PDA

View Full Version : July Recruiting

Swat_Team10
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Any scoops on how the July recruiting went for the Bison Staff? They are off the road now, and curious if anybody from MN or ND emerged as prospects worth a scholorship offer from NDSU.

lakesbison
08-03-2007, 04:45 PM
talked to a coach yesterday, MUM IS THE WORD.

funny how quiet it is..

sambini
08-03-2007, 09:25 PM
mR. B anything you've heard?

Mr. Burgundy
08-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Saw all the coaches on Friday. They are really working hard, not any specifics, but they were really fired up as a staff and things seemed to be going pretty good. Sounds like between Ryan and Danny Weisse, the new GA, we really got some good assistants. Great group of guys. I think we have a really good chance on Shilling. Saul just met with them last week. Cross your fingers. It would be sweet if he can be the MN all time leader in scoring and we get him. I hear he isn't all that athletic, but just gets it done and "puts his team on his back."

sambini
08-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks Mr. B for the insight+++

SirHinn
08-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Saw all the coaches on Friday. They are really working hard, not any specifics, but they were really fired up as a staff and things seemed to be going pretty good. Sounds like between Ryan and Danny Weisse, the new GA, we really got some good assistants. Great group of guys. I think we have a really good chance on Shilling. Saul just met with them last week. Cross your fingers. It would be sweet if he can be the MN all time leader in scoring and we get him. I hear he isn't all that athletic, but just gets it done and "puts his team on his back."

Good info as always, appreciate the news!

Swat_Team10
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Mr. B....I agree it would be a good PR deal to sign the State of MN top scorer. However from what I saw at the state tourney. He may be the least athletic player the Bison have signed in the last three years.

RedRiver
08-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the two players that the Bison have offered scholarships, Aaberg from Rothsay MN and Dufault from Killdeer ND?

tony
08-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Arizona State and Washington State both sent coaches to Killdeer, North Dakota and I think both have made offers - Arizona State for sure according to ASUDevils.com. Montana State also offered, but Dufault has seemingly dropped them from consideration. Aaron hasn't dropped NDSU though (again, that's according to ASUDevils.com). Lots of schools got very interested after the Las Vegas tourney.

SDbison
08-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Arizona State and Washington State both sent coaches to Killdeer, North Dakota and I think both have made offers - Arizona State for sure according to ASUDevils.com. Montana State also offered, but Dufault has seemingly dropped them from consideration. Aaron hasn't dropped NDSU though (again, that's according to ASUDevils.com). Lots of schools got very interested after the Las Vegas tourney.
Who are these guys? Some info or links would be great. Any big guys for a post player yet (or at least someone very athletic that plays bigger like Andre)? I thought that NDSU was going to try to secure a JC transfer that could contribute immediately. Any possibilities? For a team with a specific need to fill things sure have been calm and quiet.

tony
08-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Who are these guys? Some info or links would be great. Any big guys for a post player yet (or at least someone very athletic that plays bigger like Andre)? I thought that NDSU was going to try to secure a JC transfer that could contribute immediately. Any possibilities? For a team with a specific need to fill things sure have been calm and quiet.

Well, both kids are tall and and athletic. All I need to know about Dufault is that Arizona State had a coach spend two days out there and are making him a top recruiting priority. He blew folks away at that Las Vegas tourney and would be a big recruiting coup for NDSU.

Swat_Team10
08-07-2007, 04:29 PM
I am not sure the word "coep" is right. Based on the fact that some High Major School came and offered a kid with a lot of potential then yes it would be an upset recruit. But Qvale had those offers to, but even though he did not choose NDSU, I think he chose the proper level for him to play at! He is the Bison level, and would be a great fit. Unless he absolutely blew up this summer like the Iverson kid in South Dakota...but all in all it sounds like he should be wearing green and gold. On a side note:

I heard that SDSU pulled its offer from the Schilling kid. Is this true? And why?

tcbison
08-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Here is a story and video about NDSU's offer.

http://www.kxmb.com/t/high-school-sports/144317.asp

He is 6'8" and can shoot the three. Here is part of an article:

Austin Dufault, PF, ECI West Gold – This 6-foot-8 standout made his way to center court as his team lost to the Oklahoma Magic in the “A” bracket title game. However, the loss for ECI yielded a positive: Dufault is now firmly on the national radar. A face-up power forward, only a handful of schools were actually in the gym to see him and no doubt will have a leg up on the competition. In his final two games of the event, the competitive Dufault stroked 9 3-pointers.

