PDA

View Full Version : It's Practice time!

X-Factor
08-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Here is the practice schedule:
Aug. 5 -- Report to campus / Meetings
Aug. 6 -- Testing / Practice 4 p.m.
Aug. 7 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Media Day (Fargodome), 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Aug. 8 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 9 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings / FM Athletics Clinic, 5:30 p.m.
Aug. 10 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 11 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 12 -- Off
Aug. 13 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Practice 4 p.m.
Aug. 14 -- Practice 9:30 am. / Meetings
Aug. 15 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Practice 4 p.m.
Aug. 16 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 17 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 18 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. (scrimmage, Fargodome) / Meetings
Aug. 19 -- Off
Aug. 20 -- School starts, regular practice schedule

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1147719

my apologies of this has already been discussed!

roadwarrior
08-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Two scrimmages are currently scheduled for Aug. 18 (Fargodome) and Sept. 1 (Fargodome).

Tatanka
08-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the info X.

SDbison
08-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Two scrimmages are currently scheduled for Aug. 18 (Fargodome) and Sept. 1 (Fargodome).
Super, as I will be in Fargo on Aug 18 moving my stepdaughter into the dorms. Will be great to attend a scrimmage. Are they still open to the public? I have already talked to Bisonguy about going........anyone else interested? Road will you be there?

NDSUFREAK
08-05-2007, 11:22 PM
If i can i will definitely go watch a practice

roadwarrior
08-05-2007, 11:40 PM
I am pretty sure all practices are open to the public. I might have to make the 18th scrimmage.

No_Skill
08-06-2007, 02:57 AM
I am pretty sure all practices are open to the public. I might have to make the 18th scrimmage.

If only State Softball was in Fargo this year :(

sambini
08-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Practices are open to the public.

Bisonguy
08-06-2007, 03:56 AM
Practices are open to the public.

Where's the public at the Fargodome scrimmages?

In the stands or on the sidelines?

sambini
08-06-2007, 04:02 AM
I've been on both.

TheDoctor
08-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I'll be there! ;)

Scooter1
08-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I heard through a grape vine that one of our linebackers may have an injury. Can someone confirm the health status of Mr Humber?

Bison06
08-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Serious Injury?

Scooter1
08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Nothing life threatening if thats what you mean. I'd say that this grape vine is credible but I'm not going to stake my life on this info either. Any help would be appreciated.

Flintstone
08-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Who would be 2nd on the depth chart?

X-Factor
08-07-2007, 12:25 AM
2, Matt Kittelson, 5-10, 217, So.

SDbison
08-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Nothing life threatening if thats what you mean. I'd say that this grape vine is credible but I'm not going to stake my life on this info either. Any help would be appreciated.
I sincerely hope it is a minor injury versus a season ending one. Since this topic was posted there has been no confirmation so that is good.

Bisonguy
08-07-2007, 03:40 AM

It was reported on WDAY tonight that Derrius Colvin is out (for the year?) with a knee injury.

On another note, Bohl was quoted as saying the RB spot is DEEP. Hallstrom seemed to be impressed by Paschall at practice. Real quick and good hands.

56BISON73
08-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Here is the practice schedule:
Aug. 5 -- Report to campus / Meetings
Aug. 6 -- Testing / Practice 4 p.m.
Aug. 7 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Media Day (Fargodome), 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Aug. 8 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 9 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings / FM Athletics Clinic, 5:30 p.m.
Aug. 10 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 11 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 12 -- Off
Aug. 13 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Practice 4 p.m.
Aug. 14 -- Practice 9:30 am. / Meetings
Aug. 15 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Practice 4 p.m.
Aug. 16 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 17 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. / Meetings
Aug. 18 -- Practice 9:30 a.m. (scrimmage, Fargodome) / Meetings
Aug. 19 -- Off
Aug. 20 -- School starts, regular practice schedule

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1147719

my apologies of this has already been discussed!

They dont do two a days anymore??? PL

SDbison
08-07-2007, 04:05 AM
Aug 13th & 15th are the only two a day practices listed on the schedule. I know the NCAA cracked down, but only two days with two practices?

SDbison
08-07-2007, 04:12 AM
It was reported on WDAY tonight that Derrius Colvin is out (for the year?) with a knee injury.

On another note, Bohl was quoted as saying the RB spot is DEEP. Hallstrom seemed to be impressed by Paschall at practice. Real quick and good hands.
So Humber is OK, correct? Just a bad rumor about him?
Derrius Colvin must have been mistaken for Humber.

