PDA

View Full Version : Official Media Outlets for NDSU Football!

aces1180
08-02-2007, 08:44 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1147037

This is very good news. Jorgenson and Gellner are back together again! (They were the original sports anchors on FOX in Fargo)

Plus games on KRCQ...That's a block from my house in DL.

I will still need to set the DVR for the coach's show however.

sambini
08-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Sounds good+++

NWNDBison
08-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Besides WDAY, does anyone know who the other 6 ND radio stations carrying Bison Football will be? I was disappointed it wasn't listed in the article.

roadwarrior
08-02-2007, 10:30 PM
WDAY-AM 970 Fargo
KDVL-FM 102.5 Devils Lake
KRVX-FM 103.1 Jamestown
KZZJ-AM 1450 Rugby
KLXX-AM 1270 Bismarck
KEYZ-AM 660 Williston
KQLX-FM 106.1 Lisbon
KRCQ-FM 102.3 Detroit Lakes

Bisonguy
08-02-2007, 11:35 PM
KX4 is already kicking off their coverage. They will have Bohl on the sunday sports extra at 10:30 PM.

TheBisonator
08-03-2007, 12:51 AM
I heard thru the grapevine that the TV deal Minnesota game is almost complete (ESPN+/FSN North, same as last year) and the SDSU game is now close to a deal with FSN.

lakesbison
08-03-2007, 01:14 AM
yes.. FSN will have MINNESOTA and SDSU game.. just watch... watch closely....

MinotBison
08-03-2007, 01:18 AM
WDAY-AM 970 Fargo
KDVL-FM 102.5 Devils Lake
KRVX-FM 103.1 Jamestown
KZZJ-AM 1450 Rugby
KLXX-AM 1270 Bismarck
KEYZ-AM 660 Williston
KQLX-FM 106.1 Lisbon
KRCQ-FM 102.3 Detroit Lakes

I know from last year's experience that we here in Minot can barely (if at all) pick up the stations from Williston and Bismarck. However, just for fun I pulled the trusty 2002 Neon out onto the driveway and tuned in to the Rugby station. Again, I could just barley pull it in, and there is no guarantee what the reception is going to be after 8 p.m. or so. I guess it looks like another dry year radio-wise for those of us in the north central part of the state.

Tatanka
08-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Looks like Jeremy J is doing a hell of a job. This can only be good for NDSU. I don't think it's a stretch to start expecting sellouts or near sellouts for every football game moving forward. Once people see it on TV they will want to be a part of the action. :nod:

Hopefully the coverage is as good for basketball...:hungry:

westriver bison
08-03-2007, 01:23 AM
I know from last year's experience that we here in Minot can barely (if at all) pick up the stations from Williston and Bismarck. However, just for fun I pulled the trusty 2002 Neon out onto the driveway and tuned in to the Rugby station. Again, I could just barley pull it in, and there is no guarantee what the reception is going to be after 8 p.m. or so. I guess it looks like another dry year radio-wise for those of us in the north central part of the state.

Same for the southwest

Ivy
08-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Same for the southwest

But it is an improvement compared to last year. Hopefully, they will keep adding stations! Would love to see all of ND covered as well as the Twin Cities area.

Gully
08-03-2007, 02:29 AM
I agree they should have a station in Minot....and Minneapolis. I would probably wet myself if they pulled a Minneapolis station off. I think Nebraska games used to be on the radio here in the twin cities, why not NDSU?

Gully
08-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Now that I think of it, I might also wet myself at the Gopher game....for a different reason.

bincitysioux
08-03-2007, 03:16 AM
I don't intend this as smack, as it looks like your leadership is doing a great job expanding NDSU's media coverage, especially on the TV side, but............I can't believe Jorgenson is going to be doing play-by-play on FSN North, much less at all. I've watched him nearly every Saturday for the last two years on KPAX doing Griz games. He is not good. To put it nicely as possible, he is very poor at play-by-play. I would hope that they let Scott Peters do the games on KVLY/KXJB.

onbison09
08-03-2007, 03:49 AM
Since when did KZZJ have Bison football on?? My home town putting Bison football on the air. That's awesome!!

MinotBison
08-03-2007, 03:55 AM

It's now after 10:30 pm, and I just tried picking up the Rugby station a few minutes ago. Only 65 miles away, mind you.

Forget that. I couldn't get any distinguishable signal at all. This is nuts that a significant portion of the state (up here and the southwest, as mentioned a few posts ago) will not have decent radio coverage.

onbison09
08-03-2007, 04:31 AM
It's now after 10:30 pm, and I just tried picking up the Rugby station a few minutes ago. Only 65 miles away, mind you.