Sounds like Gonzaga is having some interest in him. Arizona State and Washington State are interested as well.

lakesbison
08-08-2007, 05:04 AM
dont worry bout Schilling...... things are getting close with him !!!

SDSU pulled their offer becuz UNI and NDSU are the front runners for Cody

MR B. Cody will put the ball in the hole, who cares about his athletic prowess!!!!

onbison09
08-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Here is a story and video about NDSU's offer.

http://www.kxmb.com/t/high-school-sports/144317.asp

He is 6'8" and can shoot the three. Here is part of an article:

Austin Dufault, PF, ECI West Gold – This 6-foot-8 standout made his way to center court as his team lost to the Oklahoma Magic in the “A” bracket title game. However, the loss for ECI yielded a positive: Dufault is now firmly on the national radar. A face-up power forward, only a handful of schools were actually in the gym to see him and no doubt will have a leg up on the competition. In his final two games of the event, the competitive Dufault stroked 9 3-pointers.

Sounds like Gonzaga is having some interest in him. Arizona State and Washington State are interested as well.
Hate to sound like a downer but do we even have a chance to get him??

RedRiver
08-08-2007, 09:37 PM
The Bison Media Blog is reporting that both Dufualt and Aaberg, who have been offered by NDSU, will be waiting until closer to the fall signing period before they make their decisions.

Mr_Meanor
08-11-2007, 01:04 AM
I have heard that Minnesota is now making push for Dufault...even though they might have started to recruit him late I think they got a good shot at the kid....sounds like Tubby fell in love with him the second he saw him play.

Mr. Burgundy
08-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Schilling is good to very good, they are just concerned that he is not an "athlete" in the form of say Freddie Coleman (who I can't wait to watch run the court by the way). That is not a knock on him by any means, again...he continually puts the team on his back during big games. You can't go against what he does on the court. I am sort of comparing this to the NFL draft...combine/workout warrior vs the guy who just gets it done. I will take a perfomer anytime. I hope we get this guy done soon. On a sidenote...when will we get lucky? I want to land the next Boschee/Quale/whoever is from North Dakota....regardless of who the other offers are from. Stay home son. Let your parents watch you...EVERY GAME. Regarding the Juco big that is often discussed, they won't sign just anyone, if the right player for the right situation presented itself, I could see it happening (like 'Dre did). THat is more my opinion that factual info...but I would say it is close to accurate.

BisonBlogger
08-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Not ever seeing Schilling play, it is hard to compare, but he sounds like a skilled basketball player.

It should be pointed out that guys like Ben Woodside and Mike Nelson were rejected by all the high-major schools for similar reasons. Either they were too short, or not athletic enough etc.

Basketball skills and know how have out weighed any perceived physical limitations these two guys may have had. I would say Schilling may fall into this category and deserves a shot to prove the nay-sayers wrong.

Let's hope it will be with NDSU's 2008-2009's teams run for the NCAA

TAILG8R
08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
It looks like Arizona now wants on the Dufault bandwagon.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

tony
08-14-2007, 08:00 AM
It looks like Arizona now wants on the Dufault bandwagon.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Actually that's Arizona State and they have offered him.

I'd obviously love to see Dufault help make history at NDSU.

89rabbit
08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I heard that SDSU pulled its offer from the Schilling kid. Is this true? And why?

Yup, because we have 1 scholy left and it is for someone who can play the #5.

Go Jackrabbits! :)

OnTheFifty
08-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Visiting ASU over Labor day weekend. Working on a visit to Wash St.

Offers include: NDSU, Wash ST, ASU, Rice, Montana State, Evansville, several Ivy and D2 schoools.

Minnesota close to offering, if have not already.