PDA

View Full Version : How about putting together a collection of Bison games to share?

CaBisonFan
07-28-2007, 06:38 AM
Would anyone be interested? Sambini says that he has the championship game against Wacker's team in McAllen. Not sure of the year.

Another person (forgot the username) says he has a movie of the Bison (1-2 at that point) beating #1 rated UND by the score of 31-7 from 1971. We could include games from all eras. It could be a big collection.

Any thoughts? Could we do it?

Any interest?

A suggestion: People that have movies try to get them put onto DVD's...send a DVD to me...I'll edit them...put them together chronologically...and distribute them. I would only charge for the price of the DVD and the postage. Maybe someone else up there would rather do it. Here in Hemet, Ca...my son could help with making it into a production...more than just a bunch of clips. Include team pictures, interviews, etc, etc.

Feasible?

I think that it would be a real hoot. Maybe this is just another one of my pie in the sky ideas.

The goal: Enjoyment...show the history of the tradition...etc. It could include photos and a slide show could be a part of the DVDs.

sambini
07-28-2007, 01:19 PM
That was 1981 when NDSU beat the number ranked Sioux 31-7.

No_Skill
07-28-2007, 03:18 PM
I'd love to see this happen since I am a relatively new Bison Fan and only started to follow Bison Football my fresman year at NDSU ('96). I've only heard stories and read articles about the good ol' days. I'd love to see the greats in action.

I worry about the legality of pulling this off, though. :(

TheDoctor
07-28-2007, 03:35 PM
I'd love to see this happen since I am a relatively new Bison Fan and only started to follow Bison Football my fresman year at NDSU ('96). I've only heard stories and read articles about the good ol' days. I'd love to see the greats in action.

I too have been a fan for only a decade and would be very interested. Someone who is VERY proper will be posting on here soon that this is illegal and such (much more detailed and serious), I just know it. So, I say PM each other from now on to get this done. I'd LOVE a copy and would gladly give you a beer or two as thanks when it is distributed (I'd obviously not say pay you, because the legal freaks would really be all over me for violating laws). ;)

Gully
07-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I can't imagine who would sue over something like this unless you produce something and sell it to others. After all, I don't know of anywhere you can buy something like that so who would it really be harming?

Bisonguy
07-28-2007, 08:00 PM
I can't imagine who would sue over something like this unless you produce something and sell it to others. After all, I don't know of anywhere you can buy something like that so who would it really be harming?

The NCAA has full rights to all of the playoff games. They will be selling videos in the future, you can even pre-order them here (no money required, just helps get the videos in the production que)- http://www.ncaaondemand.com/search?institutions=north+dakota+state&year=&sport=&x=0&y=0The NCAA has sent out cease and desist letters to photographers that have NCAA football photos on their website (even DII and DIII schools), even though they are not selling those particular photos.

Anyhow, we've been through this a few times before on the board.Pretty much any reselling is completely illegal. Many people swap videos, but that's a bit of a gray area. The BEST option, IMO, would be if someone wanted to make some backups of the videos he recorded to store off his property, in case of a disaster (fire, flood, etc.). Any of his friends that would be willing to store a DVD, or two, or three, would send him the required DVDs with return postage. This way absolutely no money exchanges hands. Of course, this is a completely hypothetical situation. :uhyeah:

TransAmBison
07-28-2007, 08:27 PM
The NCAA has full rights to all of the playoff games. They will be selling videos in the future, you can even pre-order them here (no money required, just helps get the videos in the production que)- http://www.ncaaondemand.com/search?institutions=north+dakota+state&year=&sport=&x=0&y=0The NCAA has sent out cease and desist letters to photographers that have NCAA football photos on their website (even DII and DIII schools), even though they are not selling those particular photos.

Anyhow, we've been through this a few times before on the board.Pretty much any reselling is completely illegal. Many people swap videos, but that's a bit of a gray area. The BEST option, IMO, would be if someone wanted to make some backups of the videos he recorded to store off his property, in case of a disaster (fire, flood, etc.). Any of his friends that would be willing to store a DVD, or two, or three, would send him the required DVDs with return postage. This way absolutely no money exchanges hands. Of course, this is a completely hypothetical situation. :uhyeah:
I would hypothetically be very interested in storing as many dvd's as there were. I worry about fires and other natural disasters, and therefore really believe in the idea of storing copies in different locations. :blush:

TheDoctor
07-28-2007, 08:51 PM
The NCAA has full rights to all of the playoff games. They will be selling videos in the future, you can even pre-order them here (no money required, just helps get the videos in the production que)- http://www.ncaaondemand.com/search?institutions=north+dakota+state&year=&sport=&x=0&y=0

Bisonguy should be in politics! Sounds good to me. ;)

onbison09
07-29-2007, 09:23 PM

For those of us born before the glory days that would be great. Dinking around one day and found a tape of us playing the Firetrucks from some year before the FFD. It was fun watching the game and I would definitely love watching a collection.

sambini
07-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Call the boys at WDAY SPORTS.....