Forget that. I couldn't get any distinguishable signal at all. This is nuts that a significant portion of the state (up here and the southwest, as mentioned a few posts ago) will not have decent radio coverage.

It's a crappy station. Sometimes the signal was bad in town. I feel like apologizing.

Gully
08-03-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm surprised the Bismarck station doesn't reach to Minot...I thought I used to get the station even Northwest of Minot....and no, I'm not thinking of KFYR.

THEsocalledfan
08-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey, let's give Lakes some credit where credit is due. Has his campaigns probably done much to influence FSN, but who knows?

lakesbison
08-03-2007, 04:18 PM
no problem man. thank you.

once the SDSU game is signed THEN you can REALLY thank me.

here's my beef. Alexandria/Brainerd, St Cloud even, with the St John's influence in stealing NDSU transfers that can't cut it at NDSU.

Gagliardi & NDSU staff have a good relationship.

Funny 660AM http://www.660wbhr.com out of St Cloud cant pick up NDSU games, they have ST JOHN"S games and I can hear them in Fargo sometimes AND Minneapolis clearly. ONLY 3-4 NDSU games would conflict with ST John's 1pm starts.

Ivy
08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
no problem man. thank you.

once the SDSU game is signed THEN you can REALLY thank me.

here's my beef. Alexandria/Brainerd, St Cloud even, with the St John's influence in stealing NDSU transfers that can't cut it at NDSU.

Gagliardi & NDSU staff have a good relationship.

Funny 660AM http://www.660wbhr.com out of St Cloud cant pick up NDSU games, they have ST JOHN"S games and I can hear them in Fargo sometimes AND Minneapolis clearly. ONLY 3-4 NDSU games would conflict with ST John's 1pm starts.

I think someone may have brought this up before, but doesn't KFGO's signal reach down there? I would love to dumb WDAY and get KFGO as the flagship station.

WestDak
08-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I grew up in Dickinson and return there for a few Dickinson State games each fall. 660 from Williston comes in great during the day there, so I have never had any problems with listening to NDSU day games there. At night, it still comes in somewhat, since there aren't any stronger 660 stations nearby to interfere. I guess when it comes to listening to a game, I will take somewhat comes in over not being able to hear it at all.

If you go to www.radio-locator.com, you can enter in a town or station, and click on the question mark column once the stations show. There will be links on there to see the coverage area should be for the stations. According to that, the Rugby station should be heard in Minot. Of course, it also says that it may be heard in Bismarck, and I have never gotten 1450 in Bismarck. 1270 in Bismarck has fringe area in Minot and to the north as well. Other things can come into play such as living in a valley, power lines, etc. There are parts of Bismarck/Mandan where I can pick up 1230 from Dickinson, and other places I can't.

sambini
08-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Talking to NDSU they said you also have to tell those stations in your area. That you want BISON football.

sambini
08-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I also think in the future we need to be on the new am station that Jim Ingstad is starting up. It will have one powerful signal. And Jim is a great supporter of NDSU athletics.

onbison09
08-03-2007, 09:20 PM
I could always get 710 AM from Bismarck in pretty strong in Rugby. Sometimes when I was in Minot it would come in. Too bad that don't have anything from the North Central part of the state.

HerdBot
08-04-2007, 02:16 AM
This is huge! Having that many games on TV will make us extremely visible to future recruits which will ultimately lead to a better teams, more fans, and more excitement!

It's too bad we don't have any games on WDAY which kind of suprised me but we're getting more games now and a much better slot for the Craig Bohl show. The old time slot really sucked.

I just hope this means that we will still see the guys over at WDAY continue to cover football because they do one hell of a job. Hat's off to Steve Hallstrom. He's extremely underrated and I'm glad he will still be on 970. I hope they continue the areavoices blog.

On the other hand, we may actually SEE Bison highlights on KVLY & KXJB.

We're headed in the right direction

TheDoctor
08-04-2007, 05:51 AM
I am glad there not on WDAY. Their reception is TERRIBLE! ;)

Bisonguy
08-05-2007, 02:34 AM
Just watched the press conference on GoBison.com- definitely worth the time to watch.

They're still working on radio affiliates and the SFA game has a very good chance of being on FOX College sports, and will also be offered to all the other FOX sports nets (probably tape-delayed).

