resolution.

During this time of waiting, Dufualt isn’t trying to sort out a leader among the schools he already visited. “I’m not sure which of the three I like the best,” he said. “They’re all very even. I’m talking to my parents about this, and we’re gonna wait until we hear back from Minnesota before we make a decision on them (three schools).” He expects to make a decision in the next few weeks.

Where ever this young man ends up, that school is finding a gem. Everything I hear about him is positive. Let's hope he will be wearing Green and Gold and just traveling 5 hours to school. :)

sambini
10-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Good Luck To Him Where Ever He Attends School.

lakesbison
10-01-2007, 10:55 PM
BLUE-- toooouche~ I liked that BURN!!

well.. schilling is old news I guess.

its turning into a dufault thread!

sambini
10-02-2007, 01:14 AM
lakes seems a little bitter today. someone pee in your lake? Get well Lakes ++++

Jdubs21
10-03-2007, 02:20 AM
why dont we jsut delete this thread, obiviously he isnt coming here so GET OVER IT!! we got Mr. Dufault to think about :D

sambini
10-03-2007, 03:38 AM
Move on++++

CaBisonFan
10-03-2007, 06:10 AM
9.20pm. Still Waitin And THATS NOT GOOD NEWS . . DAMMIT! . . . PRAY 4 tuesday . . else im afraid the offer will be pulled. CRIEGHTON, UNI ARE OTHERS . . . HMM

Dumb question: Who is Schilling...where from, etc?

SDSUJack3031
10-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Cody Schilling from Ellsworth, MN. Small school in the southwest corner of the state. Plays for the SD Schoolers I believe, possibly the Heat but I think it's the Schoolers. He's good, but not an outstanding player. His knock on him is that he's not "that" athletic. From what I get out of him (I've never seen him play) is that he's a winner and knows how to do it. He just knows how to get the ball in the basket. His older brother plays for Northwestern in IA, an NAIA school in the GPAC and I think he's possibly thinking about going there. According the Cadsev, he's thinking about Augustana, Winona St. and Northwester IA. He's better than those schools but he wants to stay home. Coming off to everyone on this board like he's a big homer.

~Hope that helps you out~

Someone correct me if I'm off on any of that..but I think that's all 100% correct to my knowledge. I'm from a close town to where he is from.

minnyme
10-05-2007, 04:37 AM
SDSU JAXKS:

Here is what I have to say about Cody. I live in SW. Minnesota. I have seen this kid play alot. The best player to come out of this area the last 10 years was Steve Esselink (Hills Beaver Creek) who first went to Augie, had social problems there....then Transfered to Minnesota and played there for a year or two......before finally playing one year at University of Sioux Falls.....Cody is not as athletic as Esselink was (Esselink could jump out of the gym) but he is much more smarter. He does more things for a team than one can understand. In my opinion they have him playing out of position. He plays the point and the reason is obvious....no one else on the team can.......He is not a point guard. He is a rebounding machine both offensively and defensively. I have not seen a kid do the so called "dirty work" like he does. He also distributes the rock unexpectedly to wide open teamates, again this works at the high school level, but will it work in College? We Shall see. Word on the street is that he has really hit the weights this off season.......will be very difficult to keep out of the lane with his added strength. The most disappoining thing for me to comprehend is the fact that he traveled all over the country this summer playing in Tournaments in Minneapolis, Indianapois, Lexington, and Las Vegas.......excelling at all of the Venues I kid you not!! Now after playing all this ball this Summer he is staying close to home..WTF!! I blame the parents for this.....to me from what I hear around these parts is that they want to see him play every game......Come on people, your son has a tremendous upside and I know that the kid could play at the Division I level.....hands down, there is no doubt in my mind. Goind to NDSU is what this kid needs to do and NDSU would love to have this kid, I saw Ben Woodside and Brett Winkleman play in high school.....Schilling is better than those two, I kid you not......ahh, this frustrates me to no end. If he doesnt go to a D1 school this will be a big disappointment for this area and definitly this state. The kid can play. I guarantee you that.

realisttoo
10-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Not better than Woodside, somewhat similar to Winkleman... better ball skills, not the athleticism. Played for the SD Heat this summer, had a good summer. Would be an ok DI player but will never blow your socks off with his play. At the end of the night though he will have good all around numbers. If the Bison can get Dufault, they definitely get the player with the biggest upside! No Question.

SDSUJack3031
10-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I completely agree with Steve E. He was a great player and a blast to watch in HS! I have no idea if it's his parents keeping him back, but something is there. It's obviously a personal choice of his and we must respect that of course.

Realistoo: I could see how he isn't better than Woodside and Winkelman was very athletic in HS. He just couldn't dribble with his left hand. I can understand how Default would be a better fit for the Bison, he's a big man and the Bison (as well as SDSU next year) will need it. Thanks for the info on the Heat. I couldn't remember which team it was.

Mr. Burgundy
10-07-2007, 09:27 PM
The timing is perfect for Default. He can sign with NDSU, Winks is an upper classman who he can really learn from and he can step in and be a 4 year contributor to an up and coming program. NDSU gave him a nice little list of team that we have been successful against....and made him well aware that ASU has not been that successful recently. I would love this decision to come soon, as hoop is starting and it would be great timing. Stay home kid!!!! Oh, and the Schilling talk is old. He made his choice. Done.

Jdubs21
10-08-2007, 01:32 AM
why the hell are we still talkin about schilling...delete this thread and lets make one for this years future "ND Mr. Basketball" lol