PDA

View Full Version : wiki - ndsu football

99Bison
08-10-2007, 04:02 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison_football

Looks to have been created/edited by a 'someone else.'

Anyone edit wiki with non rival school ties?

Bisonguy
08-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Yay! Whoever it was, they added a couple College Division national championships!!

Scooter1
08-10-2007, 01:48 PM
It should read...

North Dakota State University football has a long tradition of winning football. Nicknamed the Bison, NDSU is in the final year of reclassification to become playoff elligible in the FCS, formerly Division IAA. A new member to the FCS, the Bison are turning heads and proving they are worthy of the jump in classification by regularly finishing in the top twentyfive in the FCS nationally. The Bison are known as one of the premier football programs in Division II history. Since Division II began a playoff format in 1972, no team has played in more championship games than the Bison of NDSU. No team has won more Division II championships than the Bison of NDSU. Over a ten year span, the Bison played in 7 national championship games, winning 5 national championships. NDSU is currently are a member of the Great West conference but have accepted an invitation to join the Gateway conference beginning in 2008. NDSU plays in one of the premier facilities in all of the FCS, a 19000+ seat indoor facility named the Fargodome.

bisonaudit
08-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Then go change it.

Bison bison
08-10-2007, 04:44 PM
That is absolutely hilarious.

Scooter1
08-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Because random people shouldn't be able to edit an information base like wikipedia. I know it's possible, but when does it end. Nothing was technically incorrect.

Sidenote...The edit "currently involved in a one sided rivalry with the Gophers." is the funniest thing I have seen in a while.

onbison09
08-10-2007, 04:49 PM
He said it right with the faux rivalry I'm sorry to say. We had eight national championships in D2 also not 7 Scooter1. Don't worry about it but I don't like to see us get cut short.

onbison09
08-10-2007, 04:51 PM
It also says five national championships on the D2 national championships page. Lesson: Don't trust wikipedia.

NDSUFREAK
08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Currently involved in a one sided rivalry with the Minnesota Golden Gophers

lakes..is that you? :p

Scooter1
08-10-2007, 06:03 PM
He said it right with the faux rivalry I'm sorry to say. We had eight national championships in D2 also not 7 Scooter1. Don't worry about it but I don't like to see us get cut short.

I said that NDSU played in 7 championship games under the playoff format, winning 5 of those games, stating that these games came in a ten year period. Please read closer. But you are right I should have mentioned the bowl championships also. 5+3=8

onbison09
08-10-2007, 06:26 PM
I said that NDSU played in 7 championship games under the playoff format, winning 5 of those games, stating that these games came in a ten year period. Please read closer. But you are right I should have mentioned the bowl championships also. 5+3=8

Sorry Scooter all is forgiven.

Bisonguy
08-10-2007, 08:57 PM

NDSU has five DII national championships. The other three national championships were in the College Division, before the NCAA created the divisions in 1973.