PDA

View Full Version : anygivensaturday.com

admin
08-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Man, I hope AGS isn't gone for good (it's not coming up for me - domain registration has expired). Given that traffic that site generates, it'd be very expensive to replace - and it'd take years to get the replacement to point at which the old site was.

Speaking of expired domain names, I've got diaafootball.com and am starting to get the 2007 version ready. Problem is that the name isn't any good anymore so I need a new one.

fcs.com, thefcs.com, fcsfootball.com, and fcsfans.com are all taken.

fcsguide.com or fcsonline.com sound OK? I'm having a hard time coming up with a decent name - suggestions are welcome.

roadwarrior
08-09-2007, 02:09 PM
ags works for me.

Shawn-O
08-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Not working here.

NDSUFREAK
08-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Well there already is a new board for fcs and that is Championshipsubdivision.com.

roadwarrior
08-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Still working for me at 1:53 pm, although I noticed there are only 96 users on the system. Usually it is 300-400 when I check it out.

tony
08-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Well there already is a new board for fcs and that is Championshipsubdivision.com.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that the board can't handle the traffic AGS could.

Edit: Woot! AGS is back up for me!

BisonBabe
08-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I still can't access the site. Must be limited access available. New messages says Coming Soon! This domain name was registered through ItsYourDomain

tony
08-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I still can't access the site. Must be limited access available. New messages says Coming Soon! This domain name was registered through ItsYourDomain

It might take a couple hours.

From AGS:

Seems those trusty http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif spam filters got the domain renewal emails and AGS service was interrupted. Fixed now. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/oops.gif

BisonBabe
08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I was beginning to wonder if I needed the secret handshake :D

Bisonguy
08-09-2007, 08:56 PM
AGS needs to register the domain name for a longer timeframe. Didn't this happen last year, with a longer (one or two days) time before the domain name was resolved?

BisonBabe
08-09-2007, 09:05 PM
AGS needs to register the domain name for a longer timeframe. Didn't this happen last year, with a longer (one or two days) time before the domain name was resolved?

I don't know but it sure is frustrating.

Bisonguy
08-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I still can't get on AGS. :ranting:

IIRC, CableOne was one of the last ISP's in the nation to resolve the DNS last time. :ranting: :ranting:

filbert
08-10-2007, 01:59 AM
They were gone, now they're back.

Here's the explanation/sigh of relief thread: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27539

With luck their DNS update will propagate soonest . . .

NDSUFREAK
08-10-2007, 02:03 AM
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that the board can't handle the traffic AGS could.

Edit: Woot! AGS is back up for me!
with what it is turning out to be it definitely could

NDSUFREAK
08-10-2007, 02:04 AM
They were gone, now they're back.

Here's the explanation/sigh of relief thread: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27539

With luck their DNS update will propagate soonest . . .
how are you guys accessing this!! it always come up as error - cant display page. :ranting:

BisonBabe
08-10-2007, 02:07 AM
how are you guys accessing this!! it always come up as error - cant display page. :ranting:

Try clearing out your cookies and temp files. I could not access at work but at 7pm when I tried from home I was able to get on. I think it is hit and miss for members to get back on. Evidently not everyone was affected for too long.

Bisonguy
08-10-2007, 02:13 AM

It's the nature of the interweb. The DNS info hasn't been updated in our neck of the woods, especially with CableOne.

TheDoctor
08-11-2007, 03:27 PM
It's the nature of the interweb. The DNS info hasn't been updated in our neck of the woods, especially with CableOne.

CABLE ONE~!

Hammersmith
08-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Is anyone else still having problems? For the three days, I've only been able to access AGS in the late evening. Mornings, afternoons and early evenings I still get the "cannot display the webpage" error. I'm on Cableone.net, BTW.

Bisonguy
08-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Is anyone else still having problems? For the three days, I've only been able to access AGS in the late evening. Mornings, afternoons and early evenings I still get the "cannot display the webpage" error. I'm on Cableone.net, BTW.

I'm on CableOne, and I'd be happy if I could if I could access it in the late evenings. I can't even get that far :banghead:

NDSUFREAK
08-11-2007, 10:26 PM
I can access is on Loretel here at the lakes even!

Bisonguy
08-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I can access is on Loretel here at the lakes even!

Do you have CableoOne at home, and can you access it there?

NDSUFREAK
08-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Do you have CableoOne at home, and can you access it there?
yup cableone at home and can't access it there. even though the last time i checked it was friday at noon. besides i have to get a new modem too by the 1st because of cableone. anyone get that message before they get on to explorer?

Hammersmith
08-11-2007, 11:27 PM
yup cableone at home and can't access it there. even though the last time i checked it was friday at noon. besides i have to get a new modem too by the 1st because of cableone. anyone get that message before they get on to explorer?

I just bought a new modem to replace my rental when it went out, but while I was choosing which modem to buy, I ran across the list of modems that will no longer work after 1 Sept. My old one was on that list and I probably would've gotten that message if my old Moto 4200 hadn't gone out.

NDSUFREAK
08-12-2007, 02:36 AM
I just bought a new modem to replace my rental when it went out, but while I was choosing which modem to buy, I ran across the list of modems that will no longer work after 1 Sept. My old one was on that list and I probably would've gotten that message if my old Moto 4200 hadn't gone out.
yup, and then you have to unplug it for 3 seconds, plug it in, and then go back on to surf.

TheDoctor
08-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Where is the list? I'll be pissed if mine is on it, I just switched to Cable and bought mine at Wally World a month ago. ALONG with a wireless router. Had to leave Qwest on principle (customer service), otherwise I had no problems with Qwest. ;)

Hammersmith
08-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Where is the list? I'll be pissed if mine is on it, I just switched to Cable and bought mine at Wally World a month ago. ALONG with a wireless router. Had to leave Qwest on principle (customer service), otherwise I had no problems with Qwest. ;)

Here:
http://help.cableone.net/cable/cm/
I'm sure you're fine. You probably bought a Motorola SB5101 which will be supported for several years. Either that or a Linksys BEFCMU10 v.4 which will also be fine for years.

Bisonguy
08-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Finally could access AGS this morning.

Stupid CableOne. :banghead:

roadwarrior
08-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I am on cableone, and have never had a problem getting in :confused:

Bisonguy
08-13-2007, 08:59 PM

You must be on the 'preferred' list. :D

02Bison
08-14-2007, 02:28 AM

Same here...

tony
08-14-2007, 07:13 AM
I'm no expert on the interweb but changes to addresses to do not take place simultaneously. Changes to addresses don't take place simultaneously around the world.

Anyway, AGS was gone but now it is back. Some folks just got lucky that the address change to the "This domain name has expired" page hadn't filtered down to them before the administrator fixed the problem.