PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Bison Media Day

RedRiver
08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Local station 1660ESPN replayed the full Craig Bohl press conference from today's Bison Media Day.

Alot of interesting information. Coach Bohl feels that depth is a huge plus for the team, especially at tailback, wide receiver, and o-line. Redshirt freshman Williams has great speed and can catch the deep ball so he should be a factor at WR. Feels that there is the potential to have 10 o-lineman that could be starters. Roehl will be the starter at tailback, unless someone else absolutely shows up big-time. The d-line is an area of concern, but more so from the depth standpoint. However, with the outstanding talent at linebacker, it should help alleviate the concern at d-line.

Bisonguy
08-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Lots of good stuff in the press conference, but I thought Derek Hanson said they didn't play the full press conference?

Joe Mays should be in the NDSU promotions department after this year. :D

BisonNeil
08-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Local station 1660ESPN replayed the full Craig Bohl press conference from today's Bison Media Day.

Alot of interesting information. Coach Bohl feels that depth is a huge plus for the team, especially at tailback, wide receiver, and o-line. Redshirt freshman Williams has great speed and can catch the deep ball so he should be a factor at WR. Feels that there is the potential to have 10 o-lineman that could be starters. Roehl will be the starter at tailback, unless someone else absolutely shows up big-time. The d-line is an area of concern, but more so from the depth standpoint. However, with the outstanding talent at linebacker, it should help alleviate the concern at d-line.

Interesting comments about depth at D-line, a bit surprised I guess. Although I have openly expressed concern about replacing a great player such as Frick, I thought we were in pretty good shape with multiple players at most positions of nearly equal ability.

Naively I thought Dallas had a really good backup in Compton, who was slated to start last year before fall camp injury ended much of his season. I also thought Fairbairn had a good backup in Schuttloffel, but perhaps the transition from OL to DL has been as smooth as I once understood. I also though Brown was pushed hard by Gratzek for the starting job this spring. My bad. The only question I have had about the two deep roster was the quality behind Lardinois, which is simply an unknown to me.

With injuries and people leaving school and the loss of Dahl, DB was originally my concern on the D. Okay, I am officially a bit nervous, time for a beer and perhaps some white liquor.

imported_Bisongold
08-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Is there a way to listen to Bohl's comments online?

MN_BISON
08-08-2007, 02:09 AM
Is there a way to listen to Bohl's comments online?

It's on gobison.com on All Access but you need to have a membership.

KC_Hats
08-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Remember Coach Bohl was concerned about the defensive line and secondary last year too. Last year's defense only had 1 1/2 bad games, UCD and SDSU.

X-Factor
08-08-2007, 03:32 AM
If anyone watched Wday at 10 I think it puts things into perspective of what Bohl is expecting from his team when he talks about being "concerned about the D-Line"

It appears to me as though Bohl has raised the bar dramatically.

Bisonguy
08-08-2007, 08:58 PM
If anyone watched Wday at 10 I think it puts things into perspective of what Bohl is expecting from his team when he talks about being "concerned about the D-Line"

It appears to me as though Bohl has raised the bar dramatically.

The team and Bohl could not have set the bar much higher.

For those that didn't hear the press conference, one of the team goals is to be the #1 ranked team at the end of the season.