Colvin is a 2nd year cornerback. Was he on the 2 deep, or expected to do well this year? Did his injury happen during the first practice today?

X-Factor
08-07-2007, 04:49 AM

Colvin is a 2nd year cornerback. Was he on the 2 deep, or expected to do well this year? Did his injury happen during the first practice today?

Colvin played as a true freshman last fall. He was going to be a backup but with "significant playing time" was the phrase used. I thought this injury happened earlier in the spring but could be wrong.

twowheels
08-07-2007, 12:04 PM

My understanding is: NCAA allows only so many practices before your first game and NDSU's first game isn't until the 8th this year so there doesn't have to be as many two-a-days.

roadwarrior
08-07-2007, 12:52 PM

Also, because of the date school starts (Aug 21), the number of two a days is limited by that also.

mn-bison
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Colvin played as a true freshman last fall. He was going to be a backup but with "significant playing time" was the phrase used. I thought this injury happened earlier in the spring but could be wrong.

Being Colvin is injured, he is able to redshirt and return next year as with 3 years of eligibility left, correct?

Scooter1
08-07-2007, 02:44 PM

Thank god this information is incorrect. This is why I asked for confirmation. It was just to important not to post to get confirmation from another source.

56BISON73
08-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Also, because of the date school starts (Aug 21), the number of two a days is limited by that also.

I think we did 10 days or two weeks of two a days. I never could see the need for that myself except you cut the wheat from the chaff pretty quick on who was going to stay around and who wasnt. PL

Bison06
08-07-2007, 04:38 PM
The rules only allow for 2 a days every other day, after the initial "acclimation" as they call it, which if I recall correctly is about the first 5 days. Also, I don't think they are allowed to be full pads for the first 3-4 practices. All of these rules came down after the player from Northwestern died in a practice session 4-5 yrs ago.

Herd80
08-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I just did a drive-by past the practice field after an errand....saw #44 sprinting around during drills. If, as I recall, Humber wears 44....he looked really quick for an injured guy.

56BISON73
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
The rules only allow for 2 a days every other day, after the initial "acclimation" as they call it, which if I recall correctly is about the first 5 days. Also, I don't think they are allowed to be full pads for the first 3-4 practices. All of these rules came down after the player from Northwestern died in a practice session 4-5 yrs ago.

Thats good to hear because changes needed to be made IMO. Hell there was a time when they wouldnt even let you drink water when you were practicing. Geez its amazing more didnt die during that era. PL

Bison06
08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Thats good to hear because changes needed to be made IMO. Hell there was a time when they wouldnt even let you drink water when you were practicing. Geez its amazing more didnt die during that era. PL

I agree, even though the new age fall camp doesn't compare to days past in terms of being physically and mentally taxing, I believe now the research is out there to prove we are working smarter not harder. Coach Bohl and Coach Kramer know when to push and more importantly when rest is needed. I heard an interview with Ben Leber yesterday on KFAN and he was talking about not really needing to go away from Winter Park to get in shape because players go through such rigorous offseason workouts that they are already in amazing shape coming into camp. I believe this applies to college football now too. I'm not saying players coming into camp in the past have been out of shape, but I think the offseason conditioning that the players go through now brings them into camp in much better shape than in the past. I think it has been this way for decades but the rules are just now catching up to speed with it.

56BISON73
08-07-2007, 07:52 PM
I agree, even though the new age fall camp doesn't compare to days past in terms of being physically and mentally taxing, I believe now the research is out there to prove we are working smarter not harder. Coach Bohl and Coach Kramer know when to push and more importantly when rest is needed. I heard an interview with Ben Leber yesterday on KFAN and he was talking about not really needing to go away from Winter Park to get in shape because players go through such rigorous offseason workouts that they are already in amazing shape coming into camp. I believe this applies to college football now too. I'm not saying players coming into camp in the past have been out of shape, but I think the offseason conditioning that the players go through now brings them into camp in much better shape than in the past. I think it has been this way for decades but the rules are just now catching up to speed with it.

NDSU and Earhardt were way ahead of the curve back in the early 70s. Earhardt new when to have easy practices and hard ones . When we were going to have a hard one he would tell you before hand and tell you WHY? But he didnt dog you all day long. Plus there were water breaks.
He new how to prepare and get the most out of his players. PL