PDA

View Full Version : Answer Me Please???

bigboi
08-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Can Some One Please Tell Me Why Paschall Is Coaching And And Not Playing??????? Note: He Only Practice One Day And Has Not Seen The Field Since?uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Bisonguy
08-10-2007, 02:22 AM
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=11358

lakesbison
08-10-2007, 02:35 AM
Where Is Dj!!!! Answer That Please!!

bigboi
08-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Where Is Dj!!!! Answer That Please!!

if you go to practice baby you will see.

bigboi
08-10-2007, 02:41 AM
do you need a number. #34 baby

NDSUFREAK
08-10-2007, 02:58 AM
do you need a number. #34 baby
ok. baby:p

lakesbison
08-10-2007, 05:12 AM
34 = future STAR... like the 1st game!!

tony
08-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah, Paschall is waiting for transcripts. Nobody wants an ineligible player to hit the field for NDSU; obviously, that would be a disaster. If he's going to be eligible, I hope he gets back on the field ASAP.

The only good news from this is that some guys should get a couple more reps a day while we're waiting.

SDbison
08-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah, Paschall is waiting for transcripts. Nobody wants an ineligible player to hit the field for NDSU; obviously, that would be a disaster. If he's going to be eligible, I hope he gets back on the field ASAP.

The only good news from this is that some guys should get a couple more reps a day while we're waiting.
I would think with all the staff that supports Bison athletics someone would have followed up to see that everything was taken care of prior to fall camp starting. This isssue and the one with the new LB from Wisconsin seem to point out that new recruits should be monitored to identify grade / transcript issues that might be corrected over the summer. Is it possible the LB could have retaken a class over the summer to bring his credits / GPA in line with requirements? A red flag should have gone up with Paschall as he had previous transcript issues. No one looked into that possible problem area since he signed?

Scooter1
08-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I thought that Paschall's problem was due to a red tape issue at another slow moving school records office. What do you want the staff to do, barge into the records office and start rummaging through the files? They already stated that this problem is out of Paschall's hands. If they are anything like the records office at MSUM, good luck. Hell, when I was a freshman at MSUM, they (1)dropped me from their rolls because my high school said they thought I was going to attend Concordia. (2) cancelled my student ID and made me get a new one. (3)Didn't take out the old ID number which was numerically lower than my new number so the computers showed me for two years as having a 0.0 gpa (3) put me on accademic probation becasue of this computer glitch. (4) Cancelled my financial aid 3 times because of this glitch. (took intervention from the MSUM president to remove the original student ID number after a year and a half to fix problem. (5) recieved feedback letters from MSUM every quarter until I was a junior asking why I decided not to attend MSUM. For these reasons, I think you may be making something out of nothing.

Also, what are the rules and regulations to helping a kid qualify for eligibility before he enters a university to play sports? Can NDSU be involved in this process in any way? Someone help out in this...

SDbison
08-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I thought that Paschall's problem was due to a red tape issue at another slow moving school records office. What do you want the staff to do, barge into the records office and start rummaging through the files? They already stated that this problem is out of Paschall's hands. I think you may be making something out of nothing.

Also, what are the rules and regulations to helping a kid qualify for eligibility before he enters a university to play sports? Can NDSU be involved in this process in any way? Someone help out in this...
Scooter, how long has it been since Paschall signed to play at NDSU? Wasn't he already between schools due to the transcript issues. Does it take 6 months for transcripts to get prepared and sent? I don't think so. As for getting involved in academic qualifications, if it looks like a new student athlete has an issue with one class or grade, I would think the coach could encourage him to enroll in summer school. I believe any further involvement would be a problem.

56BISON73
08-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Doesnt NDSU have a compliance office that handles all of this??? PL

sambini
08-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Yes Colleen Heimstad is in charge.

BisonNeil
08-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Scooter, how long has it been since Paschall signed to play at NDSU? Wasn't he already between schools due to the transcript issues. Does it take 6 months for transcripts to get prepared and sent? I don't think so. As for getting involved in academic qualifications, if it looks like a new student athlete has an issue with one class or grade, I would think the coach could encourage him to enroll in summer school. I believe any further involvement would be a problem.

Imagine for a moment that you are Geo S and a player left your program and is joinging another program, an elite program you will be likely playing soon. Do you think the request for credits and grades would be at the top of your pile or continually shoved lower? I guarantee you it is the later.

We have had graduate students transfer into NDSU from another university, same story. When you are depending on others to help you out and there is little or no impetus for them to do so, you can hold the bag for a very long time.

Bisonguy
08-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Kolpack reported in today's The Forum that Paschall was practicing with the team again on Friday.

