PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change in TV service......

WYOBISONMAN
08-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Today I broke down and put in a DirectTV system. Our cable provider out here in WYO could not come close to the programing DTV has. I am sure I will see more Bison games with DTV than when I went the ESPN GamePlan package with my cable provider. If NDSU games do show up on GamePlan as they did last year I can order on a game by game basis.

It will also be interesting to see if that America Channel turns into anything. If it does, I would imaging DTV would have it.

As an added bonus, I get to watch my hapless MN Vikings and thier stomach churning brand of NFL football every Sunday!!

KC_Hats
08-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Welcome to the club. I'm a DirecTV subscriber and I won't even consider cable or the Dish Network. Sign up for the Sports Pack and you will have a bunch of games this fall.

56BISON73
08-10-2007, 04:29 AM
Welcome to the club. I'm a DirecTV subscriber and I won't even consider cable or the Dish Network. Sign up for the Sports Pack and you will have a bunch of games this fall.

KC
Whats the difference between Dish and Direct TV???? I have dish and thinking of switching. Any help is appreciated. PL

lakesbison
08-10-2007, 05:08 AM
direct tv has NFL, NHL and MLB packages that are SWEET!

you get the FOX SPORTS package on direct tv and get every regional FSN type show.

I saw NDSU on Comcast and Altitude last couple years.

plus, Direct tv customer service is awesome!!

mn-bison
08-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Lakes, is the Fox Sports and additional pack to add to the standard Direct TV packages? I didn't see the Fox Sports in any of their packs...

Trim
08-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Anyone have an opinion on Mid-Continent cable? They are coming to West Fargo.

Bisonguy
08-10-2007, 01:10 PM

Mid-Continent > CableOne

RedRiver
08-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Lakes, is the Fox Sports and additional pack to add to the standard Direct TV packages? I didn't see the Fox Sports in any of their packs...

You get Fox Sports for your region in the basic package. I get FSN North, channel 641 as part of basic lineup.

HerdBot
08-10-2007, 01:33 PM

I used to live in "ugh" Grand Forks and I had Mid Continent and they SUCK! Even worse than Cable One! The worst customers service ever! The picture would have little squares on it and the internet would go out once a week and I'd have to wait on the phone with customer service for 45 minutes.

Dish Network and DirecTV are silimar but I decided to got with DirecTV because the sports package is awesome.

BTW... try Qwest and they will bundle your DirecTV and Internet.

HerdBot
08-10-2007, 01:36 PM

FSNN is included. They don't show it on the website because each area comes with a regional Fox sports channel. For an extra $11 a month you get every FSN in the country, ESPNU, and more sports than you can ever watch.

onbison09
08-10-2007, 05:06 PM

Amen. There is more football games on there then you can ever watch. Did you watch the K-State basketball game on TV last year?? It was blacked out on our DirecTV but not on my Uncle's and he lives like 25 minutes away.

onbison09
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM

you get the FOX SPORTS package on direct tv and get every regional FSN type show.

What game was on Altitude?? I missed it.

56BISON73
08-10-2007, 07:07 PM

Lakes
Thanks for the info. PL

Hammerhead
08-10-2007, 08:56 PM
We chose DirecTV solely for the Sunday Ticket. My wife and are are both Minnesota Vikings fans and they aren't on broadcast TV much here in Oregon. The local FOX station always used to show the Lions just because Joey Harrington is a hometown boy and was their starting QB.

This is our first year with the sports pack so we should be able to catch a Bison game or two.

KC_Hats
08-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Amen. There is more football games on there then you can ever watch. Did you watch the K-State basketball game on TV last year?? It was blacked out on our DirecTV but not on my Uncle's and he lives like 25 minutes away.

I missed the K-State basketball game (my companies Christmas Party) but it was on in this area because I get K-State games. The Sports Pack is awesome because you can watch almost anything all year. Northern Colorado was a game on Altitude (I don't know if they still broadcast them after the down years though).

