PDA

View Full Version : Some transfers

tony
08-05-2007, 08:54 AM
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/174050

Kolpack reports that NDSU has three new transfers:

CB Freddie Banks (DII Mercyhurst College)
DE Jeff Bohlman (Air Force)
S Garrett Zazula (University of Manitoba)

Also some walk-ons on the offensive line in Zach Johnson (6-3, 290, Horicon, WI) and Will Britt (6-4, 305, Minneapolis DeLaSalle). Wissports.net had reported that Zach Johnson would be walking on months ago, but I think this is the first time I've heard about Will Britt.

Only bad news was that LB recruit Dillon Forbes didn't meet DI's initial eligibily academic standards so he will probably go JUCO or DII if he wants to play FB in college.

Anyway, lots of good stuff in Kolpack's article.

Gully
08-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Interesting. I'm surprised no one on here had a hint of any of that. It's great to see us getting some transfers like that. Not that we have a bunch of glaring holes to fill, but it never hurts to have more talent arrive, especially at corner and DL.

WYOBISONMAN
08-05-2007, 12:45 PM
I agee with Gully........you can never have too much depth.

BisonNeil
08-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Only bad news was that LB recruit Dillon Forbes didn't meet DI's initial eligibily academic standards so he will probably go JUCO or DII if he wants to play FB in college.

It's interesting to me that the staff didn't work to make Forbes academically eligible. If I recall correctly, Buckman and Ebel didn't qualify their freshman year either. Despite not being able to practice with the team and losing their redshirt year, the coaches kept them on and worked with them to become eligible.

Could it be that three years ago the Bison were desperate for OL depth and today we are so deep at LB the coaches decided not to run the risk?

twowheels
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Ebel and Buckman have always been with the team they had no grade issues and did not lose their redshirt year.

Scooter1
08-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Are you sure that it was Ebel? It was a guy that wound up transferring to Mayville State. I think his name was Josh Lee.

Larz
08-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Each case has it's own issues, however, UNL Huskers in one case sent a young player to Whap to get his grade in order, for a year, and now he is back in Lincoln.

Scooter1
08-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Ebel and Buckman have always been with the team they had no grade issues and did not lose their redshirt year.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx (Original text about Buckman having issues deleted since I may be wrong) Josh Lee had issues and was a transfer out of the program.

twowheels
08-05-2007, 06:50 PM
The two line men from the 2005 recruiting class that had grade issues and left NDSU were Josh Lee from Park River and a transferr from the University of Illinois by the name of Tony Sparkman. It is interesting to note that the 2005 recuiting class had 8 OL and there are only 3 remaining. Buckman, Foster & Ebel.

SDbison
08-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Didn't this kid have some academic (high school credit) deficiency to get straightened out before being able to attend NDSU and play football:

69 Wellenstein, Chris OT 6-6 291 Fr. Centerville, S.D. (Centerville HS)

Also thought this kid had some similar issues too:

72 Schuttloffel, Ryan (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=186177&Q_SEASON=2007) DT 6-5 305 So. Sioux Falls, S.D. (Roosevelt HS)

X-Factor
08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Wellenstein didn't actually enroll at NDSU for a year after he was recruited. It could have been grades, but I don't remember the details?!

X-Factor
08-05-2007, 08:18 PM
hey, how about this guy?

5 Richardson, John DB 5-10 190 Jr. Lakewood, Calif. (Mt. San Antonio College) (Mayfair HS)

Looks like another DB tranfer as well

or even:

35 Zazula, Garrett DB 5-9 194 Jr. Tisdale, Sask. (Okanagan Sun)

twowheels
08-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Wellingstin didn't have grade problems, he had a knee injury from a all star game,he has the same injury now that will keep him out of this season. Schuttloffel fixed his grades during the summer of 05 and wasable to come to NDSU with no problems.

SDbison
08-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Wellingstin didn't have grade problems, he had a knee injury from a all star game,he has the same injury now that will keep him out of this season. Schuttloffel fixed his grades during the summer of 05 and wasable to come to NDSU with no problems.
Forbes must not have been able to get his grade issues resolved during the summer. Also ,thanks for the clarification on Wellenstein.

Scooter1
08-06-2007, 12:10 AM
The two line men from the 2005 recruiting class that had grade issues and left NDSU were Josh Lee from Park River and a transferr from the University of Illinois by the name of Tony Sparkman. It is interesting to note that the 2005 recuiting class had 8 OL and there are only 3 remaining. Buckman, Foster & Ebel.

You may be right.

sambini
08-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Welcome to NDSU transfers+++