NDSUFREAK
08-05-2007, 02:50 AM
What radio station will carry it in grand forks? The BISON play away during EDC and State tennis and those are in GF. While I wait to play and watch teammates play i will be listening to the BISON :)

Bisonguy
08-05-2007, 02:57 AM
You normally can pull in 970 without issue in GF.

NDSUFREAK
08-05-2007, 03:48 AM
You normally can pull in 970 without issue in GF.
GOOD, Cause I was worried that 970 might have been WDAZ and I have no idea who carries und in gf

Bisonguy
08-06-2007, 03:34 AM
Looks like the Timberpups have a game at 7:00 PM on 11/17, so as long as SDSU keeps the game at 1:00 and finally signs off the rights, the Border Marker battle should be on FSN.

Jorgenson had stated in the press conference that the Timberwolves schedule and SDSU's AD were the only hold-ups to the game being on FSN North.

Tatanka
08-06-2007, 03:37 AM
Looks like the Timberpups have a game at 7:00 PM on 11/17, so as long as SDSU keeps the game at 1:00 and finally signs off the rights, the Border Marker battle should be on FSN.

Jorgenson had stated in the press conference that the Timberwolves schedule and SDSU's AD were the only hold-ups to the game being on FSN North.
No way SDSU's AD squanders the opportunity for the regional exposure. Although he'll likely milk the rights for all they're worth. Not that I wouldn't...

sambini
08-06-2007, 03:38 AM
Blue get this done+++

mn-bison
08-06-2007, 10:51 AM
I think someone may have brought this up before, but doesn't KFGO's signal reach down there? I would love to dumb WDAY and get KFGO as the flagship station.

You can get 790 in the Alexandria area for day games, but at night you are lucky to hear every third word... 102.3 will be a great addition to listen to the Bison...

TransAmBison
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Tatanka, another excellent signature...hats off to you!

NDSUFREAK
08-06-2007, 12:46 PM
No way SDSU's AD squanders the opportunity for the regional exposure. Although he'll likely milk the rights for all they're worth. Not that I wouldn't...
CAW CAW!!! HAAA, great sig

SDbison
08-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Actually SDSU is first trying to figure out how to camoflage all the porta potty's in the end zone so Coughlin doesn't look so much like a dump on regional TV. I can hear the announcers now...."Wow, that new Daktronics scoreboard is impressive.....must still be under construction though as there must be a dozen porta pottys lined up around it." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tatanka
08-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Tatanka, another excellent signature...hats off to you!

CAW CAW!!! HAAA, great sig

Glad to be of assistance... :bow:

87Bisonfan
08-17-2007, 02:40 PM
I could always get 710 AM from Bismarck in pretty strong in Rugby. Sometimes when I was in Minot it would come in. Too bad that don't have anything from the North Central part of the state.

It appears that KHRT 1320 in Minot will be broadcasting the Bison games this year. The map on GoBison has been updated and now lists KHRT. This should cover most of north central ND. I understand that some local alumni and supporters contacted the station and encouraged the station to consider becoming an affilliate.

99Bison
08-17-2007, 03:07 PM
That's what it takes -- people passionate enought to ask!

Herd
08-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Dickinson, step in line! Linton, get on board! Mott, where are you? Let's cover the state.

Wow that station in Bismarck must be pretty weenie, it barely covers the locals. A good station in Bismarck like 710, along with Dickinson would get it done.

Gully
08-17-2007, 11:05 PM
This is great news. How much of a chance do we stand of ever getting on a twin cities station?

I know that Minnesotan's for Nebraska has, in the past, bought airtime so that the Cornhuskers were broadcast in MN. I wonder how much that would cost?

MinotBison
08-17-2007, 11:42 PM
It appears that KHRT 1320 in Minot will be broadcasting the Bison games this year. The map on GoBison has been updated and now lists KHRT. This should cover most of north central ND. I understand that some local alumni and supporters contacted the station and encouraged the station to consider becoming an affilliate.

KHRT is a small christian radio station, and probably the last place I would have thought would carry the games. Nonetheless, this is great news for us up here. To the alumni and supporters that contacted them and made this possible, THANK YOU!!!

tcbison
08-17-2007, 11:43 PM
This is great news. How much of a chance do we stand of ever getting on a twin cities station?

I know that Minnesotan's for Nebraska has, in the past, bought airtime so that the Cornhuskers were broadcast in MN. I wonder how much that would cost?

Gene Taylor emailed me saying they are in negotiations with a station right now in the twin cities. However, they are not sure how it will turn out.