My parents had DirecTV and switched to Dish Network when local channels became available in North Dakota. They switched to Dish Network because it was cheaper in the most basic package. After switching they noticed alot of the channels they watched weren't available so they added channels and now pay as much or more than they would have with DirecTV. DirecTV also does a far better job of grouping channel groups so you don't have to jump all over the place to find like shows. All the kids show channels are grouped, all sports channels are grouped etc.

56BISON73
08-11-2007, 02:41 AM

I just checked out my Dish package and have all that also even though I dont buy the pro sports packages. So I am trying to figure out what the difference is. PL

WYOBISONMAN
08-11-2007, 04:39 AM

That sounds great!!

onbison09
08-11-2007, 05:29 PM
I missed the K-State basketball game (my companies Christmas Party) but it was on in this area because I get K-State games. The Sports Pack is awesome because you can watch almost anything all year. Northern Colorado was a game on Altitude (I don't know if they still broadcast them after the down years though).
My parents had DirecTV and switched to Dish Network when local channels became available in North Dakota. They switched to Dish Network because it was cheaper in the most basic package. After switching they noticed alot of the channels they watched weren't available so they added channels and now pay as much or more than they would have with DirecTV. DirecTV also does a far better job of grouping channel groups so you don't have to jump all over the place to find like shows. All the kids show channels are grouped, all sports channels are grouped etc.

They still broadcast them and they usually have a Big Sky game of the week.

SDbison
08-11-2007, 06:26 PM
That sounds great!!
The way to do it is sign up for DirecTV and then add Sportspack (the day before the Cal Poly game. After 30 days you can cancel and only have to pay for one month (about $10.00).

KC_Hats
08-11-2007, 08:49 PM
There are a ton of college basketball games on the Sports Pack during the winter. There is also beach volleyball, college volleyball, college baseball. Well worth the money.

56BISON73
08-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Made the switch from Dish to Dirct TV this weekend. Installation is scheduled for the 20th. Plus got 10.00 off per month and a 50.00 gift card and free DVR. 59.99 for the first 4 months for everything. Then 99.99.
PL

imabison
08-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Made the switch from Dish to Dirct TV this weekend. Installation is scheduled for the 20th. Plus got 10.00 off per month and a 50.00 gift card and free DVR. 59.99 for the first 4 months for everything. Then 99.99.
PL
Humm, I already Fox sports North in my Direct TV package. I wonder if that will include any NDSU games that are broadcast on Fox Sports North.

I guess time will tell.

KC_Hats
08-14-2007, 01:26 AM
I talked with DirecTV tonight and they said that if it were up to DirecTV they would show the customers everthing but sometimes the local area blacks a game out for various reasons. Most of the time the blackouts are due to lack of a sellout or some other reason. They said if you have the Sports Pack you receive the feed directly from the area the game originates so if the game isn't blacked out there you should be able to get the game. Nobody could guarantee that I would get the game here in the KC area but it sounds more like a sure thing because I'm sure NDSU won't black the game out since they are wanting as much exposure as possible.

IL_Bison
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
I used to live in "ugh" Grand Forks and I had Mid Continent and they SUCK! Even worse than Cable One! The worst customers service ever! The picture would have little squares on it and the internet would go out once a week and I'd have to wait on the phone with customer service for 45 minutes.

Dish Network and DirecTV are silimar but I decided to got with DirecTV because the sports package is awesome.

BTW... try Qwest and they will bundle your DirecTV and Internet.

Have you had good luck with Qwest internet? I assume that wireless is an option right? What do you pay per month? I pay damn near $100 for wireless internet plus cable TV (expanded basic) through cableone, I think I could do better.

Just read in the Forum that CableOne has no plans to add the Big Ten Network to expanded basic cable. I'm definitely getting DirecTV before Big 10 basketball season.

onbison09
08-20-2007, 09:49 PM
The Gopher game was on FSN North. The only time you have a problem with blackouts is when it is on a sports package. (Ex. Gameplan, Full Court) You should get the NDSU-UM game no problem. DirecTV doesn't control the blackouts at all it is all on local distribution rules.