SDbison
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Imagine for a moment that you are Geo S and a player left your program and is joinging another program, an elite program you will be likely playing soon. Do you think the request for credits and grades would be at the top of your pile or continually shoved lower? I guarantee you it is the later.

We have had graduate students transfer into NDSU from another university, same story. When you are depending on others to help you out and there is little or no impetus for them to do so, you can hold the bag for a very long time.
Sorry, that is no excuse. Not to mention someone in a position to make a difference should have followed up to make it happen well before fall practice started.

bigboi
08-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Ok Fargo Im Going Back To Houston Today. I Wont To Tell Everybody I Really Love Here. See Yall Soon. Note: We Are All In This Together. Go Bison.

silkamilkamonico
08-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Ok Fargo Im Going Back To Houston Today. I Wont To Tell Everybody I Really Love Here. See Yall Soon. Note: We Are All In This Together. Go Bison.

How does DJ like it up here, do you know?

BISON Thunder
08-11-2007, 08:01 PM

Be back for the opener?

BisonNeil
08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry, that is no excuse. Not to mention someone in a position to make a difference should have followed up to make it happen well before fall practice started.

It's not an excuse, it is a basic fact, life, the way it is. Too bad you can't understand that.

bigboi
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
How does DJ like it up here, do you know?

DJ LOVES UP THERE.HE COULDNT BE IN A BETTER PLACE. NOW I SEE WHY ND GET A LOT OF GUYS TO COME TO FARGO.

bigboi
08-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Be back for the opener?

I WILL BE THERE WHEN YOU PLAY SAM HOUSTON AND SFA

SDbison
08-12-2007, 04:35 PM
It's not an excuse, it is a basic fact, life, the way it is. Too bad you can't understand that.
Too bad that you accept that it is OK for some lazy state paid workers to not do their job and screw up other peoples lives.

SDbison
08-12-2007, 04:46 PM
DJ LOVES UP THERE.HE COULDNT BE IN A BETTER PLACE. NOW I SEE WHY ND GET A LOT OF GUYS TO COME TO FARGO.
What did you think of the facilities bigboi? Did you get tour of the lockerroom, mediaroom and coaches offices in the Fargodome? How about the field and seating in the Fargodome? Did you take a look around campus.....many new buildings in progress or near completed. Also, did you get around Fargo-Moorhead much, restaurants, etc? Hope everyone treated you well.

Bisonguy
08-12-2007, 04:52 PM

Just make sure to get out to the west lots 5 hours before kickoff for some tailgating! :hungry: :cheers:

SDbison
08-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Those will be great games to attend bigboi. The tailgate lots will be packed for both games and they should both be near sellouts. Come on over to our tailgate area in the west lot (drinking allowed). We are usually located just to the left and a few rows down from the entrance into the west lot (near the porta-pottys in front of the tree belt). There will be several rigs corraled together. Just ask for SDbison,TransAmBison, Bisonguy, BisonSig, TCbison, BisonBryce or Bisonfan1. I know I am leaving a bunch out, but we all have a great time and cook up way too much food. Stop on by, we are sure to have chicken, ribs and lots of other stuff you can sample. I wil get you a beer or your favorite beverage. Do you know ol'ball coach? Will he or others be coming with you?

56BISON73
08-12-2007, 06:21 PM

NDSU isnt the only institution that has had that problem. BUT its usually NOT the school where the player transferred TO being the problem. Its where they came FROM. Some registrars offices are more effecient than others. Some for some reason sit on their hands no mater how many phone calls. Plus they then have to go thru the NCAA clearinghouse.
It happens. PL

bigboi
08-12-2007, 10:13 PM
What did you think of the facilities bigboi? Did you get tour of the lockerroom, mediaroom and coaches offices in the Fargodome? How about the field and seating in the Fargodome? Did you take a look around campus.....many new buildings in progress or near completed. Also, did you get around Fargo-Moorhead much, restaurants, etc? Hope everyone treated you well.

ndsu has some of the best facilities i have ever seen. we have been to alot of big time schools and havent seen the things in fargo. im going to put them on my sons list to visit. he is a senior at northshore this year . I LOVE IT

Scooter1
08-13-2007, 01:19 AM
ndsu has some of the best facilities i have ever seen. we have been to alot of big time schools and havent seen the things in fargo. im going to put them on my sons list to visit. he is a senior at northshore this year . I LOVE IT

:welcome: , Glad to here someone liked Fargo. Remember guys, keep the conversation to Bison football only and no PM's, we can't be caught trying to recruit this guys kid. Let the coaches do their job. I'd hate to see some type of penalty levied down on the Bison on the eave of becoming playoff elligible. It may be wise to refrain from asking how he is doing this year, also. We just can't get involved, I can't stress that enough.:badpc:

Did I mention: Let the Coaches Do Their Job?

That's all, have a nice day.