Gully
08-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Gene Taylor emailed me saying they are in negotiations with a station right now in the twin cities. However, they are not sure how it will turn out.

WOW, that would really be something if that turned out.

tcbison
08-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Dickinson, step in line! Linton, get on board! Mott, where are you? Let's cover the state.

Wow that station in Bismarck must be pretty weenie, it barely covers the locals. A good station in Bismarck like 710, along with Dickinson would get it done.

I grew up in Mott! In my graduating class of 18, 6 of us went to NDSU, 0 went to und. Mott has always sent a lot of their graduates to NDSU.

During the day, they can get KEYZ just fine but not in the evening. They really need a Dickinson station to pick up the Bison. One of the last times I was home I went to Big Sky Athlete in Dickinson and asked if they had any Bison gear. All they had was one sweatshirt. I was pretty disappointed.

Gully
08-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Mott high school football rules!!!!

tcbison
08-18-2007, 05:15 PM

Is this from Bison Brevs back in like somewhere between 1994-1996? If so that was a funny skit. I believe Joel Honeyman from Regent came up with that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mott makes it to the 9 man championship game this year. They should have a very good team again this year.

Gully
08-19-2007, 05:08 AM
Is this from Bison Brevs back in like somewhere between 1994-1996? If so that was a funny skit. I believe Joel Honeyman from Regent came up with that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mott makes it to the 9 man championship game this year. They should have a very good team again this year.

You got it! I know Joel...good guy, last I heard he was working for Bobcat.

KC Bison
08-19-2007, 11:05 PM
There is no way the SDSU would want an outdoor game at night in mid-November.

WestDak
08-31-2007, 02:22 AM
tcbison, just curious, can you get Hettinger or Bowman in Mott at night?

Before any of these media announcements came out, I had e-mailed Jeremy Jorgenson asking about radio. I heard of people in Dickinson that didn't know they could listen to NDSU games on 660, since they did not promote it very well. He answered me right away, and I sent him a message a few days ago to compliment them on what has been done so far, and he mentioned they are still talking to a few stations in SW North Dakota, trying to fill in that hole.

Even if they could get a Dickinson station to just broadcast the night games, that would help.

tcbison
08-31-2007, 02:39 AM
tcbison, just curious, can you get Hettinger or Bowman in Mott at night?

Before any of these media announcements came out, I had e-mailed Jeremy Jorgenson asking about radio. I heard of people in Dickinson that didn't know they could listen to NDSU games on 660, since they did not promote it very well. He answered me right away, and I sent him a message a few days ago to compliment them on what has been done so far, and he mentioned they are still talking to a few stations in SW North Dakota, trying to fill in that hole.

Even if they could get a Dickinson station to just broadcast the night games, that would help.

Yes, Hettinger or Bowman come in just fine.

badger04
09-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I found another website for tv games.http://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/games
Also the game is going to be on Fox Sports Pacific (Cable College Sports Network) Go Bison

Bisonguy
09-03-2007, 01:53 PM
I found another website for tv games.http://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/games
Also the game is going to be on Fox Sports Pacific (Cable College Sports Network) Go Bison

Nice find on the FCS Pacific listing! There was someone on one of the radio shows mentioning that the game might also be aired on one of the FOX College Sports networks.

A lot of cable companies have the FOX College Sports channels for their digital packages.

Hammersmith
09-03-2007, 04:47 PM
BTW, KBMW-AM1450(Wahpeton) has been added to the Bison Radio Network. That should give us complete SE ND coverage, lock in Fergus Falls, and give us a bit of NE SD coverage(almost to Watertown on a good day). All we need now is a good Dickinson station and something in Mlps-StP.

THEsocalledfan
09-04-2007, 02:43 AM

Except when they run into the Rolette Comets in the 1990 9 man state title game. Although it is in a box, I still have my state title plaque.

Herd
09-04-2007, 04:56 AM
BTW, KBMW-AM1450(Wahpeton) has been added to the Bison Radio Network. That should give us complete SE ND coverage, lock in Fergus Falls, and give us a bit of NE SD coverage(almost to Watertown on a good day). All we need now is a good Dickinson station and something in Mlps-StP.

Agreed, we need Dickinson, a stonger Bismarck station, and MSP to round things out. That would be a great network.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-04-2007, 02:47 PM

1450 can be heard as far north as Grand Forks, so I would assume that it should cover a pretty good portion of the NE SD and into MN. Should overlap nicely with the Detriot Lakes, Fargo and Lisbon Stations to complete the coverage area.