PDA

View Full Version : Number of season tickets sold so far

tony
08-08-2007, 07:40 AM
I forget whose question this answers, but season tickets jumped from 5,678 to 6,600. I don't know if more will be sold at this point or not.

Too bad we can't count on constant growth. It'd sure be nice to get a core of 10,000 season ticket holders so NDSU could sell out the season in an hour like Montana. Hehe, gotta have goals.

Link: Shamen on track, Jeff Kolpack, The Forum (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=174306&section=Sports)

The injury to Derrius Colvin is also mentioned - tough deal, hope he recovers fully.

Renegade Rambler
08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
YOU need to Sell the SEATS. It will make the bison a GOOD program. That is how Mason did it. Get some WINS, go to BOWL GAMES and then the people will come. Selling seats will help the Bison U get better facilities, which you need to compete with the likes of Montana, Nebraska-Omaha, etc. You also need a Prexy that SUPPORTS the Bison U and the STUDENT-ATHLETES. You have a good coach (who I heard turned down the Gopher job, as he would not want to deal with the U's Admin -- good decision) and not a ton of debt for bad decisions.

Go GOPHERS and Go Bison U.

Good Luck!

Flintstone
08-08-2007, 12:42 PM
YOU need to Sell the SEATS. It will make the bison a GOOD program. That is how Mason did it. Get some WINS, go to BOWL GAMES and then the people will come. Selling seats will help the Bison U get better facilities, which you need to compete with the likes of Montana, Nebraska-Omaha, etc. You also need a Prexy that SUPPORTS the Bison U and the STUDENT-ATHLETES. You have a good coach (who I heard turned down the Gopher job, as he would not want to deal with the U's Admin -- good decision) and not a ton of debt for bad decisions.

Good Luck!

Is this guy for real?

BigDeal
08-08-2007, 01:23 PM

Good Luck!

I don't know about that. Nebraska-Omaha is pretty darn good.

Bison06
08-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Haha, no disrespect but I don't see NDSU following the great example of how to run a program that UM has laid down.

lakesbison
08-08-2007, 01:37 PM
yea 6600 is sweet, 10,000 IS the goal in 2-3 years,

Its a shame that we cant push HARDER, Ive talked to numerous people on the street, businesses that say "wow, only $90 for NDSU season tickets?"

then I say, YES< GO BUY THEM!!!

Lazyiness is a bad habit.

ahhh just ignore the last 3 posts I guess.

Bison Dan
08-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Haha, no disrespect but I don't see NDSU following the great example of how to run a program that UM has laid down.

Go away! UM has nothing on the Bison.

Bison06
08-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I agree that we need to have more season ticket sales, but you can't tell me you think that this guy isn't off his rocker.

tony
08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Go away! UM has nothing on the Bison.

From the Oxford English Dictionary, My Personal Edition:
sarcasm, noun: The use of irony to mock or conveigh contempt as in "Bison06 made a sarcastic remark about the way the University of Minnesota's athletic department was run which was mistakenly taken at face value by Bison Dan."

Bison06
08-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks Tony, I didn't know what to make of his reply, haha.

SDbison
08-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I forget whose question this answers, but season tickets jumped from 5,678 to 6,600. I don't know if more will be sold at this point or not.

Too bad we can't count on constant growth. It'd sure be nice to get a core of 10,000 season ticket holders so NDSU could sell out the season in an hour like Montana. Hehe, gotta have goals.

Link: Shamen on track, Jeff Kolpack, The Forum (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=174306&section=Sports)

The injury to Derrius Colvin is also mentioned - tough deal, hope he recovers fully.
Thanks Tony.....I was the guy asking for total season ticket sales in the "10 Burning Questions" thread. Would be interesting to plot the growth of teammaker memberships, season ticket sales and attendance over the past ten years to see what the trend is like.

99Bison
08-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Honestly I don't think many people get it yet, especially most of the media around here... or ourselves even. Call it the humble scandinavian syndrome...

The more things become an event ('the thing to do') the more people will attend. Home games on TV, road games on TV, magazine, forum game day print, etc. They all help more than people realize. Everything feeds on everything else and itself.

Redhawks attendance is an example of an 'event,' that's an example how it works folks.

There is so much potential in the area for many things not just NDSU Athletics that everyone doesn't see and doesn't realize... Specifically NDSU athletics has a higher ceiling than most can imagine around here (like hallstroms last blog about tv coverage, the "I guess" says it all). Realistically compare it to similar and smaller DI schools, regions, cities, etc, etc the potential goes on and on.

P.S. No disrespect to Hallstrom, but it shows the point.